Richt on WQAM 3/20/17

Advertisement
Dallas should get a look at RB before he gets a look at CB imo

I've been saying this.

I've seen DJ play many times in real games and I'm a big fan. He is not a RB at the college level unless it's situational.

Explain ? He has decent size, good vision and speed. He'll be used as a Swiss Army knife imo. He'll get reps at multiple spots on offense.

He is a dynamic talent, but he has played out of position for two years in high school. I agree with your Harvin reference as it pertains to a multi tool playa. But as a true RB, he would be a good option as a zone blocking, stretch play runner and I'm not sure if that fits into what Richt is trying to accomplish. IMHO, we don't know how to best utililize his talents to complement the other options on the roster.

The one thing I think for sure
is that one of Sherrif ,Rozier, or Allison will Probably move on after spring.

The one thing I think for sure
is that one of Sherrif ,Rozier, or Allison will Probably move on after spring.

Yep. And I think at least 2 of those will be gone by the end of next spring (we will need to make room for the 2018 class entering in the fall).

If I had to give percentages on probability by QB, I would say:

Rozier - 51
Allison - 30
Weldon - 10
Perry - 8
Others - 1

So I'm giving Rozier a better than 50% chance of being the starting quarterback with Allison also having a decent chance. I think Weldon has a better chance among the true freshman and Perry, simply because he's going to be here a lot earlier and had the opportunity to participate in many more practices both formal and informal it. But not much that greater than Perry.

Of course, like everyone else, these are just guesses and anything could happen. We might know more after spring practice and make better predictions then. But even then, I don't think we're going to have a good idea till mid to late summer just who the starter will be, this could even stretch out right into the week before the first game.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
definitely sounds like they will be adding a RB soon... and mentioned dallas may slide to RB if they really HAD to....

QB spot wide open, is some what coach talk to motivate them to fight it out, as well as, probably follow through with his recruiting pitches to weldon and Perry that they will have a chance to fight to start day 1......

Hope DJ doesn't go the way of Jason Geathers

Is that going to be the sad sack rap every time someone comes in as an athlete capable of playing multiple positions? Deejay came here with the idea of playing multiple positions. He relishes the plan and has that burning desire to be great inside of him that Geathers didn't have.

Geathers had 4 years to separate himself at RB or WR and couldn't get it done because he either wasn't good enough or didn't want it badly enough.

Come up with an example of a guy who played a couple spots and turned out well. There are plenty. Rewire your sad sack mind.

I could see Dallas used like Richt used McKenzie at UGA. At least once or twice a game, he'd have a jet sweep for McKenzie, especially early in the game.

Rozier - 51
Allison - 30
Weldon - 10
Perry - 8
Others - 1

So I'm giving Rozier a better than 50% chance of being the starting quarterback with Allison also having a decent chance. I think Weldon has a better chance among the true freshman and Perry, simply because he's going to be here a lot earlier and had the opportunity to participate in many more practices both formal and informal it. But not much that greater than Perry.

Of course, like everyone else, these are just guesses and anything could happen. We might know more after spring practice and make better predictions then. But even then, I don't think we're going to have a good idea till mid to late summer just who the starter will be, this could even stretch out right into the week before the first game.

giphy.gif

From the Miami Herald, MR says: "Richt and his father, head coach and quarterbacks guru Mark Richt, said the quarterback competition will run through fall camp" (Read more here: UM quarterback cupboard full and ready for service as spring practice begins | Miami Herald)

Who's wrong? That would be you.

Nice try, clown.

Advertisement

Rozier - 51
Allison - 30
Weldon - 10
Perry - 8
Others - 1

giphy.gif

Do you seriously think Richt is going to name a starter in the spring? What would be the upside to that? Let them go and compete...if there's a guy who looks better in the fall than the spring, you don't want him riding the pine because you mad a decision 6 months before the first game.

Rozier - 51
Allison - 30
Weldon - 10
Perry - 8
Others - 1

giphy.gif

lmao

I think the QB comp goes a couple games into the regular season. Richt's tendencies on strategy seem to be a bit conservative at times. I don't see him throwing a true Freshman into Doak Cambell Stadium. That's a huge game with a lot of pressure on the QB to maintain. I see Rosier through 3rd week then maybe someone else gets some time. BUT I would love to see Perry come in here and shock us all.

Malik Freeman, I mean Rosier shouldn't take one snap.

He was a bum then and he's a bum now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back