Richt talking about the RB position

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
UM coach Mark Richt said he’s looking for a grad transfer running back and also considering moving a returning player (he won’t say who) to running back because of lack of depth there beyond Mark Walton and Travis Homer.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes looking for running back help; Heat trade deadline | Miami Herald

The only 2 players that are currently on the roster i could see getting RB snaps are berrios and perry.

Advertisement
I'm gonna guess Terrance Henley, because of speed.

He would simply be used for depth, would never take a snap in a real game, except against Bethune Cookman late in the 4th quarter lol.

Tyshon Dye will also be brought in as a Grad Transfer.

Advertisement
May just be talking about the Spring... I think we can get through the season with 4-5 RB's! Everyone behind Walton was under utilized anyway!

Walton
Edwards (as of right now, maybe they can convince him to stay. But I doubt it)
Homer
Gray
Burns

plus I think we have a guy or two on scout team... for scout team drills

Last edited:
Advertisement
How ridiculous is it that we need a grad transfer because Yearby made a terrible decision and Gus is caught up in his feelings?

Our RB depth chart would be fine if either of those 2 guys weren't so selfish. And if both of them stayed, we probably be pushing Gray out after spring practice.

But on the "glass half full" side, Gray is gonna get every chance to earn PT. If he can't secure the 3rd spot, it's all in him.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Berrios getting playing time at RB. There's no way he can take the pounding that's required. Besides he's one of our better WR's returning this year and will be better utilized at that position.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but I just can't see Berrios getting playing time at RB. There's no way he can take the pounding that's required. Besides he's one of our better WR's returning this year and will be better utilized at that position.

If he moved to rb wouldn't be that much of a pounding would more than likely only be situational seriously doubt they would be asking him to carry it 15 times a game

If he moved to rb wouldn't be that much of a pounding would more than likely only be situational seriously doubt they would be asking him to carry it 15 times a game

Berries was a darn good RB in high school..

Advertisement
Charles Perry is the only I can see making a move to RB. He played that in HS, had about 850, which is about the same as Gus his SR year, lol. He's 6'1 230, so makes sense to me.

How ridiculous is it that we need a grad transfer because Yearby made a terrible decision and Gus is caught up in his feelings?

Our RB depth chart would be fine if either of those 2 guys weren't so selfish. And if both of them stayed, we probably be pushing Gray out after spring practice.

But on the "glass half full" side, Gray is gonna get every chance to earn PT. If he can't secure the 3rd spot, it's all in him.

Yeah yearby selfish as **** for trying to make money to take care of his kids.

Supposedly going after the kid from Clemson.

Is Gus definitely transferring?

Advertisement
Back