Rivalry Duster vs VT

Honestly, the only team we can’t catch is Louisville. We are one game out of second in the conference.

FSU still has Louisville, GT has Duke and Pitt I believe, and UNC has State and Pitt. We have a great chance to win the coastal with a 5-1 run or two sweeps. I think GT loses 1 or 2. As long as we tie them we should take it bc of head to head. I don’t see UNC sweeping State or Pitt

Advertisement
From last night’s game, but a very thorough injury update starting at 5:58:

The big headline for me is that it’s a nerve and not a ligament issue for McKendry, and McMahon has started light tossing

Advertisement
Only caught the last inning. Why was Castillo still in rf and not Jenkins?
He had a collision with Del Castillo early in the game and left a couple innings later. Not sure they’re related, but that’s my best guess.

He had a collision with Del Castillo early in the game and left a couple innings later. Not sure they’re related, but that’s my best guess.

Del Castillo needs to stay in RF the rest of the year and move to catcher whenever Amditis leaves. Kid's an athlete.

He may not be the swiftest kid around, but he has baseball instincts and gets good jumps on the ball. Both of those catches in the 8th and 9th were not easy.

Advertisement
Regarding the injured pitchers, it sounds like we'd be lucky if McMahon was back by the ACCT. McKendry doesn't seem close to being back.

Regarding the injured pitchers, it sounds like we'd be lucky if McMahon was back by the ACCT. McKendry doesn't seem close to being back.

I really don't see how you got that from the interview. They will both have another ten days off at least and one of the two will be back when we need them if I had to bet.

Advertisement

This is what i saw.

Sounds like me being on vacation is a good luck charm. Great sweep this weekend. Side note, I randomly ran into Turtle Thomas over the weekend, I had no idea he was bench coach for the Rangers High A affiliate out in Kinston, NC

Advertisement
McMahon will try to throw a few innings against Bethune from what I heard.

Some good shifting this weekend led to several hard groundouts at Escala in shallow RF.

Tony Jenkins made two amazing plays in CF that should be on video somewhere. That collision yesterday was no joke.

End-of-season setting up quite nicely.

Home against B-CC with no mid-week. Only 1 more mid-week game for the next 3 weeks. 2 remaining ACC series, both against teams with lesser ACC records (one home, one away).

Now, I'm not suggesting we finish the season on a 14 game winning streak, but if we take 8 out of 10 the rest of the way, we are in amazing shape for both the ACC tourney and hosting regionals/super-regionals.

Advertisement
Back