Richt Not Interested In Miami

Advertisement
Totally understandable if he doesn't want to go from one pressure cooker job to another. He's done that for 15 years.

the Cavaliers appear to be deep in negotiations with Mike Sanford, a 33-year-old offensive coordinator at Notre Dame.

Thanks for the linked article.

I found the above quote interesting ...

Advertisement
He has staff read these boards. He didn't want a team with the dumbest fan base in America.

(sarcasm)

I bet he doesn't want to come due to dealing with another unreasonable fan base. People in Georgia let him go because this consistent 10 game winner couldn't win the NC. Miami fans will be no different. Even if he pulled 10 wins every year, we would fly banners if no NC. I imagine he gets tired of answering questions every week about being fired despite having a great record.

I would expect him to go to a school with a little less football tradition. Then if he improves the program, they will be happy as ****.

Advertisement
Completely expected.

He's getting a shyteload of money from Georgia for the next few seasons.

He'll probably take a cushy tv gig and take a couple years off from coaching. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he never coached again. He doesn't need the money.
Plus he and his family have been in Athens for 15 years.

while the thought of having Richt was exciting, I strongly felt it was a long shot because of some of what has been already stated (not hurting for $$$$, burnout, etc). Plus Athens is a great place (lived there for 4 years), moving from there to Miami would be a huge culture shock. Being that I am in my 40's, I would take Athens over Miami any day (I grew up in Dade county and would NEVER return other than to visit for a couple of days). $$ goes A LOT further in GA.

Also, I while I am not pleased at how they went about it, it seems they hiring Butch...look out CFB!!!!

Here's the article:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/richt-unlikely-to-jump-at-any-current-job-openings

Pretty thin reasoning if you ask me. Seems more like SEC cultists thinking they're the center of the universe by questioning why he'd even want to go elsewhere. You also lose credibility when you claim UVA would be the best fit.

I don't think richt will be coaching anywhere next year. I think he will be doing tv and missionary work.

I just read this...and this is complete conjecture and SEC-bias spin. They have the football coaching jobs ranked at the bottom...and, SHOCKER!!!! They have the 3 SEC openings ranked ahead of Miami. That's laughable. Georgia #1 - South Carolina #2 - Missouri #3 - Miami #4 .

That pretty much poo-poos any relevance of this article.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hes not interested in the HC position because he is going to be Butch's OC.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back