Rob Chudzinski

HurricanePride

Freshman
I know everyone wants Butch back, but what are you guys thoughts on Rob Chudzinski, idk very much about him other then he coached here back in the day, also what kind of Defense does he run, also is he a pro style O? i am hoping whoever becomes to next coach will go back to a 4-3, also who do you guys think he would put on his staff?

Advertisement
No

There has yet been a single person to justify him as a coaching candidate. I see nothing that makes him stand out.

Last edited:
What has he done as a HC? We need a for sure hire this program is in the dumps right now. We can't afford to keep losing. Not saying that he will loose at Miami, but we need someone who has been there done that.

i get what you guys saying, i just found this post on twitter interesting

Geo305 ‏@CIS_Geo 12h12 hours ago
I've been told this man would be the frontrunner if a certain someone is to be let go.

and it is a picture of Chud

https://twitter.com/CIS_Geo

Advertisement
He could be our Pete Carroll/Jim Mora, jr .......or.......he could be our Mike Sherman/Dave Wanstedt.......and the truth is EVERY coach will come with some level of risk. Unless it's Saban or Meyer (yeah, I know), we're gonna be taking a gamble on someone..

Been saying for a while that we need a head coach, not a head recruiter. Chud doesn't inspire optimism in either area, so I assume our pathetic administration will make him a priority.

Like Hue Jackson, he only spent 1 season as a head coach before getting s***canned. But Hue had a much more legit argument that he deserved to stay after winning 8 games in his first season with Oakland. Chud went 4-12 in Cleveland, was a disaster, and got fired prematurely. His players liked him, but who gives a s***? And now he's part of a Colts staff that's underachieving badly.

Zero track record of success as a HC, hasn't coached at the college level in 12 years, and there's been speculation that he'd be a liability as a recruiter because it's something he doesn't like doing. He's on my "**** no" list. But I'm sure he'll come cheap because he won't be coveted by anyone else, so the administration probably loves him as a candidate.

It's true. He said the proposed staff is rob as a front runner. He said some of the older BOT hold butch in high regard but are cautious of his North Carolina scandal ties (even though he's been cleared)

Advertisement
No. Either open the wallet and buyout Chris Petersen's contract at Washington or bring back Butch. No more maybes or up in comers. Proven winners this time. This program has no room for error.

Chud isn't coming here. He had several teams that wanted him as a oc this off-season but the colts gave him more money and made him asst. hc.

Even if pagano gets fired he will likely get a nfl job.

Advertisement
No one would be talking about this guy if he didn't play here. He's a failed HC who has been an average OC in the NFL. There are dozens of guys exactly like him that no one is talking about because they didn't play here. Playing here shouldn't be a factor at all when making the next hire.

Hue Jackson's resume blows Chud's out of the water, especially considering the season he's currently having as Cincy's playcaller. The only reason the immediate reaction to Chud rumors isn't as negative is because he's a "Miami man," which is complete bulls***.

Would love for someone to try to make the case for Chud without emphasizing that no one else covets him, no buyout would be involved, and he'd likely come cheap because there isn't any competition for his services.

Advertisement
Hue Jackson's resume blows Chud's out of the water, especially considering the season he's currently having as Cincy's playcaller. The only reason the immediate reaction to Chud rumors isn't as negative is because he's a "Miami man," which is complete bulls***.

Would love for someone to try to make the case for Chud without emphasizing that no one else covets him, no buyout would be involved, and he'd likely come cheap because there isn't any competition for his services.
We are the only program looking for a coach that has two coaches that no one else wants on our list. Chud according to this report and we all know that clown Mario is on their list. And why? Cause they're "Miami" guys.

If the bot want a Miami guy then get Butch Davis. If they want to go back to that well, then get the architect of that well not some two bit coordinator that wouldn't even be on your radar if he never coached here

Would be an awful hire that makes zero sense.

If UM's goal is to continue giving zero fvcks about winning, this is your guy. A completely ridiculous hire that makes zero sense and would help further build our case as to why the ACC should kick us out.

The rumor from last week was that Hue reached out to Miami with strong interest last year, when he and everyone else assumed there was no way UM's administration would be stupid enough to retain Golden as a dead man walking for Year 5.

So instead of possibly hiring Hue Jackson a year ago -- which would've changed the entire complexion of our current season, landed us a coach who's offensive mind is on full display right now in Cincinnati, and provided an immediate recruiting bump -- we might end up with Chud after throwing away 2015, sabotaging two recruiting classes, and bringing the toxicity surrounding the program to an all-time high.

Hope it was worth it to save a few bucks, UM. F***ing ********.

Advertisement
Back