Richt/Mullen

Mullen is 4-29 against ranked teams. Isn't that what we hated golden for?

No thanks. I'll take richt happily

How many games was Mullen the favorite in those games?

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even th bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

This year they were the higher rated team according to F+ 2 of 4 games against ranked opponents. They were 1-3 in those games, losing by a score of 120-69.

Last year they were the higher rated team in 2 of 6 games against ranked opponents. they went 3-3 in those games outscoring them by the score of 191-188.

2013 they were the higher rated team in 0 of 5 games. They went 0-5 and lost by a combined 185-93.

2012 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 147-57. They beat one team rated higher than them all season- Tenn. was #53 and MSU was #57 .

2011 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 101-42. They lost to another team rated lower than them (Auburn) and needed OT to beat La. Tech.

2010 they were higher rated in 1 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games (won the game they were higher rated) and lost by a combined 121-72 score.

2009 they were higher rated in 0 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games and lost by a combined 171-120 score.

Basically, Mullen will win the games he should win- most of the time- and will lose almost every game he is expected to lose. He doesn't appear to outcoach his talent for the most part, but I haven't done any meaningless regression analysis on their recruiting classes + pro talent versus their opponents recruiting classes + pro talent available in those games.

That's 6 wins against ranked teams though. 6-27 record against ranked teams.

This.

Mullen is pretty good, but not the savior many on here have been suggesting.

Advertisement
Looking at record like that is laughable and I absolutely hate when people do it.

Mississippi St is 7th out 7 in the SEC West in recruiting possibilities. UGA is 1 or 2 in the East depending on how you have them ranked with UF, and those 2 w/ Tennessee is a gigantic spread between Vandy, UK, Mizzou, SCarolina.

Richt is 5-11 vs UF. Would you be happy with that vs FSU?

Well, if that's the bellweather than Butch is out. At North Carolina, 0-4 versus North Carolina State (Tom O'Brien) and 0-3 versus Al Groh's Cavs. Plus, 1-5 versus Beamer and 1-5 versus Bowden at Miami. He was also 1-3 versus Beamer at North Carolina.

Both are good coaches in my opinion. Mark could be very successful at Miami. So could Butch.

Last edited:
FWIW, here is my convo with the Sports Editor from the Chattanooga Times Free Press

I asked you about Richt to Miami weeks ago and you said no chance. How about now?

S. Carolina would be more likely than Da U for Richt. That said, the one potential hire that should scare everyone is Kiffin to Miami. Dude could be Jimmy Johnson 2.0.

No thanks. Give me Mullen. He wanted the job in 2010, and I've heard he wants out of Starkvegas now.

Mullen at the U would be money. We think Mullen could be a factor in every job search, including UGA. Dude can flat coach.

Advertisement
Why would Miami want the University of Georgia's reject? He's not good enough for UGa, but for some fans he should be the top choice at Miami??? Something's wrong with this picture.

At Georgia, Richt had the best of everything....money, facilities and recruits, and yet he disappointed year after year.

I have a number of friends who are Bulldog fans, and they were constantly frustrated with Richt's inability to win the big game.

Just say NO.

Most people at Georgia think the AD is crazy as **** to fire Richt

He won the SEC and his division multiple times, something we've never even done in the coastal

Why would Miami want the University of Georgia's reject? He's not good enough for UGa, but for some fans he should be the top choice at Miami??? Something's wrong with this picture.

At Georgia, Richt had the best of everything....money, facilities and recruits, and yet he disappointed year after year.

I have a number of friends who are Bulldog fans, and they were constantly frustrated with Richt's inability to win the big game.

Just say NO.

Most people at Georgia think the AD is crazy as **** to fire Richt

He won the SEC and his division multiple times, something we've never even done in the coastal

Hasn't won the SEC in 10 years.
Has won the East 2 times in the last 10 years.

That is the goal at Miami apparently, occasionally compete for division titles, never win conference titles and be 5-11 vs FSU.

Last edited:
for the record, I want Mullen. I know it means jack ****, but....

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 27m27 minutes ago
Fun scenario to think about: Miami hires Dan Mullen, plays Mississippi State in the TaxSlayer Bowl as Mullen watches from the stands.

Just say NO.

Bruh I lived in Buford Ga, not far from Athens and everybody I work with and most of my friends are UGA fans. Also I know a couple people that played for them. Everybody ****ed...

They saying the only reason he got fired is because they view Kirby Smart as the future of the program and dont want to take a chance at losing him to South Carolina. If Smart was rumored to a smaller school in another conf, they wouldve been happy to take him later on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mullen is a slam dunk. Dude can coach & would kill it here. Butch or Mullen & im thrilled.

Mullen is 4-29 against ranked teams. Isn't that what we hated golden for?

No thanks. I'll take richt happily

How many games was Mullen the favorite in those games?

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even the bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

Mullen is not a proven....eh, you and I have already discussed Coach Mullen.

uzq5j.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back