RIP Don Shula

As the Orange Stadium Manager, my father got to know Coach Shula pretty well from the time Coach arrived in Miami in 1970 until my father was forced to retire in 1979.
The main thing that stood out to my Dad was how down to earth Coach was. He said hello to and acknowledged everyone from the janitor to the suits.
RIP Coach. There will never be another like you.

Advertisement
Heaven just got better

RIP coach! Thanks for the memories
Don was very religious man. He was frequently at daily Mass back in early 70's. Saw him many times and there and practices at Biscayne College. His first year or two you actually stand on sideline or sit in the bleachers. Requiescat in Pace, Don. You gave us the greatest years.

Yo
As the Orange Stadium Manager, my father got to know Coach Shula pretty well from the time Coach arrived in Miami in 1970 until my father was forced to retire in 1979.
The main thing that stood out to my Dad was how down to earth Coach was. He said hello to and acknowledged everyone from the janitor to the suits.
RIP Coach. There will never be another like you.
Your dad spoke truth. Shoes was every bit as described. That said, his players were scared of him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back