Richt/Mullen

Cane01

Redshirt Freshman
If you have the chance grab either. Here are the SEC standings for the last 4 years (since Mizzou and A&M joined). Richt is only behind Saban. Mullen has done as well as Freeze, Sumlin, Pinkel and better than Malzahn (which was surprising), Spurrier and Bielema. For them record I would be good with any of Chip Kelly, Mark Richt, Dan Mullen, Tom Herman or Butch Davis. Any other option in my mind is not realistic (Patterson, Dantonio, Gundy, I would take any of these guys) or poor (Strong, Cristobal, Chud, Pagano, Schiano, Rodriguez, Leach , Don't want any of these guys)

Alabama 28-4. Saban 28-4
LSU 20-12. Miles 20-12
Miss St. 17-15. Mullen 17-15
Ole Miss 17-15. Freeze 17-15
Texas A&M 17-15. Sumlin 17-15
Auburn 13-19. Malzahn 13-11, Chizik 0-8
Arkansas 9-23. Bielema 7-17, Smith 2-6

Georgia 23-9. Richt 23-9
Florida 21-11. Muschamp 14-10, McElwain 7-1
Missouri 17-15. Pinkel 17-15
South Carolina 16-16. Spurrier 15-13, Elliott 1-3
Tennessee 11-21. Jones 10-14, Dooley 0-7, Chaney 1-0
Vanderbilt 11-21. Franklin 9-7, Mason 2-14
Kentucky. 4-28. Stoops 4-20, Phillips 0-8

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt has the better record and accomplished more. I'd take Mullen, but would also take Richt.

I don't want Strong and I don't want Richt.

UGA should have owned the SEC East. I think Richt is a good coach, but he's not hungry and he's not an "assassin".

I want an "assassin" or I want someone hungry. Best case is a "hungry assassin" ...

I'd prefer Mullen. I see more "assassin" in him.

Advertisement
Imagine if Mullen had all Ga's elite recruiting and played in the crappy east

Advertisement
Richt doesn't want to coach anymore.

Mullen would hate to see it in Miami. He has turned down the job multiple times. The only reason he might be interested is that Miss St is becoming impatient with him.

Richt doesn't want to coach anymore.

Mullen would hate to see it in Miami. He has turned down the job multiple times. The only reason he might be interested is that Miss St is becoming impatient with him.

Actually miami turned him down, he turned off the people interviewing him with his swag and confidence

I'd take Mullen over Richt. Richt gets elite talent at UGA and hasn't done anything big with it. Mullen, sure he hasn't won as much as Richt, but he also has a much worse talent pool at Miss State.

Advertisement
Mullen is 4-29 against ranked teams. Isn't that what we hated golden for?

No thanks. I'll take richt happily

Why would Miami want the University of Georgia's reject? He's not good enough for UGa, but for some fans he should be the top choice at Miami??? Something's wrong with this picture.

At Georgia, Richt had the best of everything....money, facilities and recruits, and yet he disappointed year after year.

I have a number of friends who are Bulldog fans, and they were constantly frustrated with Richt's inability to win the big game.

Just say NO.

Advertisement

How many games was Mullen the favorite in those games?

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even th bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

How many games was Mullen the favorite in those games?

And nobody expected Golden to have a winning record against ranked teams at Temple. Lol

People are confusing "winning record" with "being ranked". What was expected is that Golden could beat teams with winning records. He didn't do that at Temple.

Mullen beat teams with winning records at Miss State. Mullen has had really good SOS since he's been at Miss State.

All this posting about coaching records against rank teams is for guys trying to appear "smart". You know what coaches have really good records against ranked teams? Guys who have teams that are ranked better than the teams they play against.

It's not complex. Ole Miss was favored to beat Miss State. Mullen didn't lose a game he was supposed to win ... In fact, I challenged folks knocking Mullen to find the game he lost that he was supposed to win.

Even th bowl game loss to GT overlooked that Miss State was without their DC. That was a big deal, because Deshea Townsend served in the role. Notice they didn't promote him to the job after that game? And it's not as if Diaz is an awesome DC, either.

Well I disagree with you on who mullen has beat

Every respectable team he has played this year he has lost to. And the sec is weaker than ever this year so it's even worse on him

Advertisement
Back