Rick Ross All Dade County Offensive Lineman

Oh man, I used to HATE playing Southridge. The keep savage backfield. Not only did you have the Davis brothers, but Sedrick Irving for a time. Troy and Derran were some of the best backs that I have ever watched in highschool.

Advertisement
Didn't southridge when state in 93?

Yes, they beat Bradenton Manatee...score was something like 60something to 40something.
The Davis brothers were on that team, so was Sedrick Irvin (Michigan State) and I believe a couple of
DLmen who made it to NFL rosters.
I believe Bradenton's QB was Willie Taggart.

I can't recall but didn't Tommie frazier play in that game... **** southridge use to give us **** back in the days...

Tommie Frazier was a bad bwoy!!! I wish we could see him in these offenses they run today.... Before they knew Cam it was Frazier!!!

Peep the run @3:15

[video=youtube;-oO18ZbCLbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oO18ZbCLbE[/video]

Last edited:
That pic has been posted here a few times before. Good stuff - those Southridge teams were tremendous. They were probably the best sofla football dynasty after CGHS in the 60s. Carol City had some great teams in the 80s but I don't think they came close to the dominance those SR teams had.

man those southridge team weren't a dynasty. They won two titles over a four year period where they had arguably more talent than anyone and one of those years they didn't even make it to the championship game. Central, BTW, and even CC teams from the mid late 90's had better runs than Southridge.

SR was a machine during a 4-5 year stretch. Like I said, the first Miami school to perform like that since the famed CGHS teams of the 60s. SR, in fact, was one of the first teams to be touted as true national champs as they took on OOS schools and destroyed them, too. SR made it to 4 straight championship games. And lol at most talent - they were not stacked like these teams these days are.

What's is this one of those things where as time is affecting people's memories of the ridge. They never went to four straight state games or won a mythical national championship. They shared their first state title in 91 with the team from Orlando Bec the game was a tie. In 92 they were super hyped and was ranked #1 in USA today poll during season but lost to an above average S. Miami team with James Colzie and Damian Herrell and then they got beat in the state semi's against I think that Manatee team that they beat the brakes off of the next year in 93. So maybe we have a different idea of what a dynasty is but winning on title and sharing another over a 4 year period isn't considered a dynasty imo.

Btw lol at thinking the ridge wasn't stacked back then they had Lamont, the Davis boys, Sed, Gana, former cane James Sutton and a bunch of other all county players. It may not being ridiculous like today's teams but for the teams back then when you have 5 kids make all Dade first team and about four more make 2nd and 3rd team then yeah your team stacked.

Advertisement

Yes, they beat Bradenton Manatee...score was something like 60something to 40something.
The Davis brothers were on that team, so was Sedrick Irvin (Michigan State) and I believe a couple of

I can't recall but didn't Tommie frazier play in that game... **** southridge use to give us **** back in the days...

Frazier was already at Nebraska, but he also graduated from Bradenton Manatee.

Still infuriates me Dennis Erickson didn't recruit many of these kids.

Still infuriates me Dennis Erickson didn't recruit many of these kids.

Dennis saw UM as the next stepping stone to the NFL. He was like this team is loaded for the next three years. I'm getting my NC's and hauling ***... Recruiting is the next HC problem.

Last edited:
That pic has been posted here a few times before. Good stuff - those Southridge teams were tremendous. They were probably the best sofla football dynasty after CGHS in the 60s. Carol City had some great teams in the 80s but I don't think they came close to the dominance those SR teams had.

man those southridge team weren't a dynasty. They won two titles over a four year period where they had arguably more talent than anyone and one of those years they didn't even make it to the championship game. Central, BTW, and even CC teams from the mid late 90's had better runs than Southridge.

SR was a machine during a 4-5 year stretch. Like I said, the first Miami school to perform like that since the famed CGHS teams of the 60s. SR, in fact, was one of the first teams to be touted as true national champs as they took on OOS schools and destroyed them, too. SR made it to 4 straight championship games. And lol at most talent - they were not stacked like these teams these days are.

What's is this one of those things where as time is affecting people's memories of the ridge. They never went to four straight state games or won a mythical national championship. They shared their first state title in 91 with the team from Orlando Bec the game was a tie. In 92 they were super hyped and was ranked #1 in USA today poll during season but lost to an above average S. Miami team with James Colzie and Damian Herrell and then they got beat in the state semi's against I think that Manatee team that they beat the brakes off of the next year in 93. So maybe we have a different idea of what a dynasty is but winning on title and sharing another over a 4 year period isn't considered a dynasty imo.

Btw lol at thinking the ridge wasn't stacked back then they had Lamont, the Davis boys, Sed, Gana, former cane James Sutton and a bunch of other all county players. It may not being ridiculous like today's teams but for the teams back then when you have 5 kids make all Dade first team and about four more make 2nd and 3rd team then yeah your team stacked.

I misspoke on the 4 state title games but they won 2 in 3 years. My point was that you can argue that they were the most dominant dade team since those CGHS teams. Have there been dominant teams since then? Yes of course but SR was one of those firsts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back