Richt on WQAM 4/22/16

I wonder if that Rising Senior camp will be the most similar to Georgia's "Dawg Night." We need something like that. Too bad the stadium is under construction. Kids want to feel big time and we could use that to our advantage, especially in South Florida where kids think they are super stars in Optimist ball. Excited to see how Richt and staff do!

Advertisement
I wonder if that Rising Senior camp will be the most similar to Georgia's "Dawg Night." We need something like that. Too bad the stadium is under construction. Kids want to feel big time and we could use that to our advantage, especially in South Florida where kids think they are super stars in Optimist ball. Excited to see how Richt and staff do!

I know a few coaches and players that went to both last year's Dawg Night and FSU camp. Both were exclusively at the practice facility.

I like the part about our RBs. People around here complain a little that we don't have a Heisman contending RB, but we have 3 guys that could all be starters on a lot of power 5 teams. If Richt can rotate them well throughout games we'll be able run defenses ragged by always having a talented back with fresh legs in the game.

Lol how do these clowns know if we have a heisman level rb or not? Mark Ingram won the Heisman and doesn't run a 4.4. Most of these dudes just some Dalvin Cook groupies.

I like the part about our RBs. People around here complain a little that we don't have a Heisman contending RB, but we have 3 guys that could all be starters on a lot of power 5 teams. If Richt can rotate them well throughout games we'll be able run defenses ragged by always having a talented back with fresh legs in the game.

Lol how do these clowns know if we have a heisman level rb or not? Mark Ingram won the Heisman and doesn't run a 4.4. Most of these dudes just some Dalvin Cook groupies.
And how does a 4.4 make you a heisman winning back?? Pretty sure Derrick Henry, Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams, and Eddie George weren't 4.4 guys

Advertisement

And how does a 4.4 make you a heisman winning back?? Pretty sure Derrick Henry, Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams, and Eddie George weren't 4.4 guys

Exactly haters on here act like Yearby wasn't beasting plenty of times last year and Mark Walton and Gus Edwards both have shown a lot of promise.

We hit a home-run with this hire. Couldn't be happier.

I prefer grand slam but Homerun works too

I'll call it a grand slam when we win 10 or 11 games and an ACC title.

I've got to say though this is the most optimistic I've felt in almost a decade.

To me it's a near certainty that Richt will lead us to 10-11 win seasons and an ACC title/s. Now, if he leads us to a National Title/s and has us in the playoff picture consistently then I will call his hiring a grand slam. Also, contrary to the cheap propaganda constantly spewed by media hacks with an agenda, I don't think those are lofty unrealistic goals and expectations for this program. With the right head coach and staff those goals are very achievable and should be viewed as such by this fan base.

Not gonna sit here an say finally this finally that because we said the same about Al when he came on board. It's just nice to know we have someone that has had continued success at a MAJOR D-1 program.

It's nice to have a little bit of calmness to the direction.

Exactly haters on here act like Yearby wasn't beasting plenty of times last year and Mark Walton and Gus Edwards both have shown a lot of promise.
Hey man I didn't say they were bad players, but Heisman level production is a different level of talent. All 3 have NFL potential and like I said could start on a ton of teams across the nation.

All I meant was people around here complain about the lack of a superstar talent at the position (and yes most of those people are salty we missed out on Cook) but I think the depth we have will be better than the entire offense relying on one guy.

Advertisement

I've got to say though this is the most optimistic I've felt in almost a decade.

To me it's a near certainty that Richt will lead us to 10-11 win seasons and an ACC title/s. Now, if he leads us to a National Title/s and has us in the playoff picture consistently then I will call his hiring a grand slam. Also, contrary to the cheap propaganda constantly spewed by media hacks with an agenda, I don't think those are lofty unrealistic goals and expectations for this program. With the right head coach and staff those goals are very achievable and should be viewed as such by this fan base.
I was listening to a college football radio show, and they stated that Richt would have had UGA in the playoffs 4 times if they had the playoff system in place the whole time he was there. Don't know if that's a fact, but this dude is usually very careful with the stuff he says on his show.

I was listening to a college football radio show, and they stated that Richt would have had UGA in the playoffs 4 times if they had the playoff system in place the whole time he was there. Don't know if that's a fact, but this dude is usually very careful with the stuff he says on his show.

Well the years he won the SEC he probably would've been since they love conference champions so much, maybe even the 2012 season when they lost to Bama, they've would've been 11-2 with the loss in the SEC championship game
The other records when they won the SEC would've been

2002: 12-1 heading to the playoff
2005: 10-2 heading into the playoff

So there's three strong case, I don't see a fourth one though...

Audio « CBS Miami

-Coaching staff spends massive amount of time accumulating and analyzing film from prospects all over the country to developed the big board. Coaches will see everybody in the state but they have to cherry-picked when they go out of state. The recruiting department sets up the film and kinda of tees it up for the coaches to study it, make decisions on kids, then the they can go out on the road and closed the kid.

was this a quote? I'm interested to know who's in the recruiting department and how it works

Well the years he won the SEC he probably would've been since they love conference champions so much, maybe even the 2012 season when they lost to Bama, they've would've been 11-2 with the loss in the SEC championship game
The other records when they won the SEC would've been

2002: 12-1 heading to the playoff
2005: 10-2 heading into the playoff

So there's three strong case, I don't see a fourth one though...

2007 was the 4th...they finished #2 in the country....would have played OSU for the title but was voted out of the game in favor of LSU who won the conference....LSU was #7 UGA was #4 .....Missouri and West Virginia were 1 and 2 at the time but lost their final games, moving OSU, who was #3 up, but not UGA for some oddball reason.

Advertisement
Audio « CBS Miami

-Coaching staff spends massive amount of time accumulating and analyzing film from prospects all over the country to developed the big board. Coaches will see everybody in the state but they have to cherry-picked when they go out of state. The recruiting department sets up the film and kinda of tees it up for the coaches to study it, make decisions on kids, then the they can go out on the road and closed the kid.

was this a quote? I'm interested to know who's in the recruiting department and how it works

It wasn't a direct quote. Richt basically tried to give the recruiting department as much credit as possible. In all honesty, it just sounds like the recruiting department does a lot of video editing with the prospect film (Especially those out of state) to showcase both their strengths and weaknesses. After that, it up to the coaches to properly evaluate the prospects film to see whether they are a take or a camp invite or to further evaluate in a game setting.

Audio « CBS Miami

It wasn't a direct quote. Richt basically tried to give the recruiting department as much credit as possible. In all honesty, it just sounds like the recruiting department does a lot of video editing with the prospect film (Especially those out of state) to showcase both their strengths and weaknesses. After that, it up to the coaches to properly evaluate the prospects film to see whether they are a take or a camp invite or to further evaluate in a game setting.

oh ok, I thought you was saying that the recruiting department picks which player is recruited

Audio « CBS Miami
-It is different then 10 years ago in terms protecting your own turf in recruiting. He talks about 150-200 kids in the tri-county that are D1 football players, however Miami only has space for 20-25 at the most. Miami has to make sure to get the right 20-25 because it is impossible to get them all. Staff needs to do a good job of identifying who they want and loving them up. Letting the kids know every dream that they have can be achieved at Miami.

That's the key to everything right there, IMO. Close the no-brainer difference makers like Dalvin Cook & Patrick Peterson. Then make the right evaluations on players not getting love in the recruiting rankings like Lavonte David or Skai Moore.

Much easier said than done, but if you can get some 1 or 2 game changers and find 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough in each class. Do that and you don't have to be a great coach. The South Florida talent will carry you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back