Right right sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to sweat the press conference. Its theater more for James and donors.

Richt has shown he does well in living rooms where it matters.

Advertisement
That's because Richt isn't a shyster trying to act like what dopes think a HC should act like from watching movies. He is a HC.

how dare you make an office space reference in bashing our new coach.... why is this website so **** whiney, nothings good enough for you guys.

And there's no sense of humor on here either. If something isn't worded exactly right on here a bunch of people get butt hurt. I wasn't bashing him. I was trying to give a reference to how non excited or happy he seemed to be. Fire was the wrong word to use.

fair enough, I just personally was very hyped by it. it's such a sigh of relief seeing a real coach in orange and green.

U can take the guy who yells like a ****** and I'll take the guy that knows how to coach. U r the type of person that would rather look pretty and lose than win ugly by 1 point

Joe Gibbs was a soft spoken coach and did not yell at players, he seemed to have had some success.

Advertisement
Not going to sweat the press conference. Its theater more for James and donors.

Richt has shown he does well in living rooms where it matters.

Thats by far the most important. I just want us back on top where we belong and that means not watching kids turn their backs on us like Cook, Ridley, Irvin... you guys know the list. His demeanor just had me feeling like he fell asleep in Georgia and woke up in Miami.

Was he supposed to bring a foam finger and a beer hat?
You will find out what MR is about soon enough, he WILL get the best out of his team.
Proud to say Mark Richt is the head coach at Miami

Mike Leach would've brought the foam finger and beer hat.

Wouldn't have won a **** thing but it would have been epic
Haha, that dude is off a little

A little off? LOL Dude is in his own world!

Advertisement
I don't give rats *** if he's the most boring guy ever for a presser( there is a coach in New England who is pretty boring), and has a running back named Lucifer Johnson I just wanna win **** it

Was he supposed to bring a foam finger and a beer hat?
You will find out what MR is about soon enough, he WILL get the best out of his team.
Proud to say Mark Richt is the head coach at Miami

Mike Leach would've brought the foam finger and beer hat.

Wouldn't have won a **** thing but it would have been epic
Haha, that dude is off a little

A little off? LOL Dude is in his own world!

Yep, just trying to be nice I guess

Its all a matter of personality and perspectives. Richt is not some young up and coming coach at his first major gig all rah rah trying to impress the media and kids by doing the Red Bull chugger "Were going to kick *** WOOOHOO" routine.

He has a quiet confidence about him, you could probably call it SWAG. He knows he can coach. He's had success and has been doing this a long time. He's also a more soft spoken guy, he's not a Will Muschimp screaming on the sidelines and turning beet red.

You also have to remember that this is a major life change for the guy, he absolutely has to be exhausted and have 1 million and 1 things on his mind. He's just gone from a job and home of 15 years, to a radical change in a few short days. He's going to be thinking about moving his life down to So Fla. And then begin the task of evaluating the whole program, players, staff, recruiting, facilities, etc. He's got a **** of a lot on his plate, and it seems like he's more focused on getting to work on the things that need to be done to take over the program, than giving a few stupid soundbytes and sounding like a first time HC giving a rah rah speech.

I WAS very impressed on how he said this is where he plans to stay until he retires now. I respect that he says he does not and has not ever played those games of always looking for the next best gig. And granted, Im sure most coaches would say the same thing, but this guy went out of his way to stress it and make a point about it. He comes accross as that kind of guy, who is legit and has loyalty and commitment to his job and program.

To me he came across as very genuine, a laid back quiet professional that knows what he's doing, know what he needs to start working on, and as a guy of integrity with confidence in himself and his values.

Its all a matter of personality and perspectives. Richt is not some young up and coming coach at his first major gig all rah rah trying to impress the media and kids by doing the Red Bull chugger "Were going to kick *** WOOOHOO" routine.

He has a quiet confidence about him, you could probably call it SWAG. He knows he can coach. He's had success and has been doing this a long time. He's also a more soft spoken guy, he's not a Will Muschimp screaming on the sidelines and turning beet red.

You also have to remember that this is a major life change for the guy, he absolutely has to be exhausted and have 1 million and 1 things on his mind. He's just gone from a job and home of 15 years, to a radical change in a few short days. He's going to be thinking about moving his life down to So Fla. And then begin the task of evaluating the whole program, players, staff, recruiting, facilities, etc. He's got a **** of a lot on his plate, and it seems like he's more focused on getting to work on the things that need to be done to take over the program, than giving a few stupid soundbytes and sounding like a first time HC giving a rah rah speech.

I WAS very impressed on how he said this is where he plans to stay until he retires now. I respect that he says he does not and has not ever played those games of always looking for the next best gig. And granted, Im sure most coaches would say the same thing, but this guy went out of his way to stress it and make a point about it. He comes accross as that kind of guy, who is legit and has loyalty and commitment to his job and program.

To me he came across as very genuine, a laid back quiet professional that knows what he's doing, know what he needs to start working on, and as a guy of integrity with confidence in himself and his values.

I get that. I'm just not used to it coming from a guy that is a former Cane. I mean I wasn't expecting to hear Michael or Ray up there but his demeanor is a complete 180 and that really threw me. I hope that makes sense.

Advertisement
Dud wants to be lied to. Watch out for the quiet guy, sometimes people are boisterous to compensate for actual substance. We about to f' the ACC all the way up!

after the Golden charade conference, I now can appreciate sincerity, transparency, and thoughtfulness a lot more, and thats what we got today. This guy is not going to bob and weave and be defensive, manipulative, and condescending. This doesn't guarantee anything long term, but at least we got a straight shooter, and not some insecure liar like shannon and Golden

I saw multiple players tweets saying how "Fired up they were" after Mark's 8 in the morning meeting with them.... this man knows when and where you actually win games

Advertisement
I thought it was a really good presser. Just watched it all an hr ago

Cool calm and collected. Have you seen him when it matters on the sidelines. He goes nuts on refs....

That's because Richt isn't a shyster trying to act like what dopes think a HC should act like from watching movies. He is a HC.

And he still came off as the most polished guy in that room. Anyone that even remotely wants to criticize his performance today should also stop and think of who was there asking questions too. Sperman. The Feast- who actually called himself The Feast before asking his question. Susie the Cat Lady. Reynolds Wrap- who couldn't shut up about his mic not being on. It's a freak show with DBJ as the lunatic ringmaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back