RIP AKIEEM JOLLA

Maskoff407

Recruit
A friend of mine, and HS class mate of Akieem, just informed me that Jolla was stabbed to death in New Orleans. Sad to hear anyone go out like that. I wasn’t aware that Jolla didn’t finish out his career at Miami, but I remember thinking he was certainly a promising and talented kid. Now, I hope they catch the ****** who did it to him and may his family make it through these dark days.

Advertisement
A friend of mine, and HS class mate of Akieem, just informed that Jolla was stabbed to hear death in New Orleans. Sad to anyone go out like that. I wasn’t aware that Jolla didn’t finish out his career at Miami, but I remember thinking he was certainly a promising and talented kid. Now, I hope they catch the ****** who did it to him and may his family make it through these dark days.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Terrible. I was in New Orleans for work when he was on the team. I was making small talk with a bellman at the hotel and asked him if the Saints won. He said he didn't know, but his team was the Miami Hurricanes and they won yesterday. I told him I was a die hard and he proudly said that his son, Akieem Jolla, played. I said, of course, #80. At that point we spoke for like a half hour to the point. Sad as **** about Akieem. I can still remember how proud his dad was that he was a Cane.

Terrible. I was in New Orleans for work when he was on the team. I was making small talk with a bellman at the hotel and asked him if the Saints won. He said he didn't know, but his team was the Miami Hurricanes and they won yesterday. I told him I was a die hard and he proudly said that his son, Akieem Jolla, played. I said, of course, #80. At that point we spoke for like a half hour to the point. Sad as **** about Akieem. I can still remember how proud his dad was that he was a Cane.
Funny you say that. I went to Tulane and had a real estate project where I had to go to city hall to get some records. The line was FOREVER, even by New Orleans’s standards. I went to ask the lady at the desk for a timing update and saw she had pictures of Jolla in his Canes uniform on her desk. I asked if they were related and she said I’m his mom. Chatted with her for a few minutes about the Canes, she asked for the property address, and came back out 10 minutes later with everything I needed.

RIP to Aikeem, and may his parents find peace in this incredibly difficult time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back