Ricquan Southward changes to Ohio State

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't even care much about Southward, but it makes us look like *******. JMO.

Not winning a bowl game since 06 has made us look like *******. Losing to a 3 win BC team on national tv, makes us look like *******.

Just sayin.

Replaceable, but with that said this next 60 days is extremely important and Goldens work ethic, eye for talent, and management of the roster, numbers wise, is crucial. Hope he gets it done cause this class has to eventually be a **** good one. Both OL and DL concern me.

t didn't take too long for Lakeland high school's Ricquan Southward to have a change of heart. He was recently offered by the University of Miami and was ecstatic about that scholarship offer. On November 6th, the 6-foot-2, 210 pound receiver pulled the trigger for Miami and was ready to become a Hurricane. That all changed today.

Last week, Southward took a visit to Columbus, Ohio to take in the Ohio State - Penn State game. He was on an official visit with the Buckeyes and today, he became the newest member of the 2012 class.

"I just feel like Ohio State has more of my playing style. I feel like I will be a much better wide receiver up there instead of at Miami."

The Buckeyes newest wide receiver commit is a strong, physical athlete. His play has drawn comparisons to that of Terrell Owens.

"My main recruiting coach is Coach (Stanley) Drayton. He will be my coach up at Ohio State. Although we aren't very close right now, I believe I will look to him as a father-figure by the time I am done up there."

Southward had a good time in Columbus last weekend and although Ohio State lost, it didn't seem to hinder his feelings on the school.

"I had a great time on the trip. It was a tough loss, but the team fought hard. I really liked the school, the campus, and it has a great atmospher as a whole".

Southward is currently ranked #145 in the FlaVarsity 160, but is sure to rise on the next update. He has yet to decide if he will be taking any visits at this time.

Advertisement
Back