Rivals predicts commitments

Advertisement
I don't think we'll whiff on everyone of these big prospects. We'll get at least one more kid, and we'll probably turn a decent prospect in Ivery if we fail with Williams and Goldman.

I like the fact that Rivals has us missing out. makes me feel better actually

Advertisement
QB and the lines are the two hardest positions to project, and I just don't get impressed by internet hype. Some of Miami's best DT's in the history of the program were not highly thought of prospects at the position.

These ****ers have Auburn closing stronger than anyone. They'll end up with a top 5 class if they pull all these cats.

Scout that is.

Got extra payroll available with Deon and Ricardo bouncing. Aubrun may be a disaster this year...got lucky last year multiple times, now no Gus. Not looking good.

Last edited:
QB and the lines are the two hardest positions to project, and I just don't get impressed by internet hype. Some of Miami's best DT's in the history of the program were not highly thought of prospects at the position.

Okay actually that's complete nonsense.

DT and QB are actually two of the positions recruiting services do VERY well projecting. Safety and OT are other ones.

LB, RB, DE, WR, CB they do mediocre.

OG, C, they do awful.

From 2005 to 2009 the median stars for All-American QBs (across all All-American teams) was 4 (with an average position rank of 14). The 25th percentile? 4 star with a rank of 15. 75th was 5 star with a rank of 3.

For DT it was 4-star/7th (from 4-star/87th to 5-star/11th).

Over that time period All-American QBs included 5-star Vince Young, 4-star Troy Smith, 5-star Tim Tebow, 3-star Matt Ryan, 4-star Sam Bradford, 4-star Colt McCoy, 4-star Graham Harrell, 5-star Matthew Stafford, 4-star Kellen Moore, and 2-star Case Keenum.

For DTs? 5-star Jesse Mahelona, 5-star Haloti Ngata, 5-star Rodrique Wright, 1-star Brodrick Bunkley (he was NR), 5-star Claude Wroten, 4-star Kyle Williams, 5-star Glenn Dorsey, 4-star Quinn Pitcock, 2-star Eric Foster, 3-star Alan Branch, 4-star Sedrick Ellis, 4-star Terrence Cody, 5-star Gerald McCoy, 2-star Peria Jerry, 3-star Mitch King, 4-star Ndamukong Suh, 5-star Brian Price, 4-star Jared Odrick

Advertisement
The rivals guys have Howard to UF, and the scout guys have Howard to FSU. That leaves only one conclusion....Howard to UM. :p

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back