Rique (is poised and here's a video to show it)

Advertisement
For him to have that type of body a lil thick.......pause........he moves really well real real well. Kid is a gamer and a talent.....not on some Patrick Peterson level but 1st round type. Once he gets rolling into better shape with spring he will be fine. Maybe thats his body type, **** I remember Sean Taylor wasnt super cut up but would move well and destroy dudes. U dont have to be super fuqin cut up to be a super talent.

He showed up close to the 220’s but will be in the 208-210 range by kickoff, it’s also an old video. He’s quite ripped these days
Ok makes sense. That explains the apparent UGA shorts he has on too.

Advertisement
Looks bad body to me
Fly Wtf GIF

Why did it take hiring Robinson for Diaz to employ bump-and-run?
I've heard Patke receive credit for implementing the striker position.
Jess Simpson is supposedly going to correct poor technique and gap integrity.

What would you say ya do here, Manny?
Sometimes a good leader delegates to capable members of his team. Not saying Cpt. Croqueta is doing this but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...

Sometimes a good leader delegates to capable members of his team. Not saying Cpt. Croqueta is doing this but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...
It just seems like he's a bit reactive when it comes to XOs and philosophy. Most Neanderthal football coaches are like that though. Its their way or the Long Island Expressway. Manual's thrived in acquiring talent and pioneered pillaging the transfer portal. Overall he's carved out a niche as that transfer portal/turnover chain guy, and he's assembled a nice little staff. I'm not sure he's anything but an average mind when it comes to XOs, but maybe he doesn't need to be when it comes to defense now that he has help. I do worry about his ability to be everywhere at once on gamedays. He already looks flustered, sweaty and greasy on the sideline and he's putting a lot of pressure on himself.

Advertisement

Hire them

Manny already planned on multiple adjustments after last year , I posted more man as being one. It was just as much him searching out one of the best man db coaches in cfb as hiring a great recruiter. The running zone, bailing out or giving big cushions wasn’t working. As well as other areas.

We had a cream puff schedule & imo backpedaled into some W’s that could’ve easily been L’s.

The 2020 Miami Hurricanes football team did not know how to finish the fight in my opinion.

Scrappy, yes for the most part yes. Closers ( much less dominant ), no not to my definition. A W is a W & 8-3 with a cream puff special of a schedule is where we are as a program until proven otherwise.

We have the talent to do damage in 2021. Hoping we live up to our potential.
We do have talent but in 2021 there will be more college talent on the field than ever before. Lots of talk about all the starters we return but there are plenty of teams returning more starters than ever before. Take OL for example where Virginia returns every OL starter and yet they are ranked near the bottom of ACC OL where they would typically be ranked near the top just for returning all 5 guys.

Advertisement
I noticed early in Manny's tenure as DC that he was usually pretty good when it came to making half-time adjustments. Still, I'd prefer not to wait until a team is up 21-0 before deciding to switch to more man coverage like they did in the bowl game. Although Baker was essentially running Manny's scheme, there was a significant difference in how the game was called. Especially lesser reliance on blitzing and a lot more zone coverage. I wish I could find the post but I believe @OrangeBowlMagic shared a chart with specific numbers on percentages of plays where Miami blitzed and percentage of plays using man coverage vs zone and the differences between Miami 2015-2018 and 2019-2020 were significant.
Shoop will help with that

He showed up close to the 220’s but will be in the 208-210 range by kickoff, it’s also an old video. He’s quite ripped these days

conversely, Isaiah dunson needs to get into the weight room.

Advertisement
Manny already planned on multiple adjustments after last year , I posted more man as being one. It was just as much him searching out one of the best man db coaches in cfb as hiring a great recruiter. The running zone, bailing out or giving big cushions wasn’t working. As well as other areas.
From Cribby's mouth to Manny's ears. Since u been on point and it makes sense I hope my other though is untrue. I always thought it would be the same scheme but u been consistent that it won't be...so I'm going in confident we change based on what your saying. Cause my fear was it was Manny running the defense the whole time or he would just take over the same playbook.

We had a cream puff schedule & imo backpedaled into some W’s that could’ve easily been L’s.

The 2020 Miami Hurricanes football team did not know how to finish the fight in my opinion.

Scrappy, yes for the most part yes. Closers ( much less dominant ), no not to my definition. A W is a W & 8-3 with a cream puff special of a schedule is where we are as a program until proven otherwise.

We have the talent to do damage in 2021. Hoping we live up to our potential.
We do have talent but in 2021 there will be more college talent on the field than ever before for every team. Lots of talk about all the starters we return but there are plenty of teams returning more starters than ever before. Take OL for example where Virginia returns every OL starter and yet they are ranked near the bottom of ACC at OL where they would typically be ranked near the top just for returning all 5 guys.

Advertisement
Back