Rick Ross All Dade County Offensive Lineman

Moro

Thunderdome
Did you know rapper Rick Ross was an All Dade County offensive lineman at Miami Carol City High School in 1993? Back then, he went by his real name William Roberts (#61 in the picture below). Roberts went on to play college football at Albany State in Georgia. He is not be confused with another Williams Roberts, who was also an offensive lineman from Carol City and played in the NFL with the Giants and Patriots.

Pictured below is the 1993 Miami Herald All Dade County Offense: TOP ROW - (68) Robert Bhagwandat (Miami Southridge), (72) Tacarro Delancy (Miami Southridge), (61) William Roberts (Carol City) and (78) Luis Del Rio (Coral Gables). BOTTOM ROW: (1) Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell (Miami High), (6) Troy Davis (Miami Southridge) and (3) Darren Davis (Miami Southridge), and (7) Wilkie Perez (Miami High). Photo courtesy of Larry Blustein

rick ross.jpg

Advertisement
I don't know if it's the same guy, but I did a google search for "Wilkie Perez" because I thought I remembered that name for some reason. The first result was a story about an arrest for mortgage fraud. Can't really make this stuff up. #miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Davis Brothers were complete studs. All four brothers led dade county in rushing. Troy Davis was the 1st player in college to go back to back 2,000 yards seasons at Iowa State.

The Davis Brothers were complete studs. All four brothers led dade county in rushing. Troy Davis was the 1st player in college to go back to back 2,000 yards seasons at Iowa State.

Davis was badass back in the day in college. Didn't know he was from Miami.

That pic has been posted here a few times before. Good stuff - those Southridge teams were tremendous. They were probably the best sofla football dynasty after CGHS in the 60s. Carol City had some great teams in the 80s but I don't think they came close to the dominance those SR teams had.

That pic has been posted here a few times before. Good stuff - those Southridge teams were tremendous. They were probably the best sofla football dynasty after CGHS in the 60s. Carol City had some great teams in the 80s but I don't think they came close to the dominance those SR teams had.

man those southridge team weren't a dynasty. They won two titles over a four year period where they had arguably more talent than anyone and one of those years they didn't even make it to the championship game. Central, BTW, and even CC teams from the mid late 90's had better runs than Southridge.

Advertisement

man those southridge team weren't a dynasty. They won two titles over a four year period where they had arguably more talent than anyone and one of those years they didn't even make it to the championship game. Central, BTW, and even CC teams from the mid late 90's had better runs than Southridge.

SR was a machine during a 4-5 year stretch. Like I said, the first Miami school to perform like that since the famed CGHS teams of the 60s. SR, in fact, was one of the first teams to be touted as true national champs as they took on OOS schools and destroyed them, too. SR made it to 4 straight championship games. And lol at most talent - they were not stacked like these teams these days are.

Advertisement

Shame stupid Eddie George got the Heisman over Davis in college.

Didn't southridge when state in 93?

Yes, they beat Bradenton Manatee...score was something like 60something to 40something.
The Davis brothers were on that team, so was Sedrick Irvin (Michigan State) and I believe a couple of
DLmen who made it to NFL rosters.
I believe Bradenton's QB was Willie Taggart.

Advertisement
Back