Rise of the Super Teams

Advertisement
My thinking was that doing your thing because you’re a front runner is one thing, but making a decision that’s “best for you” based on the illegal acceptance of cash and gifts is a whole thing that can be argued against on moral and ethical grounds. Because of course, there are normally no real world consequences.

But you seem emotional and out of sorts, so please have a nice day otherwise.

Who said ANYTHING about accepting illegal cash?????

Try staying on topic and saying what you really mean in the 1st place.. It really helps.

Since I wasn't posting about ANYTHING that you responded to hopefully this is done

But knowing you...you cant let this go.

Either way I don't care and am leaving you to argue with yourself about Who knows what and no one else cares.

Thanks for reminding me not to respond to nonsense.

Have a wonderful day. BYE

Last edited:
Every generation is different same thing was said about us when we were at that age.back then late 60&70s we had to earn what we got it wasn't given to us.back then we didn't have the electronic devices we had today .today kids get things now not later.we call it loyalty but it's hard to tell a kid who has nothing today to be patient and wait for better things when someone is dangling a few carrots in front of them now.eventually those giving out the bags will get caught and it will all unravel .it'll be one big mess when it happens cause when one big program gets caught they'll eat out the others it'll domino from there.

Can’t understand why we don’t have one independent booster who has zero affiliations to the school just break these kids off something. There isn’t one rich canes fan in all of south florida willing to do this? Impossible.

Advertisement
Food for thought.

Unreported income may not always be in your best interest.
You're wrong man. You're just so, so wrong.

Must be nice on your high horse.

The reasons why you wrong:
#1. Having money beats not having money
#2. These cats are sophisticated. It's typically not $10k plus in cash handoffs, it's goods in kind. For example unemployed big bro who served a bid might get a 60k a year no show job, ma dukes might get a "job," they might "rent" a house with a "super understanding" landlord.
#3. Everyone knows this is going down, no sht bro. But the optics are terrible. You're telling me low-income, exploited African Americans will be prosecuted for taking below fair-market value for their services? Media would rally to their defense. NCAA is corrupt and wrong, the selfish schools will be painted as the villain. They're not going after a black single mother who gets a "job" regardless of circumstances. Political suicide.

Wake up fool

You're wrong man. You're just so, so wrong.

Must be nice on your high horse.

The reasons why you wrong:
#1. Having money beats not having money
#2. These cats are sophisticated. It's typically not $10k plus in cash handoffs, it's goods in kind. For example unemployed big bro who served a bid might get a 60k a year no show job, ma dukes might get a "job," they might "rent" a house with a "super understanding" landlord.
#3. Everyone knows this is going down, no sht bro. But the optics are terrible. You're telling me low-income, exploited African Americans will be prosecuted for taking below fair-market value for their services? Media would rally to their defense. NCAA is corrupt and wrong, the selfish schools will be painted as the villain. They're not going after a black single mother who gets a "job" regardless of circumstances. Political suicide.

Wake up fool

Ok bro. Thanks for setting me straight. Bro.

Ok bro. Thanks for setting me straight. Bro.
There's no tax evasion, homie. The "decision maker" aka people around the croot, will get these "jobs" with booster's business. They pay taxes. Payroll withholding. You're going to tell me that investigative reporters or the government will be questioning these jobs?

Bags have leveled up. It's inscrutable now.

I love the Canes. But I'm not spending my money on the football team, the billion $ endowment school, or especially a hood teenager I don't know. I'd rather get me a Rover than worry about some kid from Carol City's ride. That's the thing about Miami. We as fans don't spend anything on the program. Because it's not the thing to do. There's a lot better ways to spend $ here than bribing some "5 star" teenager.

I know some guys that are very financially successful U alums, PE guys, surgeons, multimillionaires. They don't even go to all the games let alone donate. It's different here. The Bama/Georgia cats will spend on their teams. Our people won't. I don't fault the players/handlers/baby mamas for chasing a check. I would too. But all things equal, if $ were taken out of the equation the majority of elite talent would want to live and go to school here.

Can’t understand why we don’t have one independent booster who has zero affiliations to the school just break these kids off something. There isn’t one rich canes fan in all of south florida willing to do this? Impossible.

This is a simple answer: Because you can't do anything similar to what happens in places like Tallahassee, Gainesville and Tuscaloosa. Why? Because we have a legitimate media presence here who isn't beholden to the local University for anything. Remember the following: If you write for the Tuscaloosa News, and you tick off the school enough to where they revoke your credential, you are out of a job. There's no way the University of Miami can do anything like that to someone at the Herald and do much damage.

There's a reason why the big NCAA investigations tend to center around schools in major cities. The media does the heavy lifting and the NCAA is basically forced to do something. Look at SMU in the eighties. What they were doing was no different than what Texas, TAMU and other SWC schools were doing. The only difference was that SMU boosters ran their mouths, and people like Dale Hansen were around and had the wherewithal to report it with zero consequences.

Kids at Miami may get "Taken Care" of, but it's minor compared to what you see at some other places. You may get a deal on a club admission, maybe a little spending money, but this booster group cannot and will not do things like move people's entire families to town.

Advertisement
Exactly!

Kids don’t owe their local school ****. The local school owes it to the kid to show them why the school is the #1 option. Plus, there are just too many kids that need to be developed that can be ultimately better than their star-ranking.

To the nutless fans: they’ll find another kid, develop their own or hit the transfer portal! They’ll do their job!

(Syracuse beat Clemson in ‘17 with a lesser roster than Miami has for 2019.)

