Richt Tweets

Advertisement
Here's what a Tulane fan said on the Sun Belt Board:

(Today 03:22 AM)OUGwave Wrote:
As a Tulane fan, I have, um, some experience in discussing these issues.

People who are saying "this is bigger than football how can you expect them to play football at a time like this?" are partially correct. It is hard. But Tulane played an ENTIRE SEASON on the road migrating from school to school in 2005, living in abandoned dorms, while their families were recovering from the storm. The players had their entire city under water. The school was closed for the *entire* semester, and they still found a way to play their entire schedule. Was it tough? Yeah. But most of the players (I think Matt Forte for instance) are glad they did it. Point is, you can't tell me that Miami can't play one road game three days before the storm arrives and tell me that its because some things are bigger than football. Literally everything is bigger than football, it doesn't mean we don't expect football players to play football when it's possible for them to do so. Houston is playing a road game this weekend, I'm sure their players have a lot on their minds too!

I'm not saying he's all the way right, but there is some truth in there if you are willing to take off the shades.

our situation is totally different. they played the season after because there was nothing else to do. this was something that was good for them, their school and their community. this storm hasn't hit yet and people are on edge. they are worried about their families and their safety. nothing is more important than the safety of people and their families.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Why are people and families still in harms way when a week ago this hurricane was projected to hit SoFla? I've asked this question a bunch of times over the last few days and not a single porster can give a logical explanation.

Once again for like the 10th time. I personally know several families that evacuated safely including a single mother of 3 who lives deep in 305. If she could do it why can't others?

The whole "sit here and be a victim" mentality is mind boggling.

Honestly you need to get punched in the face.

I got $100 if you do it

I got $500 that says if he tried he'd be schitting out his own teeth for a week.

our situation is totally different. they played the season after because there was nothing else to do. this was something that was good for them, their school and their community. this storm hasn't hit yet and people are on edge. they are worried about their families and their safety. nothing is more important than the safety of people and their families.

Why are people and families still in harms way when a week ago this hurricane was projected to hit SoFla? I've asked this question a bunch of times over the last few days and not a single porster can give a logical explanation.

Once again for like the 10th time. I personally know several families that evacuated safely including a single mother of 3 who lives deep in 305. If she could do it why can't others?

I got $100 if you do it

I got $500 that says if he tried he'd be schitting out his own teeth for a week.

LMAO...do it then!

I got $100 if you do it

LMAO...do it then!

*** it, take it to the mat.

Advertisement
Back