Rumor Riley Williams (loser gator fans think he flips)

If you're an elite TE, you can be elite anywhere. We aren't exactly pumping them out lately. At least not in the elite category.
I agree I just wish we could of used Mallory better this year. He clearly has talent but wasn't used properly this year. But I guess that can be said with most of the players this year on that side of the field.

Advertisement
I agree I just wish we could of used Mallory better this year. He clearly has talent but wasn't used properly this year. But I guess that can be said with most of the players this year on that side of the field.

We’ve actually been saying that for a cool minute about Mallory.

However, he actually had a very solid yr this season.

Advertisement
Wasn’t used properly? Solid season? Man standards have dropped soo far. Mallory was allergic to blocking…
A good OC would have used him properly. If the guy can't block don't put him in position to do that use Brantley. Granted TVD was out most the year but Mallory was by far the best receiving threat he led the team in yac as well. Everyone knew in the spring the standards weren't even close to what we were used to at Wr should of adjusted more with Mallory is all I'm saying.

We’ve actually been saying that for a cool minute about Mallory.

However, he actually had a very solid yr this season.

He had a solid season I just see duke, gt, va, mtsu, and bethune where he has 20 to 40 yard games. The talent he had not saying he is Pitts or anything but 20 to 40 yards in multiple games is sad.

Advertisement
He had a solid season I just see duke, gt, va, mtsu, and bethune where he has 20 to 40 yard games. The talent he had not saying he is Pitts or anything but 20 to 40 yards in multiple games is sad.
Well to be fair to Mallory, we had games where we only had 8 total yards in a half. Tad bit difficult to have a big number of yards in such a high octane offense

So our 5-7 record opens us up to losing a recruit because Florida's 6-6 record is so impressive?
I see you didn't read the entire post. Nowhere did it say I think he flips I said with all of those factors in play and in his ear, one could see how he might open up to the idea. Read better

A good OC would have used him properly. If the guy can't block don't put him in position to do that use Brantley. Granted TVD was out most the year but Mallory was by far the best receiving threat he led the team in yac as well. Everyone knew in the spring the standards weren't even close to what we were used to at Wr should of adjusted more with Mallory is all I'm saying.
What? So you only play Mallory on 3rd down is what you are saying? Don’t make him actually play the position. From a strategy standpoint only play him in passing plays? That’s ridiculous. Catching the ball is only part of the job of a TE.

If he doesn’t learn to block he won’t be in the NFL long.

Advertisement
Wasn’t used properly? Solid season? Man standards have dropped soo far. Mallory was allergic to blocking…

Correct; we’re talking strictly (well i am), as a pass catching TE. But bruh blew several assignments in regards to blocking & b/c of that, a lot of busted plays resulted b/c of it.

Last edited:
Hartley is a badass. I wish we would have fought to keep him, but I’m sure he would’ve ended up at UGA either way.

We couldn’t have kept him once UGA offered. His family is from there as is his wife’s I believe and they wanted to be closer to home.

Hartley will be a HC somewhere by 2025 IMO. I’m sure somewhere small first but he will get a shot.

Advertisement
What? So you only play Mallory on 3rd down is what you are saying? Don’t make him actually play the position. From a strategy standpoint only play him in passing plays? That’s ridiculous. Catching the ball is only part of the job of a TE.

If he doesn’t learn to block he won’t be in the NFL long.
I can see Mallory atleast lasting for a contract in the NFL if he goes to the right team. With that said this isn't the NFL and I care about how they do in college more so the NFL. If you know your guy is just a receiver and trash at blocking highlight his receiving ability so he gets more then 20 yards in a game. In our case for next year Washington doesn't look the best at running routes im hoping or new oc doesn't say hey sit on the sideline until you can run your routes get the man in space and get him the ball because we clearly lack explosion on this team. Put yourself in the best position to win is all I ask.

Correct; we’re talking strictly (well i am), as a pass catching TE. But bruh blew several assignments in regards to blocking & b/c of that, a lot of busted plays due to it.
Same thing I'm saying shouldn't of taken that long to figure out he couldn't block but was one of our top receiving threats.

I guess u’re misremembering last yr under Lashlee, my g.

App St (9/11/21): 3 rec 16 yrds
UVA (9/30): 1 rec 0 yrds
UNC (10/16)): 1 rec 11 yrds
GT (11/6): 3 rec 39 yrds
VT (11/20) 3 rec 27 yrds
Duke (11/27) 3 rec 34 yrds

In fact, last yr Mallory only had one game where he caught over 3 passes, & two games where he had over 40 yrds receiving. This yr he posted his first 100 yrd receiving game (2x), & had 7 games of 40+ yrds receiving.

Potential, as I’ve stated numerous of times, is one of the most dangerous words, especially in sports. Will may have the potential, but between his lack of or unwillingness to block, along w/ a very subpar career prior to 2022, he leaves a lot to be desired.

I guess u’re misremembering last yr under Lashlee, my g.

App St (9/11/21): 3 rec 16 yrds
UVA (9/30): 1 rec 0 yrds
UNC (10/16)): 1 rec 11 yrds
GT (11/6): 3 rec 39 yrds
VT (11/20) 3 rec 27 yrds
Duke (11/27) 3 rec 34 yrds

In fact, last yr Mallory only had one game where he caught over 3 passes, & two games where he had over 40 yrds receiving. This yr he posted his first 100 yrd receiving game (2x), & had 7 games of 40+ yrds receiving.

Potential, as I’ve stated numerous of times, is one of the most dangerous words, especially in sports. Will may have the potential, but between his lack of or unwillingness to block, along w/ a very subpar career prior to 2022, he leaves a lot to be desired.
I see what your saying but last year we had Rambo and harley which I would say both were better receiving threats. This year our top two was Young who it took half the year to figure out and I guess you can take your pick with Ladson or Smith for second best threat. My point is we didn't have a receiving threat. But at the same time we hardly got yards this year either so guess it's a mute point.

Advertisement
Back