Richt said something interesting post game...

Canenable

Recruit
which he rarely does as he looks like he is overdosing on beta blockers usually, but there was a gleam in his eye as he mentioned the one-time transfer rule that takes place in January and how Miami is a "great destination", he thinks Miami is going to add a whole lot more talent come January.

Manny is learning how to be a college football coach right now but with the portal and these new one-time rules he is becoming a talent evaluator/recruiter to poach other great players and certainly having Miami as a destination is a great selling point. Whatever happens to Manny in his coaching career, it is probably only second to his ability to sell, he may be wasting his best talents to football when he seems to be the best salesman around.

If Manny is able to get 5-8 transfers, what positions does he go after most and how does he make room for them? Assuming King stays we pass on a transfer QB, but if not I guess we go after the Liberty QB. Definitely OL, watching the big 10 (because nothing good was on) there were some massive bodies out there taking care of their QB's, can never have enough of them. Need at CB and if we lose our DE's then those are obvious areas. I guess we can take the proverbial best available player since we can fill lots of holes.

Awesome win last night, totally satisfying!

Advertisement
which he rarely does as he looks like he is overdosing on beta blockers usually, but there was a gleam in his eye as he mentioned the one-time transfer rule that takes place in January and how Miami is a "great destination", he thinks Miami is going to add a whole lot more talent come January.

Manny is learning how to be a college football coach right now but with the portal and these new one-time rules he is becoming a talent evaluator/recruiter to poach other great players and certainly having Miami as a destination is a great selling point. Whatever happens to Manny in his coaching career, it is probably only second to his ability to sell, he may be wasting his best talents to football when he seems to be the best salesman around.

If Manny is able to get 5-8 transfers, what positions does he go after most and how does he make room for them? Assuming King stays we pass on a transfer QB, but if not I guess we go after the Liberty QB. Definitely OL, watching the big 10 (because nothing good was on) there were some massive bodies out there taking care of their QB's, can never have enough of them. Need at CB and if we lose our DE's then those are obvious areas. I guess we can take the proverbial best available player since we can fill lots of holes.

Awesome win last night, totally satisfying!
Where are we getting all these spots to take 5-8 transfers...🤷‍♂️

Players will share jersey numbers and we'll put words like "equality" on the back. Ncaa won't realize we have more players than allowed.

chess GIF

Advertisement
Where are we getting all these spots to take 5-8 transfers...🤷‍♂️
This. I like the thought, op, and there's no question we are a very inviting destination for transfers. These kids get caught up in the circus (and the bags) as high school seniors going through the recruiting process. But after all that dies off and they realize they're in the wrong spot, they look at things differently. Miami is a place where you will always have a big stage to show off your game if you're a baller, and we've been mediocre enough recently to allow for early playing time if you truly are a good player. There's a reason we have cleaned up in the portal the past few years.

But no way we're using 6-8 initial counters on transfers this year. Not only is that not good for us long-term, we just don't have the spots to do it. And we're sure as **** not turning away committed 4-year players to give their spot to a grad transfer. Depending on what King decides, I could see us taking 2-3 transfers at key positions if the right guys are available, and that's about it.

Our recruiting is getting better and better. Whether it’s Covid or recruits realizing what is right in front of them its good too see them staying home to play for them crib. As winning continues hopefully that becomes the norm. ***** Bama, LSU, etc, Hopefully we get to a point where we don’t look at the portal.

Advertisement
I think we'll get a Portal QB (if King leaves), a Portal DE, a Portal OT & maybe a Portal CB.

If the NCAA changes the IC rule in conjunction with the one time transfer rule, basically not having transfers count towards your IC's, then that would be monumental for a program like Miami.

I think we'll get a Portal QB (if King leaves), a Portal DE, a Portal OT & maybe a Portal CB.

If the NCAA changes the IC rule in conjunction with the one time transfer rule, basically not having transfers count towards your IC's, then that would be monumental for a program like Miami.

This is the only way we get more than 1-3 GT. We also would likely need to take walkon ships away and/or see more Junior/rs so departures to free up space for the overall counter.

Advertisement

It's also the only thing that will bail out FSU.

FSU too, think how many G5 transfers there are to be had!

Only way the QB from Liberty leaves is if Freeze gets another job and takes him with him. They play solid competition so that won't be an issue plus Freeze is a better QB coach/OC than 95% of the country.

Advertisement

I rather see Miami develop an qb, but I understand why they would. I’m concerned with how it would effect potential qb recruits moving forward.

I thought grad transfers don’t count as ICs?

Anyhow, not like richt could know anything - until a kid hits the portal, contact with him would be a violation.

I’ve been tellin y’all’s since last year Manny is bringing the crib back— because homie is FROM the Crib!

he just needs a few years as HC to make us NC caliber...he’s on year 2

....took Saban 3 yrs at Bama w a loaded team to break into the top 5

.....took Dabo 12 yrs at Clemson to break into top 5

1607306894692.jpeg

Give home-boy till year 4 at least before you judge the man.

Advertisement
Back