Rip Kobe Bryant

Advertisement
They took off from the OC (SE of LA) and the crash happened near Calabasas (NW of LA). Not sure if the weather changed, or perhaps the pilot was not aware of the fog near the destination.
Agreed. Weather changes all the time and this was a brief flight. The pilot sounds like a total amateur for not figuring out how to safely land once it was clear he circled around for 15 minutes. And how the **** was he so oblivious to both elevation and speed?

I was driving and they confirmed it on the radio. It’s just terrible when anything bad happens to children. I can’t imagine the last moments that were shared between Kobe and his daughter

Same here! I've been thinking about the last seconds all day. Now its 9 people and 3 were children

Advertisement
Not gonna deny that I’m wired a bit differently from most weepy-eyed ***** out there. But Serial killers enjoy death. I’m just indifferent to it.

Besides, I hate suffering. I have great sympathy for people who are genuinely struggling or hurting in some way. Once you’re dead, though, all suffering is gone. There is really no reason to mourn.

Ever been suicidal, depressed or diagnosed with clinical depression? Not trying to be funny or an @ss, but your message is similar to words I’ve heard conveyed by two friends that committed suicide, another that attempted it, and a few others that are clinically depressed. Some had difficult childhoods and others were just wired that way.

Your tone and the way you express yourself is **** near EXACTLY to the way I’ve heard these guys expressed themselves for years and years.

Last edited:
I didn’t need to post. Maybe I should have just kept my thoughts to myself. I just think people are being ridiculous.

I don’t like that we live in a society that glorifies athletes, actors, and musicians.

Maybe I am being callous. I just wish people would spend as much time remembering and honoring the soldiers, police officers, fire fighters, doctors, teachers, nurses, etc who die every day around the world without so much as a headline.

But because this guy played basketball, his life is somehow worth more to the Americsn public than the countless faceless soldiers snd servicemen who have died keeping them safe.

Our celebrity culture is disgusting to me.

We live in Panem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This situation has me emotionally tornup too. I always respected Kobe for his will to win, but really didn’t pay much attention to him since his playing days. My chick was watching some horse movie today and the long shot horse won and I started tearing up???

Advertisement
Why did you even use this to respond to me, it just proves my point even more about you. Kobe was a role model because of his worth ethic and his strive for excellence. Whether you ******* play basketball or sit behind a desk you should strive for excellence and not be content with mediocrity. The Mamba mentality can be applied to almost all aspects of life. It's crazy how you couldn't even come to this conclusion.

Like this man really assume that people looked to Kobe as a moral compass.

You calling him "Kobe" like you're on a first name basis is sad. The dude never even heard of you, probably wouldn't even spit in your direction, but he's such a big part of your life. Sad.

A basketball player should not be a role model for young people, period. No entertainer should. I don't care if he's a hard-working basketball player.

You go to a high school in an upper-class part of the country and ask kids what they want to be, they'll tell you "doctor" or "lawyer" or some **** like that. You go to a high school in a poor neighborhood and ask the kids what they want to be, maybe 1/10 will say "doctor" or "lawyer" and the rest will say some kind of athlete or rapper.

And then they'll grow up to become nothing, to where guys like Kobe Bryant wouldn't even spit in their direction if he passed by. They'll just be broke-*** 30 year old grown *** men still wearing sports jerseys, making $15 an hour and living with their mothers.

If my kid wanted to idolize an athlete, he's getting the belt.

One day, Jane Fonda will die surrounded by family and loved ones in a warm bed, well in to her 90's. CNN and Fox News will cover the story. Well-wishers will come out in droves to support her on twitter and elsewhere.

Meanwhile, so many young men she trashed died young, alone, and forgotten in Vietnam. Nobody will ever remember their names.

That's the culture I can't stand.
I hate that ***** as my step dad was a medic in the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam. That's another reason I can't stand Shalala, she said "we didn't send our best and brightest to Vietnam." They are POS of the highest order.
However, what you don't understand is that they are famous, no matter the reason. Everyone knows who they are and in today's world, where every single person has a phone, they will all instantly alert with the news. It's not that people don't care but they just don't know. You're phone is not going to alert and maybe a local news channel will quickly say someone in the area died and people will quickly feel bad and move on.

You calling him "Kobe" like you're on a first name basis is sad. The dude never even heard of you, probably wouldn't even spit in your direction, but he's such a big part of your life. Sad.

A basketball player should not be a role model for young people, period. No entertainer should. I don't care if he's a hard-working basketball player.

You go to a high school in an upper-class part of the country and ask kids what they want to be, they'll tell you "doctor" or "lawyer" or some **** like that. You go to a high school in a poor neighborhood and ask the kids what they want to be, maybe 1/10 will say "doctor" or "lawyer" and the rest will say some kind of athlete or rapper.

And then they'll grow up to become nothing, to where guys like Kobe Bryant wouldn't even spit in their direction if he passed by. They'll just be broke-*** 30 year old grown *** men still wearing sports jerseys, making $15 an hour and living with their mothers.

If my kid wanted to idolize an athlete, he's getting the belt.
I can assure not one single soul will mourn your death. As a matter of fact I’d bet quite a few people are looking forward to that day.

Advertisement
Back