Ring of Honor Members---So many missing

Advertisement
I don't understand having Warren Sapp in there and was disappointed at seeing him added Saturday. Sure he was a great college and pro player. He also has been an embarrassment to the University on several occasions. He was the worst example of a "student" athlete -- I had a class with him that he rarely showed for and doubt his academic eligibility was above board. He is also by most accounts a jerk in person and hasn't financially supported the U in any way.

Remember the failed drug tests that Dennis the Drunk conveniently hid in his drawer, you know before we went on probation the first time? How about this? Warren Sapp, model citizen. And which room or feature in the Athletic Dept. is named after Warren for his generous donation?

**** that guy

I went to the lunch awards ceremony, and he was the only one who was very unfriendly.

So some things never change, huh?

These are the current members of Ring of Honor, there are so so so many Canes missing.

1997 inductees: Jim Dooley, Ted Hendricks, George Mira and Vinny Testaverde.
1999 inductees: Ottis Anderson, Don Bosseler, Bernie Kosar and Burgess Owens.
2008 inductees: Edgerrin James, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto and Gino Torretta.
2009 inductees: Bennie Blades, Eddie Dunn and Steve Walsh.
2014 inductees: Jerome Brown and Russell Maryland.
2017 inductees: Sean Taylor, Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed.

Say the next group is inducted in 2021: Who do we add? I start with the 2001 championship team (20 year anniversary at that point): Dorsey, Vilma, Gore, Rolle, Johnson, Portis and or McGahee. There are MANY worth the honor left!!!!

We need 3 rings around the stadium to provide our legacy the proper honor.
Its not an award for NFL success. Not sure Gore makes sense, no disrespect to him, his UM career was hurt by injuries.

Barrow and Dan Morgan should be considered, IMO. And Reggie Wayne. Maybe also Darryl Williams and Leon Searcy.

If it were purely on cfb play, McKinnie would deserve consideration. He probably does.

I saw McKinnie after the game, seriously, he's like a tall refrigerator( and I don't mean William Perry). He is absolutely huge. Heard he's a real friendly guy

Advertisement
These are the current members of Ring of Honor, there are so so so many Canes missing.

1997 inductees: Jim Dooley, Ted Hendricks, George Mira and Vinny Testaverde.
1999 inductees: Ottis Anderson, Don Bosseler, Bernie Kosar and Burgess Owens.
2008 inductees: Edgerrin James, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto and Gino Torretta.
2009 inductees: Bennie Blades, Eddie Dunn and Steve Walsh.
2014 inductees: Jerome Brown and Russell Maryland.
2017 inductees: Sean Taylor, Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed.

Say the next group is inducted in 2021: Who do we add? I start with the 2001 championship team (20 year anniversary at that point): Dorsey, Vilma, Gore, Rolle, Johnson, Portis and or McGahee. There are MANY worth the honor left!!!!

We need 3 rings around the stadium to provide our legacy the proper honor.
Its not an award for NFL success. Not sure Gore makes sense, no disrespect to him, his UM career was hurt by injuries.

Barrow and Dan Morgan should be considered, IMO. And Reggie Wayne. Maybe also Darryl Williams and Leon Searcy.

If it were purely on cfb play, McKinnie would deserve consideration. He probably does.

I saw McKinnie after the game, seriously, he's like a tall refrigerator( and I don't mean William Perry). He is absolutely huge. Heard he's a real friendly guy

He is very huge and very friendly. He goes sometimes to the Canes Bball games and is very approachable.

hasn't financially supported the U

And which room or feature in the Athletic Dept. is named after Warren for his generous donation?

I am surprised Sapp got in for that reason alone. From what I have heard he hasn’t donated a penny back into the university.

I don't understand having Warren Sapp in there and was disappointed at seeing him added Saturday. Sure he was a great college and pro player. He also has been an embarrassment to the University on several occasions. He was the worst example of a "student" athlete -- I had a class with him that he rarely showed for and doubt his academic eligibility was above board. He is also by most accounts a jerk in person and hasn't financially supported the U in any way.

Remember the failed drug tests that Dennis the Drunk conveniently hid in his drawer, you know before we went on probation the first time? How about this? Warren Sapp, model citizen. And which room or feature in the Athletic Dept. is named after Warren for his generous donation?

**** that guy

He deserves to be in rather you like it on not. I'm sure if you were good enough to have every move of your life broadcast somebody could find something to rag on you about. You get to hide behind some dumb internet name. Get off your high horse Mr. perfect cause guess what? you aren't perfect.

Two pages and no one has mentioned Dan Sileo?

Howard the architect of the State of Miami and first MNC. Jimmy for making us the baddest team on the face of the earth. Look at all of the programs that tried to emulate what Jimmy did at Miami. Those two need to be front and center.

Advertisement
According to some cheerleaders on here the last 3 years: Bard Kayak.

Most passing yards all-time (More than Kosar, Testaverde, Toretta, Kelly, and Dorsey).

A top 3 NFL draft pick (Preseason ranking)

Greentree All-American (when wearing non-contact jersey)

Undefeated against Bethune, FAU, FAMU

Advertisement
Back