Richt just ripped Golden, No D, and Coley

Check with me O works on occasion when you want to catch the D in a certain set and expose the holes, but if you do it every play, they will just learn to disguise in base until after the QB "checks with coach". The time also allows the D to rest, knowing they have time yet to relax for the check, makes the OLine sit in their stance forever, and kills rhythmn.

With good coaching, the QB can and should make those reads and check at the line when he sees something juicy. The offense shoudn't be so complex that he can't at this level.

Ain't it grand when folks here think that because something is in fashion that it's the best way to do it! Everything was invented when they became sentient.

Yup, game time is the wrong time to be teaching your offense.

Advertisement
With Joe Z and DBJ. He said he hates the check with me. Leads to delay of game. He said he wants to go back to 4-3 old school Miami defense where you just whip the guy in front of you.

We Back?!?!?

If he said that and follows through, Sonny Long Is Happy!

What does that have to do with Coley??? When Kaaya does it its mostly to audible

This is how check with me works:

OC calls a play, you line up. Defense then lines up.

Then everyone looks to the sideline for the OC to change the play based on however the defense lined up. It is essentially the OC audibling instead of the QB.

Gotcha.... my bad bro...but they said Kaaya called his own audibles?? Lol..oh well

I think there's an outside chance richt retains coley. He wanted to hire him a couple years back

Advertisement
Richt ran alot of no huddle hurry up at FSU.

I hope we start doing that as well.

I don;t think we have run a proper 2 min drill in 5 years.

With Joe Z and DBJ. He said he hates the check with me. Leads to delay of game. He said he wants to go back to 4-3 old school Miami defense where you just whip the guy in front of you.

We Back?!?!?
He wants to be like those old Butch and Jimmy defenses. Hope he can do it.

Coley would be nothing more than a QB coach/recruiter if retained. Basically what he was under Jimbo

Advertisement
images318DVURY.jpg

We Back?!?!?

How was that ripping them? Stop trying to make everything a confrontational issue. So, because his scheme philosophies are different he's ripping the other coaches. Come on. And yes of course hes gonna run 4-3 atatcking style.

This is great news! Although I thought Butch was the homerun, I fully support Richt.

Now for Golden, he wasn't being stubborn...he just can't coach (any other style of football).

Advertisement
heard him he said he's not going to try to out trick or out scheme anyone just play physical and win every play, I almost cried

I honestly dont mind Coley staying. Richt will be calling plays and grooming QB's and Coley will be out getting QBs.

Advertisement
I think there's an outside chance richt retains coley. He wanted to hire him a couple years back

I have a strong feeling he keeps Coley and uses him like Jizzbo did. If he's going to call plays and install his own offense, there's really no reason to fire Coley. He doesn't need to fire him just to appease fans.

Coley is a good recruiter, and did a good job as QB coach with Kaaya. Roiser performed okay in his only start against Duke. Coley won't get a 'real' OC job at a top Power 5 conference school. Quite a lot of his stink is the smell of Al Golden. You'd think Coley would want to move on but maybe a year or two at Miami, with Richt, is a better way to go. Start over, almost.

What makes Defense's break is when they know what you are going to run and you still get the first down
- in other words, I am meaner that you and I will win regard of the play call

Awesome news. I despise the Jim Furyk Offense. He's the guy who stands over a putt and then backs off. Often more than once. Maddening. I want to throw the remote. Check With Me is nothing but a football version of that.

Line up and assert yourself. That putt is dropping. That back is rumbling downfield.

Never heard of Jim Furyk.

Advertisement
Back