Richt Tweet

No Fly, ur my g...but I can’t f w the NY rankings. B ball, yeah. Football, not so much. If he was from Jersey, maybe I can be a little more excited. But when I hear top 3 ranked from NY & still considered a 3 star, don’t know kid. This doesn’t wow me.

I hear you. NY HS football is not typically anything special, and NJ HS football has produced better college athletes. More than anything, I was just putting out the counterpoint and correcting the incorrect parts from the post I was responding to. Lots of fakenews these days...

I think Blissett is a project type DT with very good quickness and good size that Simpson thinks he can mold into something with work on technique.

Advertisement
Possible that Pastor Rick hit up Thirsty Thursday at Fat Kats or Marsbar in Kendall? He was also tweeting about how all the political divisiveness in America saddens him too. I think he might have been a few Goldschlagers into the day.

Possible that Pastor Rick hit up Thirsty Thursday at Fat Kats or Marsbar in Kendall? He was also tweeting about how all the political divisiveness in America saddens him too. I think he might have been a few Goldschlagers into the day.
One too many Shirley Temples.

He's a coaches kid and his dad coaches defense. Reminds me of Bethel coming out with the same type of burst and athleticism. They also come from football blood from their dad. He's just bigger than Bethel was at this point of HS, which is Bethel's current downfall. Doubt Blissett will get stuck in the rutt of being a DT or a DE... he's a sure bet at DT as a 3tech.

Advertisement
He came to Paradise on his own dime, held his own against local talent, and caught Simpson's eye with his hustle and coachability. I don't know what else you can ask of an out of state kid. This eval is all on Simpson.

No Fly, ur my g...but I can’t f w the NY rankings. B ball, yeah. Football, not so much. If he was from Jersey, maybe I can be a little more excited. But when I hear top 3 ranked from NY & still considered a 3 star, don’t know kid. This doesn’t wow me.

@SleepOnIt @Cliff Knutson @Kameka[]__[]Cane Obviously you guys don’t watch high school football or understand the state of New York produces one of the lowest quantities of impact players. I’m not saying Blissett will be bad; he’s a Cane so I wish him the very best. I’m just saying NY is not really known for football, so if he’s a top 3 overall player and still considered a 3 star, just has me on pause.

Advertisement
@SleepOnIt @Cliff Knutson @Kameka[]__[]Cane Obviously you guys don’t watch high school football or understand the state of New York produces one of the lowest quantities of impact players. I’m not saying Blissett will be bad; he’s a Cane so I wish him the very best. I’m just saying NY is not really known for football, so if he’s a top 3 overall player and still considered a 3 star, just has me on pause.

No, I've lived in NYC since January 2001. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of talent, but no, him being top 3 & only a 3* isn't a shock. For kids in this area to be rated correctly he would have to be at the right camp where the right person w/a recruiting service is attending & then goes to bat for him internally w/pull.

Oh wait, look at that, it's you who doesn't understand high school football or NY football. Congrats!

He came to Paradise on his own dime, held his own against local talent, and caught Simpson's eye with his hustle and coachability. I don't know what else you can ask of an out of state kid. This eval is all on Simpson.
Same with jalar Holley in the sense that the evaluation is on him .. it’s tricky with linemen because that position is hard to evaluate even with star rating ... I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt right now but we need to hit on these evaluations though because it’s looking barren

No, I've lived in NYC since January 2001. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of talent, but no, him being top 3 & only a 3* isn't a shock. For kids in this area to be rated correctly he would have to be at the right camp where the right person w/a recruiting service is attending & then goes to bat for him internally w/pull.

Oh wait, look at that, it's you who doesn't understand high school football or NY football. Congrats!

No one said anything about me being shocked; but thank u for proving my point. The state of NY is not known for providing quality players to the CFB world.

That’s not to say NY doesn’t produce some beast like, Saquon (who moved to Pennsylvania to play football), Gronkowski (who moved to Pennsylvania to play football) The McCourty Twins (who moved to NJ to play football), or Dominique Easley.

But again, Easley was a 5 star and considered the top 3 player in the state of NY in 2010, if memory serves correct.

So listen, I’m not trying to get u caught in ur feelings, but understand that u can try to spin it anyway u want as to y he’s a 3 star, and due to the fact that we are in desperate need for beast on the DL especially DT position, I hope this is a rating error and he’s a hidden gem; but I wouldn’t be surprised if his ranking is accurate & he becomes nothing more than a contributor, which is more than fine.

Advertisement
Back