Yep and Dabo came in their locker room and congratulated them. What a beta POS cvck move. Manny would never do that ghey ****.

Golly, and all along I thought it was to get a great education. In that case every recruit should want to come to the U. Guess I've been wrong since some go to FSU

I'm not so sure.

UCLA (under Wooden) won about 9 championships in 10 years in college basketball. No one has sniffed that since.

Tarkanian and his UNLV teams looked like they were going to destroy college basketball, but he was put on probation for probably far less than what many of the coaches do now. And I think that was fairly soon after they absolutely crushed Duke in....1990 I think. And he was doing it by winning far fewer recruiting battles than UNC and Duke back then.

The Celtics did about the same as UCLA, but in the pros - back in the 60s, I think.

Dynasties were much easier to build (in the pros) in the past without free agency - much, much easier.

But this is fluid, and maybe we'll start to see some mega-winners again.

But, remember - there are far, far fewer scholarships to give in NCAA football nowadays compared to the past.

That was one way that dynasties were created (in college football) in the past - having 100 and more kids on your team who were all talented.

And for a school like Clemson, it's not like they came out of nowhere - they won a championship around 1980 and have always had tough defenses - especially the DL. Swinney just kicked it up a notch - they've always been competitive.

And, at least in the NCAA for football, I don't see any "super team" around. There have always been a few teams who were more likely to win the championship. In the 70s, it was Texas, Ok and USC. In the 80s and 90s it was largely Miami and FSU. And so on.

At the moment, it's Alabama and Clemson. Ohio St. could have been there if Meyer stayed, but I think he left.

Georgia has never done **** and LSU is about the same - massive - massive underachievers when it comes to producing championships.

Miami needs to put a few years together of competing for CHAMPIONSHIPS. If it does that, the talk will be different with the fanbase.

IMO the rise of the super team culture the last 10 years has permeated college football. We see Kentucky and Duke sign most of the top talent across the nation year in and out. We saw LeBron leave home to come to Miami. Durant join an already championship team in Golden State. Baga go anywhere and get that states top talent, top class every year for 15 years. Gentlemen, the old adage of being dedicated your hood, state or country is long gone and replaced by instant gratification and who gives me my best chance for victory and show me the $$$. ****, we see it from the president! To QB traveling all the way from Cali to go to Clemson. To all the SOFL talent leaving for years to less desirable locations. To Donell Harris telling us thanks, but wherever I go they have proven to me that I can win a natty and get paid asap. The only thing left that is loyal, is your dog. Of course there are exceptions, but the new era of sports and the modern athlete is less about character and loyalty and more about $$$ and self promotion.

Advertisement
How many titles have that cheating got them tho?

2. Came very close multiple other times. They're also in the hunt every year, get all the big name players, get to watch their guys succeed in the pros, are on national TV constantly, etc. It's good to be Duke and Kentucky.

2. Came very close multiple other times. They're also in the hunt every year, get all the big name players, get to watch their guys succeed in the pros, are on national TV constantly, etc. It's good to be Duke and Kentucky.

Their fans don’t care about who goes to the NBA; they care about chips, bro. So Duke, UK, KU, and AU have a combined 2 titles since 2010 (the teams w the most 1 & dones & suspected, alleged pay to play)

UNC has 2 titles alone w/o 1 & done players. Villanova has 2 since 2010. UCONN has 2. UVA now has 1 and have been a perennial # 1 seed.

All I’m saying is that super teams don’t always work, even if u cheat for it. I think b/c it’s typically only 5 guys u play in b-ball, it’s easier to get away w being super college football team, more, than college basketball teams. Also w football, the earliest u can leave is after 3 yrs, so they’ve had both time to gel as a team & train the young pups next in line. In b-ball, u have the option to leave right away....so u only, really, have the season to gel. So when these guys face teams that have Jrs & Srs on them, that had time to gel, it becomes difficult for these front loaded 1 & done teams to win.

They r getting the fan fare, and hype around their school b/c of paying to play, but no chips around it.

Advertisement
Fair enough, but after my initial post I got to thinking that OGH’s perspective was solely based on guys that were to become NFL greats and if that were the case then one would have to make a case for the 00 canes.
The 91 UM team would give the 87..and 2000 team fits, if not Beat them...

Their fans don’t care about who goes to the NBA; they care about chips, bro. So Duke, UK, KU, and AU have a combined 2 titles since 2010 (the teams w the most 1 & dones & suspected, alleged pay to play)

UNC has 2 titles alone w/o 1 & done players. Villanova has 2 since 2010. UCONN has 2. UVA now has 1 and have been a perennial # 1 seed.

All I’m saying is that super teams don’t always work, even if u cheat for it. I think b/c it’s typically only 5 guys u play in b-ball, it’s easier to get away w being super college football team, more, than college basketball teams. Also w football, the earliest u can leave is after 3 yrs, so they’ve had both time to gel as a team & train the young pups next in line. In b-ball, u have the option to leave right away....so u only, really, have the season to gel. So when these guys face teams that have Jrs & Srs on them, that had time to gel, it becomes difficult for these front loaded 1 & done teams to win.

They r getting the fan fare, and hype around their school b/c of paying to play, but no chips around it.

Got it. You think "chips" are the only things that matter, for some reason. Obviously, that's not the case. And you also fail to recognize the randomness it takes to win a "chip".

Got it. You think "chips" are the only things that matter, for some reason. Obviously, that's not the case. And you also fail to recognize the randomness it takes to win a "chip".

Bro, CHIPS ONLY MATTER! Lol.

Y u think we be complaining! Lol!!

Advertisement
Back