Richt was never hired to be elite

MIATL

Senior
Period.

Richt was hired to run a clean program ... Help raise money for football ... Put a competitive team on the field ... Be a great face to the public ... And win the new coach press conference.

He’s not getting fired, or even feeling a hotseat, because he’s doing what he was hired to do.

Fans want Miami to do whatever possible to be elite. But this school has already decided they aren’t playing the Top 5 program game.

If you have any questions on this, look no further than Lexington, KY. I’m not certain Richt makes more than Stoops. Think about that ... A basketball school pays their head football coach more than Miami pays their flagship sport head coach.

And both coaches are just expected to keep the programs bowl eligible, with the occasional perfect storm occurrence to finish Top 10-15. That’s it. They couldn’t care less if Richt ever makes the playoffs, or even wins the ACCCG.

The sooner folks accept this reality, the better you’ll be.

No, the program ain’t dead. But it’s much closer to being Virginia Tech than it is to being Clemson.

Advertisement
If that is their plan, then a lot of egg will be flying around. It’s a plan rooted in idiotic denial. Miami doesn’t get to be BC in football. It’s just not an option, amd ot’s delusional for the BOT to think otherwose. It’s fans, history, communities, talent base, media perception etc. make it a toxic place fast when things aren’t going well. Banners get flown. ESPN covers and mocks the dissonance. Eventually, and by that I mean quickly, the BOT has a mess on its hands. The only path to what they want is to find a good coach and actually support the program. They will regret trying to be something we aren’t.

Last edited:
If that is their plan, then a lot of egg will be flying around. It’s a plan rooted in idiotic denial. Miami desn’t get to be BC in football. It’s fans, history, communities, talent base, media perception etc. make it a toxic place fast when things aren’t going well. Banners get flown. ESPN covers and mocks the dissonance. Eventually, and by that I mean quickly, the BOT has a mess on its hands. The only path to what they want is to find a good coach and actually support the program. They will regret trying to be something we aren’t.

Notice u didnt say anything about Money. Big time programs have $$$$

Advertisement
I agree with OP, but he was supposed to be a **** of a lot more competitive than what we're getting. Otherwise, why fire Golden if the school doesn't care about winning? Golden ran a clean program, the scandal wasn't his, he inherited it. I think they're content with some 9 or 10 win ish and thought Richt would deliver.

Period.

Richt was hired to run a clean program ... Help raise money for football ... Put a competitive team on the field ... Be a great face to the public ... And win the new coach press conference.

He’s not getting fired, or even feeling a hotseat, because he’s doing what he was hired to do.

Fans want Miami to do whatever possible to be elite. But this school has already decided they aren’t playing the Top 5 program game.

If you have any questions on this, look no further than Lexington, KY. I’m not certain Richt makes more than Stoops. Think about that ... A basketball school pays their head football coach more than Miami pays their flagship sport head coach.

And both coaches are just expected to keep the programs bowl eligible, with the occasional perfect storm occurrence to finish Top 10-15. That’s it. They couldn’t care less if Richt ever makes the playoffs, or even wins the ACCCG.

The sooner folks accept this reality, the better you’ll be.

No, the program ain’t dead. But it’s much closer to being Virginia Tech than it is to being Clemson.

“Put a competitive team on the field”

Well....failing on that one

Advertisement
I agree with OP, but he was supposed to be a **** of a lot more competitive than what we're getting. Otherwise, why fire Golden if the school doesn't care about winning? Golden ran a clean program, the scandal wasn't his, he inherited it. I think they're content with some 9 or 10 win ish and thought Richt would deliver.
There's a difference between not wanting to be elite and winning. With Golden you weren't even going to be mediocre. Golden was clueless. No one should ever beat Miami 58-0.

Kentucky can get away with that because their main focus is Basketball & they play in a much tougher conference in a state that doesn't produce as many D1 athletes as Florida does.

Miami is right smack dab in the most abundant recruiting ground in the nation & plays in a 3 team conference (Clemson, Miami & FSU), the other schools like NC St, BC, Va Tech etc only do well when Miami & FSU are having a down year.

Kentucky can afford to pay that much for a Football coach because the SEC TV contracts has payouts of $40million a year per school, plus all the excess revenue that the Kentucky BBall brand generates gives their athletic department an annual surplus to spend.

Miami is a team that has always needed exceptional coaching to be contenders, whenever we have great talent with subpar coaching we always fail. Miami is a different kind of job from the typical college football program, because the potential of what we can be is unparalleled when it's done right, it's just rare that it happens.

The game has changed to where if you have a great Coach you can catch lightning in a bottle & go on a run. If Richt was hired to simply be a politician fundraiser then we're wasting a great opportunity to get back to being a championship program.

And nothing raises more money for Football than winning & we're not competitive, so if he was hired to do those things then he's failing & needs to be urged to step down. We can actually be a competitive program & win with a much younger coach for a whole lot cheaper than $4.1mill a year, $20mill total with the whole contract.

Last edited:
There’s a giant chasm the size of Fake Jimmy’s distended ****** between elite and what we are now. I hate conspiracy theories, but even if he wasn’t hired to be elite, he sure as **** wasn’t hired to be what we are now, which is garbage.
People who are hired to fail, do fail.

That’s the fallacy underlying the delusional premise, hopefully false, of this conspiracy theory. You cannot set out to be middle of the pack. Middling ACC teams may have less access to talent than Um, but their kids still try hard, and their staff wants to win to get future career opportunities. There is no path to be okay that involves a staff hired to accept mediocrity.

There’s a giant chasm the size of Fake Jimmy’s distended ****** between elite and what we are now. I hate conspiracy theories, but even if he wasn’t hired to be elite, he sure as **** wasn’t hired to be what we are now, which is garbage.

that's the thing, it's one thing to not be able to beat Bama and Clemson.

But UVA, BC and Duke?

Again, maybe Richt is just THAT bad at his job at the current moment?

Advertisement
Richt has done good things here and some of bad. But the bad looks even worst because we won 10 games last year and now we're expecting for him to top that. I know FSU sucks *** right now but beating them twice in three years feels good. Winning 10 games and stomping ND felt great. Winning a bowl game after 10 years was long overdue.

I was ****ed last night and wanted Richt fired but realistically who is going to take this job? Our facilities are better and hopefully this shiitty season makes him hire an OC. He also needs to fire his transgender ***aloon of a son.

Before Richt was hired and after the first season many of us thought 2019 was our year. Rosier will be gone and I think Jaren gets the nod. Hopefully we see him a few times before the season is done.

Regardless how the rest of the season goes, I don't want to open up against Florida next year under a first year head corch. Hopefully Richt gets his head out of his *** and puts a decent game plan together. The 2018 class will at least have had a year + of experience and we will see more of Pope, Lingard, Hightower and others balling out there. Hopefully no one leave early for the NFL that's not ready...I'm looking at our linebackers right now.

Richt was hired to have this team in the ACCCG every year at minimum. He's a failed hire. OP is reaching hard.

Advertisement
He's never been elite. So why would anyone think he was hired to be elite?

Exactly the point of the OP.

It’s not excuse making, it’s a fact.

Elite coaches aren’t fired. Elite coaches make much more than $4 million per year.

Folks can’t get beyond their own expectations to see the truth of the situation.

Advertisement
Back