Richt/Mullen

Looking at record like that is laughable and I absolutely hate when people do it.

Mississippi St is 7th out 7 in the SEC West in recruiting possibilities. UGA is 1 or 2 in the East depending on how you have them ranked with UF, and those 2 w/ Tennessee is a gigantic spread between Vandy, UK, Mizzou, SCarolina.

Richt is 5-11 vs UF. Would you be happy with that vs FSU?

Advertisement
Butch - HC
Richt - OC
Schiano -DC

#2016-17 National Champions

That's a tad unrealistic, just a tad

What how many parts out of the 4 are realistic, if you don't mind me asking? The HC OC DC or the NC?

Schiano and Richt will be up for head jobs across the country. It's comically unrealistic.

Richt could retire .

But both would get pretty decent gigs if they wanted . And would be higher on most schools lists than lord Butch

Last edited:
Looking at record like that is laughable and I absolutely hate when people do it.

Mississippi St is 7th out 7 in the SEC West in recruiting possibilities. UGA is 1 or 2 in the East depending on how you have them ranked with UF, and those 2 w/ Tennessee is a gigantic spread between Vandy, UK, Mizzou, SCarolina.

That's too deep for some of these dummies

Exactly. Looking at those records, given each coach's school situation, Mullen has overachieved more than any other SEC coach over the past four years.

Malzahn, Sumlin, Muschamp and maybe Miles were probably the biggest underachievers over that time frame.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mullen is 4-29 against ranked teams. Isn't that what we hated golden for?

No thanks. I'll take richt happily

Yeah, because it's apples to apples

It is what it is. He's at a power five school. He should be held to more or less same standard. It's bad when we start excusing losses for a coach and he's not even here yet

Miss St the same standard as Ga?

Ok dude.

Porst on bruh

It is what it is. He's at a power five school. He should be held to more or less same standard. It's bad when we start excusing losses for a coach and he's not even here yet

Ok dude.

Porst on bruh

Same standard as everyone. To win their division. I'm not saying mullen is terrible or richt is great I just love the irony here

Shannon and most notably golden can't beat a ranked team here and it's a problem (although our talent hasnt been world class either). But mullen loses consistently to every decent team on the schedule and it's okay?

Advertisement

Ok dude.

Porst on bruh

Same standard as everyone. To win their division. I'm not saying mullen is terrible or richt is great I just love the irony here

Shannon and most notably golden can't beat a ranked team here and it's a problem (although our talent hasnt been world class either). But mullen loses consistently to every decent team on the schedule and it's okay?

When did Shannon or Golden have the worst recruiting classes in their division?

Every reason isn't an excuse, and every excuse isn't a reason.

There is a difference between excuses and reasons ...

Mullen has more upside. I wouldnt be upset with Richt, but he would be about my 5th choice of realistic candidates

They beat Auburn, at Aubun this year. Beat Mizzou at Mizzou, also smashed UK. They beat Arkansas at Arkansas.

That's wins over Malzhan, Pinkel, Stoops, and Bielema. In what world are those not quality wins?

They also beat Southern Miss, who won their conference and finished the year 9-3.

But we can agree to disagree if those wins by Miss State don't impress you ...

How many games was Mullen the favorite in those games?

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even th bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

Well I disagree with you on who mullen has beat

Every respectable team he has played this year he has lost to. And the sec is weaker than ever this year so it's even worse on him

Last edited:
Mark just got fired for not winning enough. Why should we hire him? He played here and I like the dude, but remember he is from the St. Bobby coaching tree, where taking 20 or so years to win one NC is statute material. This is Miami. You need to play in the NC is 3 or the planes are flying. Mark has been retired for a couple years already. Mullen hasn't done crap since he left Urban. It will take him 3 to 5 years to get "his" type of players -- I am too old for that. Butch starts recruiting Miami type player day one.

Advertisement
I know you are a BBB guy ...

But when and where did Butch "win immediately"?

Mark just got fired for not winning enough. Why should we hire him? He played here and I like the dude, but remember he is from the St. Bobby coaching tree, where taking 20 or so years to win one NC is statute material. This is Miami. You need to play in the NC is 3 or the planes are flying. Mark has been retired for a couple years already. Mullen hasn't done crap since he left Urban. It will take him 3 to 5 years to get "his" type of players -- I am too old for that. Butch starts recruiting Miami type player day one.

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even th bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

This year they were the higher rated team according to F+ 2 of 4 games against ranked opponents. They were 1-3 in those games, losing by a score of 120-69.

Last year they were the higher rated team in 2 of 6 games against ranked opponents. they went 3-3 in those games outscoring them by the score of 191-188.

