Richt on 1010 in Jacksonville

KingRon2

Recruit
Just got off the air.

FYI he said:

Happy to be in Miami. He and his family will immerse themselves in the city.

Loves coach Kool and was very happy to get him, expects big things from Dline.

Sounded pumped up and the local hosts (gators and a Nole) noted this and said Ga will regret letting him go. Said he is excited to coach qb's and call plays again.

Said swagger is about putting in work and doing your job. Then seeing the results.

Said they have grass, weights and footballs in Miami and that's all you need to get ready to play football. I've heard him say this a few times in response to the question about facilities in Miami and, to me, he seems a little annoyed by the question. He can see where the question is headed and interrupts it to begin his answer. Always the same answer.

Nothing earth shattering in interview. Just passing along a little info.

Advertisement
I think he will have immediate success here. Next year schedule is not that difficult outside of fsu and notre dame.

I like the grass, weights and football thing. No built in excuses, just old school Cane crap. We never had "best in world" crap except effort, work and speed.

Advertisement
Mark richt man, he will do very well here. Richt said in his interview he will call plays and coach the quarterbacks. Also like many others have said he delegated this power in the last 7/8 years at Uga...

Of that is the case, we have possibly the best playcaller in all of college football.

Mark richt man, he will do very well here. Richt said in his interview he will call plays and coach the quarterbacks. Also like many others have said he delegated this power in the last 7/8 years at Uga...

Good stuff. I loved that co-host telling Richt that he's a big Nole but that he started losing sleep when he heard that we hired Kuligowski. You gotta love stuff like this because it was the day after the National Championship Game and that was basically 12 minutes of a show in Jacksonville, an area we very well could continue pulling monsters from, completely fawning over Richt and our future.

Advertisement
Good stuff. I loved that co-host telling Richt that he's a big Nole but that he started losing sleep when he heard that we hired Kuligowski. You gotta love stuff like this because it was the day after the National Championship Game and that was basically 12 minutes of a show in Jacksonville, an area we very well could continue pulling monsters from, completely fawning over Richt and our future.

Surprising. The crown jewel of Jacksonville area football just won the Heisman and a national title, and Mark Richt is on the air there? I'd love to see us continuing to do work in that region.

things can improve but "we're not gonna sit around and cry about everything, we're gonna go to work"

The perfect answer to that dumbass facilies question is " well with those facilities they put more kids in the nfl than anybody " period. Ether

Love the fact that he's going to be more hands on and calling plays. I think we're getting the better side of Mark Richt as a coach. That numbers of his first 7 years vs the last 8 at UGA show that too.

We up! Recruit our tails off and we can get back into the hunt.

Advertisement
Love the fact that he's going to be more hands on and calling plays. I think we're getting the better side of Mark Richt as a coach. That numbers of his first 7 years vs the last 8 at UGA show that too.

We up! Recruit our tails off and we can get back into the hunt.

just when i thought i'd never hear that again...

That is great that they are having Mark Richt on the AIR on Jacksonville, I don't think that there has been a Miami coach on any stations in Jacksonville in the last 15 years.

Richt still has some good pull in north Florida from his UGA days, then combine that with Miami landing several Players from the Jacksonville area in the last 4 classes.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Of that is the case, we have possibly the best playcaller in all of college football.

I don't want to speculate on how much the game has changed since richt called plays but he was/is no doubt one of the best offensive minds in football. His play calling coincided with the rise of Florida state and he brought Georgia on the map and won two sec championships. He's always had amazing offenses while calling plays.

If he has anywhere near the same success as he did while calling plays at FSU or UGA early years then Miami will be back very soon

Richt literally can hand pick a recruit anywhere in Florida and land them. He has strong areas in south Florida, Tampa and Jacksonville which should be the main areas we target in Florida.

Advertisement
Back