Rivals Article Palmetto 5

Which interview was that where he clowned Miami, I think I missed it can you provide a link. I have only been able to find old interviews with Palmetto Head Coach Mike Manasco.

Go Canes
It’s buried in one of the Palmetto related threads. Possibly LT. Maybe someone else has it.

Advertisement
It’s CIS, I remember when Ice Harris was “jealous Of the northern white man” Al Golden and south Florida coaches were racist towards Al Golden.

Quincy Wilson also didn’t deserve a scholarship and before anyone says something we did not want him at CB or Safety

Basically CIS always likes to make an enemy up. Remember Ivins ruined Jason Marshall’s moment that he picked Florida

Also isn’t the guy a FSU alumni ? Where does the gators conspiracy come from
What are you even talking about?

Cribby + Liberty have confirmed that Manasco tailpipe'd the JM situation and that was even after the questionable article comments about Brashard Smith.

I'm sure there have been other instances of questionable ethics/behaviour from Manasco that people on the board have pointed to you.

@Goulds Cane You in love with him or something?

Coach Manasco is an AMAZING man of God & even better football coach. He works tirelessly to make sure his players are the best they can be & has literally given kids money that can't afford to eat over the weekend. The fact that y'all are disgruntled & even spewing hate on his name because you want Palmetto's best players to be Hurricanes & help win games for your favorite college football team is so disgustingly childish. If you wanna get mad at something, get mad at our lack of on-field success since Butch left, our losses to FIU & Louisiana Tech and the recruiting prowess (or lack of) of some of the people on the University of Miami's coaching staff. Don't get mad at a man helping young black men from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds earn free college educations to improve their families' livelihoods.

Seriously? Go ***** yourself.

Nobody is "disgruntled" or "spewing hate on his name" because we "want Palmetto's best players to be Hurricanes".

People have a problem with him because he is a dishonest piece of garbage. He literally interfered with Jason Marshall's commitment to help arrange a six-figure payoff.

You need to leave. Every single thing that you cite as a "problem" for Miami is the same exact issue at Florida.

Our lack of on-field success since Butch left (and, hey, we won a national championship "since Butch left")? You can say the same about UiF since Urban left.

Specific losses? Yeah, UiF hasn't had any bad losses in the last couple of years, have they?

Recruiting prowess (or lack of) of SOME of the people on the coaching staff? Do you even read Gaytor Tears?

And don't come in here with this "helping young black men from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds earn free college educations" nonsense, as Palmetto is NOT the inner city, and these kids have MULTIPLE "free college education" offers.

Fvck "amazing man of God" Man-Sack-O, he's a piece of crap. If he wants to help young black men from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds earn free college educations, then let him take a job at Central.

It’s CIS, I remember when Ice Harris was “jealous Of the northern white man” Al Golden and south Florida coaches were racist towards Al Golden.

Quincy Wilson also didn’t deserve a scholarship and before anyone says something we did not want him at CB or Safety

Basically CIS always likes to make an enemy up. Remember Ivins ruined Jason Marshall’s moment that he picked Florida

Also isn’t the guy a FSU alumni ? Where does the gators conspiracy come from

Is he entirely to blame? No. But anyone who is even a slight enemy, is an enemy. He got called out on BS with the Brashard Smith interview i.e.

“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said.

and THIS was his clarification after Stock called:

"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

Thennnn he says a few days after people thought JM was going to commit that he felt he wasnt ready to shut it down, he needed to think about it, and less than a week later, he commits to UF

Anddddd the guy who rents a van on his own personal dime to take his top players on a tour around the bag schools in the southeast.

Yeah he is no friend of the canes.

What are you even talking about?

Cribby + Liberty have confirmed that Manasco tailpipe'd the JM situation and that was even after the questionable article comments about Brashard Smith.

I'm sure there have been other instances of questionable ethics/behaviour from Manasco that people on the board have pointed to you.

@Goulds Cane You in love with him or something?

So if FSU alumni/fan? is trying make UF better cause he hates Miami

Cribby ? Lol Mr.ivins ruined Marshall’s moment that would have shook Bama and CFB? That Tin foil conspiracy theorist ? Let’s list the palmetto coach evil deeds cause the only one I heard is that he pushed Marshall to UF which makes no sense.

