Rivals and 247 get catfished by fake recruit

Advertisement
The recruiting sites just got caught with their shlt stained underwear down around their ankles, and are now coming up with third grade “the dog ate my homework“ excuses.

Are you fūcking kidding me? “Was given a 5.5 rating based on those early offers as a placeholder”

Who the fūck do they think their fooling?

There is no excuse. They gave a ghost a rating of 5.5. Calling it a “placeholder“ is just “dog ate my homework” excuses. These dumbfūcks won’t even own it.

The dirty lid has been blown way off the recruiting sites. Nobody should ever take them seriously again. Or pay them any kind of money. This proves it.

I can’t stop laughing at these fools!

Agreed, their excuse made it even worse. They should have at least gone with the old blaming it on an “intern who is no longer with the company”.

No mentions yet of the great Samson Doyo from around 20 years ago on Grassy? In today's world, the Nigerian monster from California would be a Six Star, easily.

I know I can't believe this thread got this far without a Doyo drop. Legend. Icon.

Advertisement
Here's a TN board thread with more details: https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tn-ot-blake-carrienger.301860/

This is Rivals' explanation:

"Hey guys, I haven’t read all the responses here but this is obviously and unusual situation. The “kid” was on twitter claiming offers that didn’t exist and was given a 5.5 rating based on those early offers as a placeholder until we could see him in person or his film (which turned out to be non-existent) was updated."

So Miami recruits who are actual humans can get rated as 2* by Rivals. But if someone even claims a UF/Bama offer, he's a 3* without even checking to see if he's real. LOL

The optics here is pretty crazy.

unless rivals changed their model, they're flat out lying

a 2* prospect used to be for those that weren't evaluated yet.

that's why they had a mass exodus a few years ago. they just make up chit on the fly with no consistency

Never cared about stars or rankings. Just get me the best players that fit our scheme. If they happen to be 5* great. If they happen to be 0* great.

Advertisement
When the coaches stopped by he was eating a popcorn sandwich with stuffed peas...Boneless Ice Cream for dessert.

Balee Me. Balee Me (trump voice)

I don't really have a problem with this. Wether the recruit was real or not is more or less irrelevant. The scouting services aren't better than the college staffs, and if their MO is to defer on a rating to a three star that ALLEGEDLY Alabama deems good enough for an offer, I am fine with that. They don't have guys in every city to look at someone up close and hedging by assuming the best staffs in the country are offering at least solid (3 star) players is pretty safe. Until these recruiting services start paying former coaches, not sure how much more we really should want from them beside giving credit to freak athletes and great offer lists.

Don't get me wrong, it is embarrassing, but I think there is some over reacting going on here.

Advertisement
rankings are just based off the offers and fan base subscripts/power. I thought you guys knew that...remember all them bust under coker...well they were only rated that high because of what we were at that time.

Bama could offered Zion Nelson two weeks b4 signing day and he would of been a 4 star recruit

People take these recruiting site ratings as gospel.

The recruiting sites just got caught with their shlt stained underwear down around their ankles, and are now coming up with third grade “the dog ate my homework“ excuses.

Are you fūcking kidding me? “Was given a 5.5 rating based on those early offers as a placeholder”

Who the fūck do they think their fooling?

There is no excuse. They gave a ghost a rating of 5.5. Calling it a “placeholder“ is just “dog ate my homework” excuses. These dumbfūcks won’t even own it.

The dirty lid has been blown way off the recruiting sites. Nobody should ever take them seriously again. Or pay them any kind of money. This proves it.

I can’t stop laughing at these fools!
In junior high school I got a teach to believe that I didn't have my homework because my dog ate it. Seriously.

"The bigger the lie, the more they believe."-Bunk Moreland

Advertisement
I don't really have a problem with this. Wether the recruit was real or not is more or less irrelevant. The scouting services aren't better than the college staffs, and if their MO is to defer on a rating to a three star that ALLEGEDLY Alabama deems good enough for an offer, I am fine with that. They don't have guys in every city to look at someone up close and hedging by assuming the best staffs in the country are offering at least solid (3 star) players is pretty safe. Until these recruiting services start paying former coaches, not sure how much more we really should want from them beside giving credit to freak athletes and great offer lists.

Don't get me wrong, it is embarrassing, but I think there is some over reacting going on here.

Not saying I agree 100% with your post, but I just noticed this:

So I have to give you a shout out for that good shlt right there

TO be fair, 247 didn’t rate him. The composite pulls up any public info from all other recruiting sites so that’s why he came out on their website.

Advertisement
Back