Richt Tweet

So are we happy that we may land the number three DT from NY who has offers from Temple, U Conn, and similar schools? What am I missing?

Athletic, late riser. Kid has about 20 offers in the last 9 months or so, including recent offers from UiF and tamu.

And he's the no. 3 overall player (regardless of position) in NY, per 247 composite, and no. 2 overall in NY per 247 rankings.

Advertisement
Athletic, late riser. Kid has about 20 offers in the last 9 months or so, including recent offers from UiF and tamu.

And he's the no. 3 overall player (regardless of position) in NY, per 247 composite, and no. 2 overall in NY per 247 rankings.

No Fly, ur my g...but I can’t f w the NY rankings. B ball, yeah. Football, not so much. If he was from Jersey, maybe I can be a little more excited. But when I hear top 3 ranked from NY & still considered a 3 star, don’t know kid. This doesn’t wow me.

No Fly, ur my g...but I can’t f w the NY rankings. B ball, yeah. Football, not so much. If he was from Jersey, maybe I can be a little more excited. But when I hear top 3 ranked from NY & still considered a 3 star, don’t know kid. This doesn’t wow me.

This is 100% true. NY is trash at football. All of the good kids play in NJ.

I think we need to start getting a bunch of SO FL DEs who are like 260+ and just DEs overall from wherever and putting weight on them if we can't find more elite DTs. Thats one position where i don't like how we have been recruiting at all so far

Advertisement
So are we happy that we may land the number three DT from NY who has offers from Temple, U Conn, and similar schools? What am I missing?

Didn't you get the Memo. NY 3 stars > other state 5 stars. The only players better then NY 3 stars are south Florida 3 stars. EXCEPT. This part is big. EXCEPT if they go to a school that isn't UM. Then we make fun of the other team and claim they are corches who only land 3 stars.

UGA starting RT Isiah Wilson played at Poly Prep, Brooklyn. Believe was a 5 star.

And Chris Kuper is from Alaska and played for Anchorage High School. Does that mean Alaska isn't trash at football? I am from NYC. I can tell you without a doubt that NYC sucks at football and all of the good kids play for the NJ catholic schools. I don't know WIlsons story, but most likely he was a late bloomer and non of the NJ HS wanted him when he was in 8th grade.

Advertisement
And Chris Kuper is from Alaska and played for Anchorage High School. Does that mean Alaska isn't trash at football? I am from NYC. I can tell you without a doubt that NYC sucks at football and all of the good kids play for the NJ catholic schools. I don't know WIlsons story, but most likely he was a late bloomer and non of the NJ HS wanted him when he was in 8th grade.

Not familiar with NY football, just stating a kid out of same HS playing on best college Oline , some squeeze thru cracks for sure.

Didn’t this kid come to camp to earn his offer? I think the staff has seen more than just tape on the kid. Considering some of the best guys on the team right now are from out of state I’ll happily give the staff a little leeway. Especially at a position of need.

Pan through CMR's last two classes and it's a pretty short list of guys who aren't projecting out to be at the very least, solid contributors.

Don't really get the NY DT bashing. So far this staff appears to have done a really solid job of evalauting talent, including some of the diamonds in the rough.

Advertisement

Don't entirely disagree with you but this is a kid that came down here and camped to earn the offer if I remember correctly.

When asked about his Tweet, Richt replied, we got some fans that are pretty dense, so thought I would send again and maybe they could get it 2nd time around.

Advertisement

If he commited to the gators it would be on gator tears and we’d mske fun of it. So yes I think we could and need to recruit better.

Out of state 3 stars esp from the north east rarely ever outplay their rankings

Or look at McGuire, Jim Burt, Testaverde and Leon Williams.

It comes down to the evaluations.

It's still not known how well this staff can do on its evaluations.

We'll know more in a couple years.

Also always skeptical if NY kids. Not a great feeder. Just look at Gus (sorry Vern).

My understanding is he had great Sparq scores. I think that is getting a lot of folks excited.

Advertisement
Back