Advertisement

Cribby ? Lol Mr.ivins ruined Marshall’s moment that would have shook Bama and CFB? That Tin foil conspiracy theorist ? Let’s list the palmetto coach evil deeds cause the only one I heard is that he pushed Marshall to UF which makes no sense.
If it wasn't a "tin foil" moment and it was really just a troll job by JM, why would Ivins and dong change their cbs?

Why would a miami writer help troll the team?

I'm sure there are other coaches that steer kids to certain schools but lets stop pretending this guy hasn't obviously tried to make Miami look bad while doing that. The Smith comments are an indictment of how blatant he was in talking out of both sides of his mouth and probably never would have corrected himself had people not pressed the reporter to get more clarity because it wasn't lining up.

He has every right to do what he feels he should and if that is steering kids to UF then fine do that, but don't do it under the guise of saying that he is just trying to get his kids a free scholarship and ability to get to the next level. They can do that at Miami too last I checked and their ability is getting them there. Very few kids fly under the radar anymore and especially in South Florida. Provide the opportunities for your players, don't try to influence their decisions.

Advertisement
The thing with me is that Smith clearly wanted to come to Miami as shown by his commitment and his head coach could have cost him a spot by giving the interview he gave. The interview did nothing to best serve his player and all it did was best serve himself. Then with the JM situation, he wanted to come here until his coach blew up his spot and turned his recruitment into a business deal. There is no way anybody can believe this guy has his kid’s best interest in mind or at least doesn’t try to manipulate them.
Another thing, you don’t hear the MNW coach giving an interview about his players every 2 weeks.

The thing with me is that Smith clearly wanted to come to Miami as shown by his commitment and his head coach could have cost him a spot by giving the interview he gave. The interview did nothing to best serve his player and all it did was best serve himself. Then with the JM situation, he wanted to come here until his coach blew up his spot and turned his recruitment into a business deal. There is no way anybody can believe this guy has his kid’s best interest in mind or at least doesn’t try to manipulate them.
Another thing, you don’t hear the MNW coach giving an interview about his players every 2 weeks.
I think two things are clear - Manasco doesn't like UM and JM was trolling us

How do you know hes not a UF Fan?? Just because he went to FSU doesnt mean anything? I had a lot of friends who were UM fans go to FSU because it was easier and cheaper to get into.

Advertisement

In breaking news, King Slayer just learned that Miami head coach Manny Diaz is an F$U alum.

Look, the Palmetto coach is tight with Hova. THAT is the connection. Not the diploma on the wall.

How do you know hes not a UF Fan?? Just because he went to FSU doesnt mean anything? I had a lot of friends who were UM fans go to FSU because it was easier and cheaper to get into.

he's an fsu fan. But this is a once in a lifetime haul for a class @ palmetto and he was probably trying to cash in. Since he had the connection with HOVA he was their in

his second year as an HC. clearly i didnt like what i saw so far but mullen been around. hes never going to be dabo, saban, etc and hes sloppy enough to get caught doing something stupid
I mean he’s failed as a DC several times before here also. Let’s hope he turns it around but seemed lost

Advertisement
Gary Ferman is a pessimist in order to create drama to justify the price tag on CS, plus he lives in hindsight. He'll hype up a recruit to the point that it seems homo and then when he doesn't produce three years down the road, he'll say he never should've even been offered.

He's a clown.
Gary Ferman reminds me of "The Penguin" in Batman, played by Danny Devito.....

Coach Manasco is an AMAZING man of God & even better football coach. He works tirelessly to make sure his players are the best they can be & has literally given kids money that can't afford to eat over the weekend. The fact that y'all are disgruntled & even spewing hate on his name because you want Palmetto's best players to be Hurricanes & help win games for your favorite college football team is so disgustingly childish. If you wanna get mad at something, get mad at our lack of on-field success since Butch left, our losses to FIU & Louisiana Tech and the recruiting prowess (or lack of) of some of the people on the University of Miami's coaching staff. Don't get mad at a man helping young black men from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds earn free college educations to improve their families' livelihoods.

Welcome coach M to the board? Maybe?

Advertisement
Back