Rivals and 247 get catfished by fake recruit

Advertisement
Here's a TN board thread with more details: https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tn-ot-blake-carrienger.301860/

This is Rivals' explanation:

"Hey guys, I haven’t read all the responses here but this is obviously and unusual situation. The “kid” was on twitter claiming offers that didn’t exist and was given a 5.5 rating based on those early offers as a placeholder until we could see him in person or his film (which turned out to be non-existent) was updated."

So Miami recruits who are actual humans can get rated as 2* by Rivals. But if someone even claims a UF/Bama offer, he's a 3* without even checking to see if he's real. LOL

Advertisement
Anyone get a hold of that article? I can only imagine how funny it was with the rivals idiots trying to write it. .

Rivals reporter: Alright, his name is Blake and hes from Tenn, we can rule out dual threat QB.

Rivals Analyst: actually he is a lineman sir.

Reporter: I see, this is going to be more difficult than I thought. A kid name Blake is probably scrappy, hustles every play, and is a gym rat. Lets also mention that he has a high football IQ, GREAT fundamentals, is heady, great intangibles, and has a ton of heart. I need one more talking point.

Analyst: Lets throw in sneaky athletic or point out that he is a real gamer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The recruiting sites just got caught with their shlt stained underwear down around their ankles, and are now coming up with third grade “the dog ate my homework“ excuses.

Are you fūcking kidding me? “Was given a 5.5 rating based on those early offers as a placeholder”

Who the fūck do they think their fooling?

There is no excuse. They gave a ghost a rating of 5.5. Calling it a “placeholder“ is just “dog ate my homework” excuses. These dumbfūcks won’t even own it.

The dirty lid has been blown way off the recruiting sites. Nobody should ever take them seriously again. Or pay them any kind of money. This proves it.

I can’t stop laughing at these fools!

D$ should appreciate this, because it clarifies that the primary ranking drive is offers, which is what he was pointing to in the context of Hunte.

While it seems funny, it isn’t a serious bug in the rankings. Fake recruits won’t exist by the time we get to next fall, and so not sure this reflects a hole.

Advertisement
It also proves that sec offers and commits get bumped higher than other conferences.
If the same kid had top acc and pac 12 offers they probably would t give sht. But because it’s bama and uga them the kid must be 3 star based on nothing.

I agree with your sentiment, but there was literally only one kid in the entire P5 recruiting class this year that didn't get bumped up to a 3 star and that was Pitt commit SirVocea Dennis who literally had 0 p5 or AAC offers besides Pitt and only had 1 or 2 G5 offers. So it really does seem like they give anyone with multiple P5 offers a 3rd star.

To be fair, most of the time we offer an under the radar 2 star they get bumped pretty fast to 3 star on rivals. Well at least it usually happens when they come out of nowhere and commit to us.

Advertisement
Back