Rique (is poised and here's a video to show it)

Advertisement
Relax, women. He'll lean out when camp starts. Kirby did him a disservice by making him a LB and gain weight.

If he's not playing press coverage 90% of the time, it's because of Manny and his head-scratching schemes.

Advertisement
Looks fine to me. Trob playing bump probably 75% of the time. Him and Ivey are big long corners i think they will excel in being aloud to get their hands on receivers for a change

We dominated nearly all of our 4th quarters last year
Just for the **** of it, I looked up the numbers and Miami did outscore opponents 88-65 in the fourth quarter. The numbers would be even more lopsided if not for the ridiculously terrible North Carolina game where the Tarheels poured it on in the 4th 21-8.

More interesting though, was the defense was generally really good in the 4th despite being a pretty mediocre unit overall. Only 3 opponents scored more than a touchdown in the fourth. Louisville scored 14 against the second team defense, the aforementioned UNC game and Oklahoma State got 13 in the bowl. 4th quarter points by the rest of the opponents UAB-0, FSU-0, Clemson-7, Pitt-0, Virginia-7, NCSU-3, VT-0, Duke-0. What were they doing differently in the 4th quarter of games that they weren't doing otherwise?

Advertisement
Just for the **** of it, I looked up the numbers and Miami did outscore opponents 88-65 in the fourth quarter. The numbers would be even more lopsided if not for the ridiculously terrible North Carolina game where the Tarheels poured it on in the 4th 21-8.

More interesting though, was the defense was generally really good in the 4th despite being a pretty mediocre unit overall. Only 3 opponents scored more than a touchdown in the fourth. Louisville scored 14 against the second team defense, the aforementioned UNC game and Oklahoma State got 13 in the bowl. 4th quarter points by the rest of the opponents UAB-0, FSU-0, Clemson-7, Pitt-0, Virginia-7, NCSU-3, VT-0, Duke-0. What were they doing differently in the 4th quarter of games that they weren't doing otherwise?
It always seemed like it took Baker some time to figure teams out. But when he did, it was lights out. (Obviously except for the UNC game) Unfortuately for Baker, you cant spot a team points week after week and then pray you can make a comeback when you finally got your D to lock things down and that was to his demise.

Manny has those same traits but Manny only needs a quarter (and sometimes a half) to figure you out and his D normally is lockdown from there. (for the most part. Obviously there are outlier games) I remember Randy Shannon had moments like that as well when he was our DC. You could always depend on halftime adjustments from him. Manny seems to have mastered that as well over his tenure as our DC.

If we can just keep Bama within reach going into the half (21-13 or something like that), I like our chances to keep it close throughout.

Why did it take hiring Robinson for Diaz to employ bump-and-run?
I've heard Patke receive credit for implementing the striker position.
Jess Simpson is supposedly going to correct poor technique and gap integrity.

What would you say ya do here, Manny?

Why did it take hiring Robinson for Diaz to employ bump-and-run?
I've heard Patke receive credit for implementing the striker position.
Jess Simpson is supposedly going to correct poor technique and gap integrity.

What would you say ya do here, Manny?
Nothing at all, it has been well established what a **** coach he is. He does nothing, just smile like the politicians son that he is, receiving coffee from the clown Blake James every morning, whilst putting his feet on Julio Frenks table saying how the football program clearly doesnt receive funds from the University.

There might be some very small hints of sarcasm in this thread, they could potentially jump out to you like the Gifs from Paranos. Just dont get hit by them.

It always seemed like it took Baker some time to figure teams out. But when he did, it was lights out. (Obviously except for the UNC game) Unfortuately for Baker, you cant spot a team points week after week and then pray you can make a comeback when you finally got your D to lock things down and that was to his demise.

Manny has those same traits but Manny only needs a quarter (and sometimes a half) to figure you out and his D normally is lockdown from there. (for the most part. Obviously there are outlier games) I remember Randy Shannon had moments like that as well when he was our DC. You could always depend on halftime adjustments from him. Manny seems to have mastered that as well over his tenure as our DC.

