Richt said something interesting post game...

Advertisement
I think we'll get a Portal QB (if King leaves), a Portal DE, a Portal OT & maybe a Portal CB.

If the NCAA changes the IC rule in conjunction with the one time transfer rule, basically not having transfers count towards your IC's, then that would be monumental for a program like Miami.
'Zactly! Whatever it takes to help us win.

We win, we get even better recruits.

We get even better recruits - we win.

which he rarely does as he looks like he is overdosing on beta blockers usually, but there was a gleam in his eye as he mentioned the one-time transfer rule that takes place in January and how Miami is a "great destination", he thinks Miami is going to add a whole lot more talent come January.

Manny is learning how to be a college football coach right now but with the portal and these new one-time rules he is becoming a talent evaluator/recruiter to poach other great players and certainly having Miami as a destination is a great selling point. Whatever happens to Manny in his coaching career, it is probably only second to his ability to sell, he may be wasting his best talents to football when he seems to be the best salesman around.

If Manny is able to get 5-8 transfers, what positions does he go after most and how does he make room for them? Assuming King stays we pass on a transfer QB, but if not I guess we go after the Liberty QB. Definitely OL, watching the big 10 (because nothing good was on) there were some massive bodies out there taking care of their QB's, can never have enough of them. Need at CB and if we lose our DE's then those are obvious areas. I guess we can take the proverbial best available player since we can fill lots of holes.

Awesome win last night, totally satisfying!
I second your opinion about the Big Ten O-linemen. They tend to be in very good football shape, and not too many carry a big beer gut when they trot on to the gridiron. huh? Case in point. Our recent bowl game against mighty Wisconsin, and to a lesser degree the Orange bowl game. For instance, their linemen MAULED Miami's defensive line. Simpy over powered them. Ouch. Of course, I don't think a lot of the starter's had their " heart in the game! " huh. And they was just happen to get a free expense paid trip to Gotham City. But then again, I could be wrong.

Advertisement
I think we'll get a Portal QB (if King leaves), a Portal DE, a Portal OT & maybe a Portal CB.

If the NCAA changes the IC rule in conjunction with the one time transfer rule, basically not having transfers count towards your IC's, then that would be monumental for a program like Miami.
Right on. I think the nefarious NCAA will change the IC rule. Because of the disease situation. Then it will go back to the same ol', same ol' sometime in the near future.

Players will share jersey numbers and we'll put words like "equality" on the back. Ncaa won't realize we have more players than allowed.
Duke's players all stunk equally, I'll give them that.

Advertisement
Over the past 15 years the Canes have had to settle for a lot of plan B kids because we missed on the Plan A ones.

With the portal The Canes can become a viable plan B for the plan A kids we initially missed out on.

From what I have seen from Mario the last two weeks. Manny might have been the better hire.
Manny is on the quick turnaround portal track.
Mario is running in place, trying to figure out how the portal could help him.
Big difference this year I agree.

You don't build a program through the transfer portal, you supplement it.

Beat UNC and parlay that nice looking season record into some surprise blue chippers down the stretch before signing day. We'll see how good a salesman Manny is if he can get King to come back.

Advertisement
Manny is on the quick turnaround portal track.
Mario is running in place, trying to figure out how the portal could help him.
Big difference this year I agree.
Can't lose to Oregon State and Cal back to back weeks in year 3 especially when you're in the playoff conversation when the season started

That's the equivalent of Diaz losing to Duke and GT again next year coming off the season we're currently having (losing the star QB is no excuse)

Mario is still the same coach that no one on here wanted until Oregon hired him. He would recruit and win 9-10-11 games here off talent alone. But he can't game manage for ****. I'm pretty sure I even bought into the hype for a bit when Diaz was 6-7 and Mario was 12-2. Glad he gave us a reality check.

Racism
Players will share jersey numbers and we'll put words like "equality" on the back. Ncaa won't realize we have more players than allowed.
Yeah...and since NCAA has mostly white staff all the black players will look alike to them.

Advertisement
Didn’t Coonys counterpart say in the presser that
Transfer count towards the 25, so we only can take three total, or did I not understand what he said?

Advertisement
Back