Rise of the Super Teams

Primarily kids want to start as freshmen thinking they are NFL talent and college is the minor league.

Advertisement
IMO the rise of the super team culture the last 10 years has permeated college football. We see Kentucky and Duke sign most of the top talent across the nation year in and out. We saw LeBron leave home to come to Miami. Durant join an already championship team in Golden State. Baga go anywhere and get that states top talent, top class every year for 15 years. Gentlemen, the old adage of being dedicated your hood, state or country is long gone and replaced by instant gratification and who gives me my best chance for victory and show me the $$$. ****, we see it from the president! To QB traveling all the way from Cali to go to Clemson. To all the SOFL talent leaving for years to less desirable locations. To Donell Harris telling us thanks, but wherever I go they have proven to me that I can win a natty and get paid asap. The only thing left that is loyal, is your dog. Of course there are exceptions, but the new era of sports and the modern athlete is less about character and loyalty and more about $$$ and self promotion.
And the world will continue to turn

Nahh, 87 Canes.
ag.png

I don't know if the 87 and the 01 teams were on either sides, if one would be heavier.

It showed years ago after LeBron picked Miami and every kid using his "I will be taking my talents to school X". Now everyone wants to front run like him.

Advertisement
Football is looked at as a business from a very young age down here. Kids want to be associated with winning programs. And dogs want to be around other dogs. They're making "business decisions" as early as optimist ball.

How do you differentiate between a kid who's a front-runner and a kid who wants to be play with other dogs?

I've always coached at schools that got poached. This is the first time in my career that I've coached at a school that actually receives incoming transfers. So far none of these kids have given me a front-runner vibe. They come in here and work their a$$es off. And ultimately they want to be around other dogs because the players at their former schools weren't on their level mentally or physically.

I had a very similar experience in high school and I should have transferred when I had the chance. Being around kids who had no future in football made me complacent. Being around other elite athletes makes you "level-up" your game

You’re not old-fashioned ‘bout loyalty, you’re old-fashioned ‘bout stupidity.

We? You’re stupid enough to tell yourself this nonsense. You don’t want nothing to do with these kids and if memory serves…you live nowhere near SFL currently. So where’s the we come from? SFL don’t care nothing about these kids or their community until it wants something. Newsflash: the kids know that.
And northern fl, Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia and other states do? Asking for a friend.

Advertisement
I dont blame these kids from wanting to benefit from their own talent as much as everyone else is. Winners want to win! We have to start winning!!

5 years ago Clemson would come to SFLA and walk away with a recruit or two. Big name guys but nothing like they are doing today. A NC changes alot! (I know they got BAG$ but they always had BAG$. The recruiting results they have now are just plain silly)

I dont blame these kids from wanting to benefit from their own talent as much as everyone else is. Winners want to win! We have to start winning!!

5 years ago Clemson would come to SFLA and walk away with a recruit or two. Big name guys but nothing like they are doing today. A NC changes alot! (I know they got BAG$ but they always had BAG$. The recruiting results they have now are just plain silly)

You’re right.

We should just fold the program.

Advertisement
I tend to be pro player, and pro movement. I don't blame kids for wanting to play somewhere where they can get paid and have a legit shot at a title. The problem is that the playing field is tilted in college athletics. If you are in a small town, where you own the media and are protected by your conference, you can cheat with impunity with no consequences. For schools like Miami, even if the boosters could afford to give like that, they wouldn't, due to the certainty of discovery and the NCAA throwing the book at us. This is why I feel that having student-athletes get paid a legitimate salary would benefit Miami. We may not pay as much as Alabama, but we could offer something above the table, and then sell living in Miami as a benefit.
Sorry. But it wouldn't make a difference. Cheaters are always going to cheat. They'll just offer kids bag money in addition to whatever legit money they get. Things won't change until schools start getting prosecuted. I really hope the FBI starts a probe into college football.

Fair enough, but after my initial post I got to thinking that OGH’s perspective was solely based on guys that were to become NFL greats and if that were the case then one would have to make a case for the 00 canes.
Isn't it great that we can debate about our great teams knowing that for almost two decades we were unstoppable. Canes defenses stand out imo and the 86/87 squad was special. Loved Clark, Stubbs and Mark. Penn St. was not better... Paterno outcoached JJ and swag bit us in tha ***.

Advertisement
Have a good day

My thinking was that doing your thing because you’re a front runner is one thing, but making a decision that’s “best for you” based on the illegal acceptance of cash and gifts is a whole thing that can be argued against on moral and ethical grounds. Because of course, there are normally no real world consequences.

But you seem emotional and out of sorts, so please have a nice day otherwise.

Advertisement
Back