Richt

Advertisement
He got totally out manned by Ford and Willis, saw the writing on the wall, and hauled *** back to No. Cal.

The saying we hear all the time down here isn't true every time but in this scenario, like with Garvin and Joe Jackson, it sure as **** has been:

I'll take a 3 borderline 4 star S. Florida kid over a 4-5 star from just about anywhere else.

Last edited:
He got totally out manned by Ford and Willis, saw the writing on the wall, and hauled *** back to No. Cal.

The saying we hear all the time down here isn't true every time but in this scenario, like with Garvin and Joe Jackson, it sure as **** has been:

I'll take a 3 borderline 4 star S. Florida kid over a 4-5 star from nust about anywhere else.

He's a DE, not a DT. Garvin was the one who made him take his ball & go home.

Advertisement
He's a DE, not a DT. Garvin was the one who made him take his ball & go home.

Good point, though I always thought he would have no choice but to move inside. I wonder if he was feeling that pressure as well.

He was getting awfully big, it seemed like a natural move for him but definitely don't know for sure.

Advertisement
Funny how all the dupes will clutch their pearls and scream "For shame!" when one calls a "kid" out for obviously and grossly making up a fake family medical issue because they're soft. Maybe they should not be so quick to jump to the faux moral high ground when even a God-fearing man like Pastor Rick will apparently call bs on it too.

Funny how all the dupes will clutch their pearls and scream "For shame!" when one calls a "kid" out for obviously and grossly making up a fake family medical issue because they're soft. Maybe they should not be so quick to jump to the faux moral high ground when even a God-fearing man like Pastor Rick will apparently call bs on it too.

When my brother went to Miami in the late 70's, he said everyone on the roster was a High School "BMOC" and you either stepped up or sat down. It's obvious DJ didn't want to put in the necessary work and decided to sit down!

Advertisement

Richt is a God fearing man, but he never turned in his balls. DJ could have learned a lot from him. Too bad.

Soft . He could be in the mix for some serious PT right now if he had put the work in. Smh all that talkin about greatness . Gotta work for it

There is no question his size and athleticism would have been put to use this year by Diaz and Co. They told him as much. Kid wanted to be an every snap player, not a bad thing, but he didn't feel he should have to compete for it.

I didn't get they hype around him anyway. Look at what Garvin did in high school, and WHO he did it against, then watch Johnson's film. If anyone can honestly say Johnson was the better recruit, I'd honestly say they need help in evaluating talent. Garvin's film screamed domination. Johnson's, not so much. Talented player, but nowhere near the motor or football IQ of Garvin.

Advertisement
Yeah.....Richt delivered a shot to DJ on that one. But the premise stands - a 3 star from Florida can and likely will surpass a 5 star that plays sub par competition elsewhere.

Sad part about it, if he think Mario is going to baby him, he has another thing coming. He's going to see some real Miami **** from him lol. Mario is really not the babying type, and Clearly Jim Levitt isn't a push over either lol, I'm sure Mario did his due diligence before letting this kid in. Everybody knew what was up with him DJ. Jealousy is an ugly trait, and he saw Garvin getting all the shine and felt he was better than him. Wish him nothing but the best tho.

Sad part about it, if he think Mario is going to baby him, he has another thing coming. He's going to see some real Miami **** from him lol. Mario is really not the babying type, and Clearly Jim Levitt isn't a push over either lol, I'm sure Mario did his due diligence before letting this kid in. Everybody knew what was up with him DJ. Jealousy is an ugly trait, and he saw Garvin getting all the shine and felt he was better than him. Wish him nothing but the best tho.

Mario?!? Thought kid went to Washington???

Advertisement
Back