Ring of Honor Members---So many missing

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
These are the current members of Ring of Honor, there are so so so many Canes missing.

1997 inductees: Jim Dooley, Ted Hendricks, George Mira and Vinny Testaverde.
1999 inductees: Ottis Anderson, Don Bosseler, Bernie Kosar and Burgess Owens.
2008 inductees: Edgerrin James, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto and Gino Torretta.
2009 inductees: Bennie Blades, Eddie Dunn and Steve Walsh.
2014 inductees: Jerome Brown and Russell Maryland.
2017 inductees: Sean Taylor, Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed.

Say the next group is inducted in 2021: Who do we add? I start with the 2001 championship team (20 year anniversary at that point): Dorsey, Vilma, Gore, Rolle, Johnson, Portis and or McGahee. There are MANY worth the honor left!!!!

We need 3 rings around the stadium to provide our legacy the proper honor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't understand how ou could have Burgess Owens without including his teammate Chuck Forman. Also from the fourties Whitey Campbell. He was mister everything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These are the current members of Ring of Honor, there are so so so many Canes missing.

2008 inductees: Edgerrin James, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto and Gino Torretta.

Say the next group is inducted in 2021: Who do we add? I start with the 2001 championship team (20 year anniversary at that point): Dorsey, Vilma, Gore, Rolle, Johnson, Portis and or McGahee. There are MANY worth the honor left!!!!

Dan Morgan first and foremost. People forget how good he was. Then I'd say Dorsey, Vilma, Andre Johnson, and Mckinnie for this next batch.

Advertisement
I don't understand having Warren Sapp in there and was disappointed at seeing him added Saturday. Sure he was a great college and pro player. He also has been an embarrassment to the University on several occasions. He was the worst example of a "student" athlete -- I had a class with him that he rarely showed for and doubt his academic eligibility was above board. He is also by most accounts a jerk in person and hasn't financially supported the U in any way.

Remember the failed drug tests that Dennis the Drunk conveniently hid in his drawer, you know before we went on probation the first time? How about this? Warren Sapp, model citizen. And which room or feature in the Athletic Dept. is named after Warren for his generous donation?

**** that guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand having Warren Sapp in there and was disappointed at seeing him added Saturday. Sure he was a great college and pro player. He also has been an embarrassment to the University on several occasions. He was the worst example of a "student" athlete -- I had a class with him that he rarely showed for and doubt his academic eligibility was above board. He is also by most accounts a jerk in person and hasn't financially supported the U in any way.

Remember the failed drug tests that Dennis the Drunk conveniently hid in his drawer, you know before we went on probation the first time? How about this? Warren Sapp, model citizen. And which room or feature in the Athletic Dept. is named after Warren for his generous donation?

**** that guy

I went to the lunch awards ceremony, and he was the only one who was very unfriendly.

Lewis, Irvin and Sapp all got into major trouble off the field after their days at Miami. However, Lewis and Irvin are good dudes and I understand Sapp is a total jerk.

Advertisement
Lewis, Irvin and Sapp all got into major trouble off the field after their days at Miami. However, Lewis and Irvin are good dudes and I understand Sapp is a total jerk.

Exactly. And its understandable young guys thrust into fame and fortune make mistakes. But Ray and Mike cleaned it up and are respectable adults now - Sapp not so much.

Maybe I'll start a change.org petition to REMOVE WARREN SAPP from the Ring of Honor. When you think about the limited space up there and the many great names listed on this thread and more that we've forgotten, someone else deserves that spot.

Its not an award for NFL success. Not sure Gore makes sense, no disrespect to him, his UM career was hurt by injuries.

Barrow and Dan Morgan should be considered, IMO. And Reggie Wayne. Maybe also Darryl Williams and Leon Searcy.

If it were purely on cfb play, McKinnie would deserve consideration. He probably does.

Advertisement
Back