Richt

I didn't get they hype around him anyway. Look at what Garvin did in high school, and WHO he did it against, then watch Johnson's film. If anyone can honestly say Johnson was the better recruit, I'd honestly say they need help in evaluating talent. Garvin's film screamed domination. Johnson's, not so much. Talented player, but nowhere near the motor or football IQ of Garvin.

Good size for a DE and very fast, but that was about it.

As was said earlier, it was clear that he was a man among boys in his high school league. Competition was no where near what Garvin faced. Therefore, Garvin was better prepared for Freshman PT.

Now if DJ had a sack between his legs, upon realizing that he was now in a whole different level of football talent, he would have dedicated himself to doing whatever is necessary to earn his way on the field by Year 2. It should have motivated him, but clearly it did the opposite so he ran away.

Shame because the kid had amazing potential.

Advertisement
DJ Johnson is SOFT as dog shx. He would've cried if another year passed and he had to watch Rousseau and Patchan beat him out a job for another season lol

Advertisement
I'm still smh at that kid leaving. Just flat out ridiculous.

I had no idea the guy went to Oregon. SMDH

When my brother went to Miami in the late 70's, he said everyone on the roster was a High School "BMOC" and you either stepped up or sat down. It's obvious DJ didn't want to put in the necessary work and decided to sit down!

Who is your brother?

Advertisement
He just called out DJ Johnson, he said he left and went back home because he couldn't get playing time. Coach keeping it real none of that pc ****!!!

Lol at the notion CMR isn't "PC" about the majority of things.

Didn't hear the interview.

Did Richt say anything about whether or not he thinks Leavitt will end up punching and/or choking DJ during fall practice?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back