Richt talking about the RB position

Damon Williams didn't sign anywhere. Probably grades issues but does anyone know more?

Advertisement
Supposedly going after the kid from Clemson.

Is Gus definitely transferring?

Richt was asked that in the article, and his response was "“Everything I heard is he plans on moving on somewhere.” So Gus pulled the trigger yet, but is all but certain to leave

Can someone go do a welfare check on [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]?

They said they saw him buying razor blades and Everclear at the bodega.

How ridiculous is it that we need a grad transfer because Yearby made a terrible decision and Gus is caught up in his feelings?

Our RB depth chart would be fine if either of those 2 guys weren't so selfish. And if both of them stayed, we probably be pushing Gray out after spring practice.

But on the "glass half full" side, Gray is gonna get every chance to earn PT. If he can't secure the 3rd spot, it's all in him.

Yeah yearby selfish as **** for trying to make money to take care of his kids.

How about he earns a degree, teaches his kids some life-lessons about the value of education, and puts himself in a position to earn money outside of football?

His decision to leave is completely short-sighted and selfish. He's not getting drafted into the NFL, and it's unlikely he will earn a roster spot. This is more about him having a 3-year plan, and sticking to it, even if his body of work doesn't support that decision.

It would have been better for his pro prospects and the team for him to have returned for his senior season.

Advertisement
How ridiculous is it that we need a grad transfer because Yearby made a terrible decision and Gus is caught up in his feelings?

Our RB depth chart would be fine if either of those 2 guys weren't so selfish. And if both of them stayed, we probably be pushing Gray out after spring practice.

But on the "glass half full" side, Gray is gonna get every chance to earn PT. If he can't secure the 3rd spot, it's all in him.

Yeah yearby selfish as **** for trying to make money to take care of his kids.

How about he earns a degree, teaches his kids some life-lessons about the value of education, and puts himself in a position to earn money outside of football?

His decision to leave is completely short-sighted and selfish. He's not getting drafted into the NFL, and it's unlikely he will earn a roster spot. This is more about him having a 3-year plan, and sticking to it, even if his body of work doesn't support that decision.

It would have been better for his pro prospects and the team for him to have returned for his senior season.

I really think you're undermining yearby. Dude has the wiggle/vision to make an NFL roster and be a good backup. If the NFL doesn't work out he can always return to UM and finish his degree. Let the man chase his dream and provide for his family.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Berrios getting playing time at RB. There's no way he can take the pounding that's required. Besides he's one of our better WR's returning this year and will be better utilized at that position.

Berrios has shown he can take a hit and he's played RB before. He's not an outside WR and I doubt Richt uses him in the slot (his best position). His best chance of getting on an NFL roster is showing versatility. I think he'd turn out to be pretty good as a third down back, especially catching the ball on rb wheel routes as I don't believe a LB could cover him, and using a DB means one less back to cover AR82 and Thomas (bad ideas).

If he feels the need to bring in a grad transfer to provide depth. That means he has all but given up on TGray ever amounting to anything here. Smh. Shame.

Advertisement
Yearby and Gus are Div 1 starting running back material. Their careers will amount to very little under Richt if they stayed. They all put in the work and Richt chose Walton, a younger guy. Their is nothing selfish about their decision to leave.

If he feels the need to bring in a grad transfer to provide depth. That means he has all but given up on TGray ever amounting to anything here. Smh. Shame.

Tgray might not even be able to practice in spring because he's still recovering from injury, you combine that burns track record and **** is scary.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas on about 5 jet sweeps per game will provide depth. N'Kosi on QB keepers will provide depth, in a way.

Advertisement

Yearby made a family decision. He already has two kids, he needs to support them

How come we never hear of Chris Atkins? I believe he'll be a junior this year?

He had a great year on scout team. I know the chips are stacked against him being a walk on, but he's a solid player and you can't ask for more out of a free player.

Yearby and Gus are Div 1 starting running back material. Their careers will amount to very little under Richt if they stayed. They all put in the work and Richt chose Walton, a younger guy. Their is nothing selfish about their decision to leave.

Gus isn't a starting RB. Maybe in the sunbelt or Mac. He sucks. Zero wiggle can't change direction and can't run anyone over. He needs a wide open lane to be effective

Advertisement
Back