Richt's Team Meeting With UGA

C A N E

Sophomore
***** Here's how it went down...

Richt had a team meeting to tell them he is NOT coaching the bowl game.

As soon as Richt walked in, the team held up "The U" and started yelling and celebrating with him. That lasted a few minutes.

Then he told them he loved them, that his number will stay the same and that he will always be there for them.

He left by saying, life is about people, not rings... He said rings collect dust.

A LOT of emotion and tears in this meeting I've been told.

Chad Simmons
Scout | National Recruiting Analyst
Email: chadsimmons@scout.com
854130.jpg

Advertisement
not surprised. Richt is a good coach, a great man and EVERYONE loves him. We're getting a good one.

This is like a scene out of a movie.

I want the 2016 season to start tomorrow

Last edited:
What a cool move by the team. This is so easy because coach got fired and he's going home.

Advertisement
awesome stuff. cant wait for coach richt to come home tomorrow. they'll miss him up there

It's absolutely true that life isn't about rings. Except that life is a little bit about rings.

So when I was at UGA..I used to wear my cane gear all the time. Many of the players I knew when they would see me with the gear on, they always had respect and threw up the U.

***** Here's how it went down...

Richt had a team meeting to tell them he is NOT coaching the bowl game.

As soon as Richt walked in, the team held up "The U" and started yelling and celebrating with him. That lasted a few minutes.Then he told them he loved them, that his number will stay the same and that he will always be there for them.

He left by saying, life is about people, not rings... He said rings collect dust.

A LOT of emotion and tears in this meeting I've been told.

Chad Simmons
Scout | National Recruiting Analyst
Email: chadsimmons@scout.com
View attachment 34186

Wow!

Advertisement
Great story. Richt is obviously loved by his players. That is called loyalty, something Jimmy, Butch
and Schnellenberger had ....
but Golden did not have a lot of ... Kudos to the UGA team wishing their coach the best with
the "U" sign.

Funny though. Satan doesn't even say bye to the Dolphin players and he wins 3 more national title rings. RINGS DO MATTER!!!

Regardless I'm rolling with Mark. He's way way way way better than what we've had in the last 15 years. We should win the Coastal easily in 2016, maybe even the ACC. Question is, when is that RING coming?

Advertisement
I knew there was a reason Uga was the only team in Georgia sports I can tolerate while living in ga. That's great to hear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As soon as Richt walked in, the team held up "The U" and started yelling and celebrating with him. That lasted a few minutes.

Can you imagine this scenario with Golden leaving? I'm sure there was plenty of celerbating going on.. but not for that reason.

I knew Uga was the only team in sports I tolerate while living in ga. That's great to here.

same here...I actually thought of getting a UGA painting made but the U was going to be the miami U. this is the only SEC team I rooted for. Now I dont know

Advertisement
Back