Rivalry Duster vs VT

Advertisement
Zamora, dressed as a VT player, boots a routine that would have gotten them out of the inning. 2 on 2 out.

He's only hitting .320 as a Freshman.

You can hug that average or even his OBP if you want but I mean, its pretty evident if you watch him play, that he is lost at the plate. His strikeouts arent even close. Im sure he will progress just fine but dude looks lost.

Advertisement
I prefer Gates as a "batter" but I am not a scout. His grandfather played football at Maryland and his father played baseball at Flagler College, which has arguably one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

Advertisement
Gate is right there with Del Castillo statistically as a hitter in most categories, and one is considered a stud and the other is lost?? Sorry, that's a poor way to describe Gates results at the plate this year. He's doing fine overall as a hitter. Del Castillo has been terrific though. Killer stat for him. In 172 at bats he has only struck out 15 times.

Gate is right there with Del Castillo statistically as a hitter in most categories, and one is considered a stud and the other is lost?? Sorry, that's a poor way to describe Gates results at the plate this year. He's doing fine overall as a hitter. Del Castillo has been terrific though. Killer stat for him. In 172 at bats he has only struck out 15 times.
Guys it’s ok to note that Gates has not been pretty at the plate the last few games. Lala is my favorite dude on the team and while his OBP is some absurd number like .450, I can admit he’s not as fresh right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Allowing a freshman to endure the ups and downs of that first season only makes him a better, more experienced player in the future. I'm glad we are using Gates instead of a bunch of JUCO transfers........

Advertisement
Back