Ride or die with Mario

Ride or die with Mario along with the staff he chooses, whoever that may be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I'm here for the ride but I hope one day Mario has one of those come to jesus moments like Saban and Kirby had related to offense. He's got a lot of smart people around him who will hopefully give him good advice when the time is right. Mario is a Miami guy and he has a lot of history to fall back on so hopefully the light comes on in that regard someday. It would be a shame for Mario to potentially miss on an opportunity like this.

lmfao. This porst above is brought to you by a Manny slurper.
Incomplete regarding Mario but stuck with Mandy till the end!
What? Manny got a big incomplete from me too that 1st year and I wanted Enos fired badly.
And I certainly don't want Mario fired. My only concern (that you should have been able to tell from the post) is Gattis's offensive system. I'm very happy with Steele, Mario's recruiting and the U's new commitment to the program.

But I'm thinking none of that matters to you because the real story here doesn't seem to have anything to do with me mentioning how much I'd like the kind of offense many people around here have wanted for years and still want. Would that trigger this personal resentment in you? Nah. By "slurper" and "stuck with Manny till the end" you DON'T mean that I was some staunch defender always arguing that everything was just fine, because that didn't happen and I don't even post that much. No, you only mean one thing: that your sensitive self is still chapped because a few of your assholish neverending spam-level posts got downvoted.

Advertisement
WTF...been three games..theres been clear strides structurally/culturally to what they are doing. More discipline, more on field coaches and development, better weight room functional training translating to field, clear growth in the O line room. The man hasnt even had a full recruiting cycle has HC. STFU with this nonsense.

Even with the A&M loss, they were in it. That muffed punt doesn't happen its a 10-9 game, and who knows how it plays out. Yes TVD needs to be better, obviously receiving room is light on gamers like restrepo. Defensively have been real good.

you build a program there are many moving parts. Cant just be a good game day coach. Mario absolutely is right, not to mention rallying the alumni which will pay dividends.

A serious poll question should be, who would you rather be heading into 2023: Mario or Jimbo

I voted for Mario is the guy but would like him to improve his game day coaching skills which are anemic. Certainly gives me memories of Randy. He could learn a few lessons from coach Mike McDaniel from the Dolphins. He should much more aggressive and play to win and not lose.
When Diaz was hired I said a blue blood program is no place for a coach to cut his teeth. This proved to be correct. Here are your thoughts, "like him to improve his game day coaching skills", "gives me memories of Randy.", "more aggressive and play to win ". This sounds like a coach not ready for a P5 program, or at least one serious about winning. This sounds like a mid-tier program where a coach refines his skills before going to a major program.

The expectation used to be championships, when other trophies were used as door stops. Now it is a guy that needs polish, but he is a Miami guy so it is a great story, because he just gets it. In a few years we may win the ACC and we should recruit better, but who knows as we still need to develop players and win, instead of playing to not lose.

Mario is the guy but it will take time. I never understood why people thought we were ready to compete in year 1. 8+ wins always should of been the goal then followed by 9+ next season. Mario deserves at least 3 full seasons before anyone can say he's not the guy. The fact that some fans are killing him a bust already is absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement
Mario is the guy but it will take time. I never understood why people thought we were ready to compete in year 1. 8+ wins always should of been the goal then followed by 9+ next season. Mario deserves at least 3 full seasons before anyone can say he's not the guy. The fact that some fans are killing him a bust already is absolutely ridiculous.
I agree 100% on the support. However, I believe the team will be better than 8 wins.

I'd love for someone to count the number of posts *****ing and compare it to the number of people *****ing about people *****ing.

Advertisement
It was 100% because of his story.

The 2019 original thread.

The 2020 post that reminded me to get it.
I’m Viejo sometimes I’ll repeat .

GOCANES

This pole is literally why we cant have nice things... The worst fan base on planet earth simply doesn't deserve nice things.

Advertisement
Following a suggestion from @Boarcane, here's a chance to state your position. Your vote is public, so you'd best expect to hear about it if you choose poorly.

Game 3 year 1. This board is a miserable place. GAME 3 AND FOOLS ARE WANTING TO BURN THE PROGRAM DOWN CAUSE OF 1 LOSS!

WTF kind of fanbase do we have questioning the head coach after 3 games?

Mario has already proven himself prior to becoming Miami's HC, yet some of you have doubts.

We already see an improved team. You doubters should start writing your apology letter right now.

A house full of whipped dogs and battered wives.

Depends what your definition of he's the guy is.

I'm highly doubt we ever go on a run like before. I think he makes us respectable and every three or four years can make a playoff run when the stars align.

I don't see a return to past years glory in today's landscape with us in it every year.

Advertisement
Back