RIP- Tim McCarver

Advertisement
Advertisement
That whole Grime/McCarver episode seriously triggers some sort of PTSD for me.

Imagine being a young kid that was a giant Canes fan and hated Sanders but also being a giant Pittsburgh Pirates fan in 1992 too. The way THAT NLCS ended and then to have THAT clown celebrating THAT way..... for the effing Braves and cot**** Ted Turner and Hanoi Jane Fonda...... as you're about to cry yourself to sleep.... because Barry Bonds refused to listen to Andy Van Slyke and move in on Francisco Cabrera.....excuse me....time to go back to therapy.

RIP McCarver.

That whole Grime/McCarver episode seriously triggers some sort of PTSD for me.

Imagine being a young kid that was a giant Canes fan and hated Sanders but also being a giant Pittsburgh Pirates fan in 1992 too. The way THAT NLCS ended and then to have THAT clown celebrating THAT way..... for the effing Braves and cot**** Ted Turner and Hanoi Jane Fonda...... as you're about to cry yourself to sleep.... because Barry Bonds refused to listen to Andy Van Slyke and move in on Francisco Cabrera.....excuse me....time to go back to therapy.

RIP McCarver.
I am all those things as well. Canes fan, Sanders hater and Pirates fan. 1992 was devastating as that was really the last chance the Pirates will have in my lifetime of being relevant. For as great as Bonds was, to not have the arm to throw out Sid Bream (former Pirate) is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am all those things as well. Canes fan, Sanders hater and Pirates fan. 1992 was devastating as that was really the last chance the Pirates will have in my lifetime of being relevant. Fro as great as Bones was, to not have the arm to throw out Sid Bream (former Pirate) is embarrassing.

Wow. Glad to know at least someone else felt similar angst. The Bream angle was just extra nauseating. A lot of people in Western PA later embraced him as he made his home there. Not me. That goofy sumbich ruined a decent part of my childhood. Same way it made it easy for me to hate noodle-arm Bonds after that too. Despising Deion was always a given. Hopefully McCarver haunts his ***.

Advertisement
I am all those things as well. Canes fan, Sanders hater and Pirates fan. 1992 was devastating as that was really the last chance the Pirates will have in my lifetime of being relevant. Fro as great as Bones was, to not have the arm to throw out Sid Bream (former Pirate) is embarrassing.
not to mention that Van Slyke told Bonds to move in and Bonds refused.

Nothing could put me to sleep on a Saturday afternoon quite like Tim or Joe Buck announcing a Cardinals game on Fox.

Advertisement
Wonder if Deion shows that clip on the recruiting trail? McCarver was always a cool guy & total class. Deion has always been me-first and a phony self-creation.

Advertisement
Back