Rivals tweet on AJL

Advertisement
Advertisement
so he took the test? say's he's just worried his score might get flagged because it will go up substantially

ohhh, good for him, thats a good sign.......i hope. He's the most talented reciever on our team the day he steps on campus.

Advertisement
If his test score gets flagged, he can easily turn in a signature match and it will get approved. What typically happens is that no one wants to get hit with fraud, so once the test score gets flagged and they receive the "please provide handwriting sample" in order to get proof, the student let's it go.

Kid is supposed to be here in January and has not taken the ACT? lol, that kid is never setting foot on campus.

Kid is supposed to be here in January and has not taken the ACT? lol, that kid is never setting foot on campus.

I think this is his second time taking it. We've been doing much better with the clearing house since Golden came along and fired the UM staff associated with all those cluster****s we had over the years(his first big move when he got hired, I believe). His chances are good, he is a big time football player who probably receives tutoring and other services in order to get him where he needs to be to qualify. You throw in a passing familiarity with the ACT from previous experiences taking it, and the sense of urgency he likely has to not have to do another year of prep, and I believe he just barely makes it in.

If not, I believe he can still enroll in the fall (correct?), and the kid isn't going anywhere. Worst case scenario, he comes here in 2014 as a grown *** man with 4 years of eligibility.

Advertisement
having attend fork union as a pg football player, i can tell you the way the class structure is set up, it's very easy to have a huge jump in your test score if you came from a place of not studying.
they break up their 5 classes or whatever into like 6 weeks. you attend english all day for 6 weeks. only focus on one subject at a time. and for the pgs, most of whom need test scores, its all vocabulary and all geared towards sat/act testing. that is usually the 1st class in the fall b/c all the fb players need to take the test.
you have mandatory study hall every night. doors open in your room. sunday night thru thurs night. 7:30-9. no talking to your roommates. nothing. the barracks are quiet. instructors walking up and down the halls waiting to hear you talk to give out demerits. impossible not to pass their classes or jump up your test score.

That's how 70% of people under the age of 20 type on the internet. Quit being grammar snobs. Pretty easy to figure out what it says.

Brilliant! 47.6 % of internet statistics are made up. Gud rieten is snobes. Eliterit lowest commen denominater gud. ;-)

lol not sayin it's good or anything, but if you can't understand it or don't like it, you might wanna think twice about following recruiting..

Advertisement
Few questions: who's paying for the year or semester in military prep?

Also, why would any player put himself in that ordeal? If he's grades aren't good, couldn't he just go to a community college?

Finally, teachers in high school bend over backwards to make sure the star football players get the grade they need. How are kids still having trouble with the GPA

That's how 70% of people under the age of 20 type on the internet. Quit being grammar snobs. Pretty easy to figure out what it says.

Brilliant! 47.6 % of internet statistics are made up. Gud rieten is snobes. Eliterit lowest commen denominater gud. ;-)

lol not sayin it's good or anything, but if you can't understand it or don't like it, you might wanna think twice about following recruiting..

*saying

305, lots have done it.
For different reasons.
Doesn't use any eligibility. To get discipline.
U only have to stay that a semester. B/c the structure is such that u will pass the tests.
Player pays.
Juco uses your eligibility, unless u qualified out of hs and just want to get noticed, ala shockey.
Testaverde went. McGuire the before I was there. Tons of guys go to get qualified or to get noticed.

Few questions: who's paying for the year or semester in military prep?

Also, why would any player put himself in that ordeal? If he's grades aren't good, couldn't he just go to a community college?

Finally, teachers in high school bend over backwards to make sure the star football players get the grade they need. How are kids still having trouble with the GPA

If you go JUCO it counts toward your eligibility. Prep doesn't...he will be counted as a freshman when he steps on campus.

Advertisement
Back