If we can just keep Bama within reach going into the half (21-13 or something like that), I like our chances to keep it close throughout.
I noticed early in Manny's tenure as DC that he was usually pretty good when it came to making half-time adjustments. Still, I'd prefer not to wait until a team is up 21-0 before deciding to switch to more man coverage like they did in the bowl game. Although Baker was essentially running Manny's scheme, there was a significant difference in how the game was called. Especially lesser reliance on blitzing and a lot more zone coverage. I wish I could find the post but I believe @OrangeBowlMagic shared a chart with specific numbers on percentages of plays where Miami blitzed and percentage of plays using man coverage vs zone and the differences between Miami 2015-2018 and 2019-2020 were significant.

Advertisement
We dominated nearly all of our 4th quarters last year

We had a cream puff schedule & imo backpedaled into some W’s that could’ve easily been L’s.

The 2020 Miami Hurricanes football team did not know how to finish the fight in my opinion.

Scrappy, yes for the most part yes. Closers ( much less dominant ), no not to my definition. A W is a W & 8-3 with a cream puff special of a schedule is where we are as a program until proven otherwise.

We have the talent to do damage in 2021. Hoping we live up to our potential.

Advertisement
We had a cream puff schedule & imo backpedaled into some W’s that could’ve easily been L’s.

The 2020 Miami Hurricanes football team did not know how to finish the fight in my opinion.

Scrappy, yes for the most part yes. Closers ( much less dominant ), no not to my definition. A W is a W & 8-3 with a cream puff special of a schedule is where we are as a program until proven otherwise.

We have the talent to do damage in 2021. Hoping we live up to our potential.

Your assessment is complete nonsense. Our schedule was as difficult as 90% of the P5. Outside of a few SEC teams who’s playing this murders row of games?

And as far as backing into wins, what games were those exactly?

I noticed early in Manny's tenure as DC that he was usually pretty good when it came to making half-time adjustments. Still, I'd prefer not to wait until a team is up 21-0 before deciding to switch to more man coverage like they did in the bowl game. Although Baker was essentially running Manny's scheme, there was a significant difference in how the game was called. Especially lesser reliance on blitzing and a lot more zone coverage. I wish I could find the post but I believe @OrangeBowlMagic shared a chart with specific numbers on percentages of plays where Miami blitzed and percentage of plays using man coverage vs zone and the differences between Miami 2015-2018 and 2019-2020 were significant.
I’ve been meaning to say it before, but it’s one of my biggest issues with Manny’s defense and it’s that: he is very good at preparing for what a team ‘has’ done, but not good at preparing for what a team ‘will’ do. Go back and listen to his presser after games where teams jumped out early on his D. A common phrase, “they did some things we hadn’t seen before or that they hadn’t shown on tape.” Once the OC settles back into their comfort zone and their typical play calling, Manny shuts them down. Then, in the second half when they go back to things they set up early in the game, they’re usually able to hit a big play or two when they anticipate Manny’s adjustment.

I’m hoping that having someone like Shoop as an analyst and Trob as a former DC, will help them prepare better for those little wrinkles teams try to throw in that are specifically for Manny’s D. Stop being flat footed at the start and getting caught off guard by teams trying to take advantage of certain formations and situations.

Your assessment is complete nonsense. Our schedule was as difficult as 90% of the P5. Outside of a few SEC teams who’s playing these tough schedules?

And as far as backing into wins, what games were those exactly?
Fair. You are entitled to believe that we were a dominant 4th quarter team.

aside from the obvious
( 3 putrid loses. 2 being legit Tea Baggings )

UVA - NC St - VaTech

could’ve swung the other way if those teams were better coached, & had more tape on Lashlee’s offensive design at Miami.

5-6 Miami & we’re having a different conversation obviously.

I want to believe. I need to believe. We open camp in 72. I want a dominant & well coached Miami Hurricane team week in and week out.

I’m going to follow your assertion & suspend my disbelief. Fan things.

thank you Go Canes

Hope springs eternal. Let’s be dominant again.

Advertisement
Back