Rique (is poised and here's a video to show it)

Some of the best cbs to ever play were over 200lbs.. He’s listed at 214lbs on our website and has the talent to be an impact player at the cb position with that size in college. But to be honest it looks like he would benefit by getting down to around the 205-208 range especially if he wants to play cb In the NFL.

My comment on his size wasn't anything negative. Elite CB's has come in all sizes at this point. I was just trying to point out the fact that he IS definitely a big corner. Most P5 dudes are around 185-195. Our "skinny high school sized CB's" are all the size you want them to be minus Te'Cory Couch...and he doesn't seem to be hampered much by it himself.

Advertisement
Yep. I can’t think of a comparable CB frame in NFL or CFB history. He’s just built differently than anyone I’
You must be young. Ronnie Lott was over 220 for many years and was an all pro and Hall of Fame. I remember Jason Seahorn was a CB for the Giants for many years and was over 215 and after he had knee surgery he came back at 225 with riped musles from head to toe and still started as a CB until he was moved to safety. There was also an all pro and Hall of Famer with the Raiders frpm the late 60s and 70s that was over 215 as well, forgoy his name. Thus there are quite a few but not many over 215 that were quality CBs in the NFL

Advertisement
You must be young. Ronnie Lott was over 220 for many years and was an all pro and Hall of Fame. I remember Jason Seahorn was a CB for the Giants for many years and was over 215 and after he had knee surgery he came back at 225 with riped musles from head to toe and still started as a CB until he was moved to safety. There was also an all pro and Hall of Famer with the Raiders frpm the late 60s and 70s that was over 215 as well, forgoy his name. Thus there are quite a few but not many over 215 that were quality CBs in the NFL
Yep. I can’t think of a comparable CB frame in NFL or CFB history. He’s just built differently than anyone I’ve seen.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.51.08 PM (2).png

I see a little Ronnie Lott, who played for my then-favorite Trojans before Ky-boy Howard turned me into a ‘Canes fan at age 12. I’m not just referring to his weight. What catches my eye now (the same thing I noted when he was at UGA) is his composition doesn’t look like modern CBs. Perhaps he will lean out in the next five weeks, but I doubt it. He just looks different than modern CBs. That’s all I’m saying. If he covers cats, I don’t care if he looks like Jared Lorenzen.

Advertisement
Lott wasn't 220 when he played CB (which was only 4yrs at 205lbs - 1981-85) before switching to Safety in 86, and gaining almost 20lbs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stevenson will slim down over fall practice (just like everyone, because its normal). Wouldnt be surprised if he played around the 200 lbs mark, maybe 208-210 as the high point.

I doubt Rique runs a 4.3
I think his athletic numbers on a consistent level were 4.45 in the 40 and a 39 VJ. His max numbers probably slightly better..Which at 210 is freak level for a CB especially with his strength numbers.

I too was a little taken aback by his physique in that video. But If he can cover Bama WRs in 32 days like a blanket (especially Metchie) he will have no issues in the ACC and that’s all I care about.

I see why T-Rob is recruiting 4 CBs this cycle because I think he is already counting on TS and Ivey being outta here after this season. They both look like NFL corners right now physically.

Advertisement
My comment on his size wasn't anything negative. Elite CB's has come in all sizes at this point. I was just trying to point out the fact that he IS definitely a big corner. Most P5 dudes are around 185-195. Our "skinny high school sized CB's" are all the size you want them to be minus Te'Cory Couch...and he doesn't seem to be hampered much by it himself.
Yeah I didn’t get the “skinny high school” comment either Blades and Ivey are both pretty solidly built guys. Couch is small but he’s a slot guy.

Stevenson had gotten so big at Georgia because they wanted to use him as a safety/striker type. Which is ridiculous because you don’t take a corner with man to man skills like that and make him a linebacker. Even if he has the size to make the transition.

Advertisement
Back