Richt's playcalling

This is mainly on Kaaya. Our o-line isn't the greatest, but a mobile QB helps mask some of their weaknesses. There were times in the game where a mobile QB could've had some lanes that forced the LB's to stay home. Kaaya's a statute. When you have a QB like Kaaya, you have to have a great O-line. We're nowhere near having that. This is why I think Kaaya won't succeed in the NFL because there's not many elite OL's in the NFL and QB's have to be able to scramble and get some yards.

Kaaya literally reminds me of Tannehill, with the exception that Kaaya has promise. His negatives though:

1) Makes poor reads and decisions
2) Zero pocket awareness
3) Inconsistent

Advertisement
RPO with a cement shoes QB. Richt is gonna tarnish his name this year. Horrible stupid non adjusting play calling, he's trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

And Kaaya has no business EVER stepping foot on an NFL field. He's a *****

Seriously. RPO works a lot better when there is a threat of the QB keeping ball and running. This is insanity to run on offence.

Formula for a championship:
Golden + Coley/Fisch + Manny Diaz, take 2.5 million dollar salary difference between Golden and Richt and give it to the bag man for Jeudy and Leatherwood = playoffs

We're witnessing some of the worst play calling in the history of the program.

Running into 8 and 9 man looks. There are drives and sequences when he waits until 3rd and long, after 2 failed early down runs, to THEN pass the ball. Even the then the routes being called in those plays just beg for the defense to squat on everything short cause we're often running 10 yard stops and comebacks on 3rd and 10, across the board.

Anyone in this or any other thread claiming that the O-Line, Kaaya, the weather, or the economy are to blame here don't have a ****ing clue what they are talking about. Same QB as last year. Basically the same O-line....yet everything looks worse.

Richt is bordering on Pat Nix levels. This offensive scheme is an abomination.

And this is da troof ^^^^ Richt's play calling and failure to adjust for the personnel he has is killing us. We've actually regressed on offense.

Running into 8 and 9 man looks. There are drives and sequences when he waits until 3rd and long, after 2 failed early down runs, to THEN pass the ball. Even the then the routes being called in those plays just beg for the defense to squat on everything short cause we're often running 10 yard stops and comebacks on 3rd and 10, across the board.

Anyone in this or any other thread claiming that the O-Line, Kaaya, the weather, or the economy are to blame here don't have a ****ing clue what they are talking about. Same QB as last year. Basically the same O-line....yet everything looks worse.

UNC blew us out a lot worse last year. We also played FSU tougher this year.

The team looks better than last year.

STFU ****

Don't question Humphrey

Advertisement
RPO with a cement shoes QB. Richt is gonna tarnish his name this year. Horrible stupid non adjusting play calling, he's trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

Seriously. RPO works a lot better when there is a threat of the QB keeping ball and running. This is insanity to run on offence.

You're right on...and rather than adjust to his personnel's strengths and weaknesses, Richt is just gonna call his game his way on principle... F'n disaster.

You're right on...and rather than adjust to his personnel's strengths and weaknesses, Richt is just gonna call his game his way on principle... F'n disaster.

Right, and this is not a good sign.

He's our offensive reincarnation of Onfrio.

**** us sideways.

There is no sugarcoating it. The honeymoon is over.

His gameplan sucks. Playcalling sucks. The offense sucks.

I appreciate what he's done off the field. Getting us the Indoor Practice Facility. Throwback uniforms. But that don't mean **** if we're trotting out complete nonsense on offense.

If I hear the term "Run Pass Option" one more ******* time. But I'm sure that's what we'll be running every 1st and 2nd down the rest of the season.

Get that crap out my face.

Advertisement
Square peg into round hole, is how I'd describe the way Richt is running the offense

Yup...we have the talent to be running a much more wide open offense. I could see Kaaya being much more effective in something with West Coast principles where the ball comes out quickly and it lessens his biggest weakness...the fact he's not good at shuffling and re-setting his feet in the pocket to avoid pressure and extend plays.

What's shocking to me is that this is all happening under the watch of a guy with this much experience. I was never a fan of the Richt hire but I never in a million years would have thought he'd ever be this bad at calling plays.

Today's college game is a QB-dominated game. We don't have THE guy. Houston and Louisville have emerged not because of some cutting edge play calling guru, but because they have THE guy running the offense. You can whine about play calling all you want, but Kayaa has proved that he is not a winner nor a leader no matter what plays are being called or by what offensive coordinator.

Today's college game is a QB-dominated game. We don't have THE guy. Houston and Louisville have emerged not because of some cutting edge play calling guru, but because they have THE guy running the offense. You can whine about play calling all you want, but Kayaa has proved that he is not a winner nor a leader no matter what plays are being called or by what offensive coordinator.

And likewise people can make all the excuses they want but Kaaya is a functional, average to above average college QB. A coach with as much experience as Richt should have ZERO issue beating UNC and this years version of FSU, AT HOME.

There's no exoneration of Richt here. It wouldn't matter if we had Joe Montana back there right now....this scheme is just broken.

Advertisement
This is mainly on Kaaya. Our o-line isn't the greatest, but a mobile QB helps mask some of their weaknesses. There were times in the game where a mobile QB could've had some lanes that forced the LB's to stay home. Kaaya's a statute. When you have a QB like Kaaya, you have to have a great O-line. We're nowhere near having that. This is why I think Kaaya won't succeed in the NFL because there's not many elite OL's in the NFL and QB's have to be able to scramble and get some yards.

Kaaya literally reminds me of Tannehill, with the exception that Kaaya has promise. His negatives though:

2) Zero pocket awareness
3) Inconsistent

I agree and disagree. Kaaya has his faults (which I said from jump while all were calling everything but God), but Richt is as much to blame as well.

Our TE's are out there blazing a trail down the field, then they aren't seen again. We start our two runs when we get the ball and have a third and long bs.

Richt is a horrible playcaller. You keep running something that works until the defense shows they can stop it. Njoku and Herndon could've had a field day out there, but Richt outsmarted himself by trying to adjust to adjustments UNC had yet to make.

He's dog**** as an OC. Still love him as a HC, but man....BK and this offense are better than what they're showing. I've been called a BK hater because I've pointed out his weaknesses for a long *** time, but he's better than he's showing.

2) Zero pocket awareness
3) Inconsistent

No it's not. Kaaya isn't a mobile qb. That's what Richt has to work with, but he insists on running an offense that requires one. That's not Brad's fault. Put him on UNC with their OL and WRs and he is putting up video game numbers.

Advertisement

The above is all we need to know

He's our offensive reincarnation of Onfrio.

**** us sideways.

That's how I'm seeing it. There's a stubbornness to change just like Alf wouldn't change his defense.

Any of you incompetent enough to blame this **** show on the offensive line, Kaaya, el Nino, or Donald Trump need to go read the thread Lucane just posted.

It's Richt. Period. Anyone not seeing the abomination that is the current state of the play calling is never going to see it.

Advertisement
Back