Richt says Rosier is the starter ...

Advertisement
Holy **** that's misleading!! For now he is.. until someone takes the job from him.

“Someone’s got to dethrone him. Someone’s got to beat him out if that’s going to happen. It’s not like — to say it’s wide open, every position is wide open because we want a competition at every level.

Advertisement
I'm fairly confident Rosier will not be the starter to open the season vs LSU, I don't see him starting another game at Miami unless whoever is the starter gets injured.

Richt plays everything close to the vest he's never just gonna come out & name a guy the starter in February before we've even had Spring Camp. In fact, I don't think Richt will name a starter until a week before the season starts & will keep the competition "open" until 2nd or 3rd scrimmage in Fall camp.

We're heading into year 3 of Richt's offense, would he really want to hamstring himself with another year of a Foldenite QB? Starting Rosier would essentially mean he's having trouble developing the young guys, especially considering TF & Red Freshman are starting all over college football over the last 5 years or so & doing exceptionality well. The young QB excuse doesn cut it anymore.

Rosier maxed out, he struggled coming down the stretch because teams had enough film on him to figure out the exact game plan to disrupt his rhythm, play man on the outside crowd the box & force him to beat them with his arm, which he couldn't do.

LSU has a full 13 games of film to watch of Rosier, their Defense would have the advantage if we walked into Dallas with him as the starter. It's time to go with the younger more talented QB's with far more upside, whether it be Perry, Williams or Weldon.

Advertisement
He’s the starter for sure.

Until he’s not.

“I also want to go into this season with a sort of first-year mentality. Let’s go compete. Show us you’re ready to take somebody’s job. But Malik is the starting quarterback, and he’s going to be unless somebody knocks him off the perch.”

OP needs to back and brush up on coachspeak 101. He must have failed that one. Or he just didn’t bother to actually read the article with Rick’s quotes.

Let me break it down for you, OP: it’s a WIDE OPEN competition.

We just won the more games since 2003 and people are just chomping at the bit to replace the starting QB because he played injured for the final 3 games and had a number of weapons also injured. I'm ok with someone taking his job, if they earn it. But they need to earn it, especially after having the success we had last year.

We just won the more games since 2003 and people are just chomping at the bit to replace the starting QB because he played injured for the final 3 games and had a number of weapons also injured. I'm ok with someone taking his job, if they earn it. But they need to earn it, especially after having the success we had last year.
He was *** before he got hurt. He completed 51% of his passes in 9 acc games. He said he was healthy in the bowl game and he played like shît.

Advertisement
He’s the starter for sure.

Until he’s not.

“I also want to go into this season with a sort of first-year mentality. Let’s go compete. Show us you’re ready to take somebody’s job. But Malik is the starting quarterback, and he’s going to be unless somebody knocks him off the perch.”

OP needs to back and brush up on coachspeak 101. He must have failed that one. Or he just didn’t bother to actually read the article with Rick’s quotes.

Let me break it down for you, OP: it’s a WIDE OPEN competition.

I read the article, and I'm fluent in "coach speak".

Just thought the board would enjoy the thread. :thumbsup-kid:

Of course someone will have to "earn" it, INCLUDING Rosier.

He was *** before he got hurt. He completed 51% of his passes in 9 acc games. He said he was healthy in the bowl game and he played like shît.

Well, if that was his completion percentage then I stand corrected. Jeez, tell the NCAA about that and have them revoke the wins. We need to get Kaaya and his phenomenal completion percentage and NFL ready talent back here for some more overhyped 6 or 7 win seasons.

Advertisement
I remember when all of Brad Kaaya's boyfriends on here just whined ad nausem about "hating on our own players". Well you have quite a few of these hypocrites now doing the same thing to Malik Rosier. Only difference is we're actually winning now, so it's a bit confusing.

Of course someone will have to "earn" it, INCLUDING Rosier.

Agreed. And if all things are equal, I'd give it to the guy who was pumping up the FSU crowd like a boss right before throwing the game winning TD to a backup 2-star WR. There's not going to be any cupcakes or warm up games, we need someone ready to take on LSU right away.

Rosier had very little to do with us winning 10 games & the he was injured excuse is completely bogus.

Kaaya got his ****** molar knocked out & had his bell rung far more than Rosier ever did & he put up far better numbers than him.

Rosier was below 55% cmp & threw 14INT's last season, he's not a good QB we won most of our games in spite of him not because of him. I give him credit for Toledo, GTech & FSU, but otherwise he was mainly inaccurate & struggled vs mostly weak Defenses we should've steamrolled.

No one has said that the next QB shouldn't have to earn it, but just because we won 10 games with Rosier as the QB doesn't mean that he should be the automatic starter either, he should have to earn it just as much as anyone else.

Last edited:
Well, if that was his completion percentage then I stand corrected. Jeez, tell the NCAA about that and have them revoke the wins. We need to get Kaaya and his phenomenal completion percentage and NFL ready talent back here for some more overhyped 6 or 7 win seasons.
Take rosier and go cheer for him at south alabama. There is nothing great about struggling with 3 win teams.

Advertisement
Back