2013 they were the higher rated team in 0 of 5 games. They went 0-5 and lost by a combined 185-93.

2012 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 147-57. They beat one team rated higher than them all season- Tenn. was #53 and MSU was #57 .

2011 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 101-42. They lost to another team rated lower than them (Auburn) and needed OT to beat La. Tech.

2010 they were higher rated in 1 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games (won the game they were higher rated) and lost by a combined 121-72 score.

2009 they were higher rated in 0 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games and lost by a combined 171-120 score.

Basically, Mullen will win the games he should win- most of the time- and will lose almost every game he is expected to lose. He doesn't appear to outcoach his talent for the most part, but I haven't done any meaningless regression analysis on their recruiting classes + pro talent versus their opponents recruiting classes + pro talent available in those games.

That's 6 wins against ranked teams though. 6-27 record against ranked teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Other than the fact that we have a Miami QB now, and Kaaya is useless to Mullen, I am not one who thinks we will have great talent next year. We are slow and weak from years of Goldenisation. What I said was Butch starts RECRUITING Miami type players day one. If I thought Mullen or Chip could take us to NC in one or two years, I would be all in -- I want NCs above all. I do not see that happening. I fear 4 years from now we have another coach who has failed to change Miami into something it has never been. Then what?

Maybe Butch doesn't win NC in 3 or 4 years. What do YOU think will be on the team for his replacement? History says, one **** of a team. That is a nice insurance policy. I am more comfortable going backward to THE U than forward to whatever. Then again, I still pray in Latin and attend the old Mass. I like what I know works. If it makes you feel better, I want Mike Leach when we hired Randy. I though he would at least hang a 100 on people. Now I fear we do not have time for that gamble.

Appreciate your research.

I just side with position that Miss State shouldn't beat the teams they lose to. And the fact that he has that team .500 is an accomplishment.

This year they were the higher rated team according to F+ 2 of 4 games against ranked opponents. They were 1-3 in those games, losing by a score of 120-69.

Last year they were the higher rated team in 2 of 6 games against ranked opponents. they went 3-3 in those games outscoring them by the score of 191-188.

2013 they were the higher rated team in 0 of 5 games. They went 0-5 and lost by a combined 185-93.

2012 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 147-57. They beat one team rated higher than them all season- Tenn. was #53 and MSU was #57 .

2011 they were higher rated in 0 of 4 games. They went 0-4 and lost by a combined 101-42. They lost to another team rated lower than them (Auburn) and needed OT to beat La. Tech.

2010 they were higher rated in 1 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games (won the game they were higher rated) and lost by a combined 121-72 score.

2009 they were higher rated in 0 of 5 games. They went 1-4 in those games and lost by a combined 171-120 score.

Basically, Mullen will win the games he should win- most of the time- and will lose almost every game he is expected to lose. He doesn't appear to outcoach his talent for the most part, but I haven't done any meaningless regression analysis on their recruiting classes + pro talent versus their opponents recruiting classes + pro talent available in those games.

That's 6 wins against ranked teams though. 6-27 record against ranked teams.

Thanks for the response.

We all want to win. Just differ on how to get there. A decade of mediocrity has us at each other's throat.

I respect your perspective.

Go Canes!

Mark just got fireod for not winning enough. Why should we hire him? He played here and I like the dude, but remember he is from the St. Bobby coaching tree, where taking 20 or so years to win one NC is statute material. This is Miami. You need to play in the NC is 3 or the planes are flying. Mark has been retired for a couple years already. Mullen hasn't done crap since he left Urban. It will take him 3 to 5 years to get "his" type of players -- I am too old for that. Butch starts recruiting Miami type player day one.

Other than the fact that we have a Miami QB now, and Kaaya is useless to Mullen, I am not one who thinks we will have great talent next year. We are slow and weak from years of Goldenisation. What I said was Butch starts RECRUITING Miami type players day one. If I thought Mullen or Chip could take us to NC in one or two years, I would be all in -- I want NCs above all. I do not see that happening. I fear 4 years from now we have another coach who has failed to change Miami into something it has never been. Then what?

Maybe Butch doesn't win NC in 3 or 4 years. What do YOU think will be on the team for his replacement? History says, one **** of a team. That is a nice insurance policy. I am more comfortable going backward to THE U than forward to whatever. Then again, I still pray in Latin and attend the old Mass. I like what I know works. If it makes you feel better, I want Mike Leach when we hired Randy. I though he would at least hang a 100 on people. Now I fear we do not have time for that gamble.

Advertisement
Back