Richt just ripped Golden, No D, and Coley

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
With Joe Z and DBJ. He said he hates the check with me. Leads to delay of game. He said he wants to go back to 4-3 old school Miami defense where you just whip the guy in front of you.

We Back?!?!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
His UGA QB's have done that "check with me" nonsense, very happy that he's willing to scrap that

Advertisement
On 560 Richt just said he envisions a 4-3. Play like the old Miami defences. What is there not to get excited about?

With Joe Z and DBJ. He said he hates the check with me. Leads to delay of game. He said he wants to go back to 4-3 old school Miami defense where you just whip the guy in front of you.

We Back?!?!?

you might need to change your name to Notsince1982

Advertisement
What does that have to do with Coley??? When Kaaya does it its mostly to audible

This is how check with me works:

OC calls a play, you line up. Defense then lines up.

Then everyone looks to the sideline for the OC to change the play based on however the defense lined up. It is essentially the OC audibling instead of the QB.

Thank you God that the Al golden nightmare is over.

I will never understand why Alfraud was so stubborn playing his horrible defense. was the most frustrating BS to watch. completely ruined Miami football.

Advertisement
The multiple times per game when the opposing D is caught in a Chinese fire drill , we wait for them to properly align so our Oc can check his smartphone app for alt Recs. If our qb could just survey the field maybe he would notice all the instances of completely uncovered receivers or at very least take advantage of misaligned d line

nice to see a coach more concerned with developing players than scapegoating them

Awesome news. I despise the Jim Furyk Offense. He's the guy who stands over a putt and then backs off. Often more than once. Maddening. I want to throw the remote. Check With Me is nothing but a football version of that.

Line up and assert yourself. That putt is dropping. That back is rumbling downfield.

Check with me O works on occasion when you want to catch the D in a certain set and expose the holes, but if you do it every play, they will just learn to disguise in base until after the QB "checks with coach". The time also allows the D to rest, knowing they have time yet to relax for the check, makes the OLine sit in their stance forever, and kills rhythmn.

With good coaching, the QB can and should make those reads and check at the line when he sees something juicy. The offense shoudn't be so complex that he can't at this level.

Advertisement
Back