Richt in Miami

Btw this report is actually wrong. He's meeting with us but not in Miami.

SMD.... lol smh

Advertisement
Richt is steady, man. 10 wins a season against tough schedules. Monster recruiter.

He'd quietly recruit the ever loving shlt out of Florida, build a nice team, and run over the Coastal. We were entertaining Mario Cristobal 3 weeks ago, we should be grateful a coach as accomplished as Richt is in the mix.

That he would and then you add in Georgia recruiting, something FSU lived off of for years with their Florida connections.

If he's all in, he should be the guy no question with the names reported out there.

is he mean enough to take on jimbo in big games and for elite recruits? i dont know seems to nice for me

Advertisement
Schiano's interview went well, according to sources. One UM source said some key decision makers have him second on the list behind Richt, ahead of Davis
God please let Mark Richt take the job

Btw this report is actually wrong. He's meeting with us but not in Miami.

SMD.... lol smh

Go on....

Just what Ferman said. They're meeting in ATL.

Btw the fact WE went to HIM speaks volumes...

So it is impossible they flew a private jet to pick him up? Thats what a big time university does. The private jet flies in with UM officials. If he wants the job we bring him back to Miami. What coaching search involves the candidates not being flown to initially?

Advertisement
David Pollack ‏@davidpollack47 5m5 minutes ago
I would be shocked if Coach Richt coaches anywhere next year BUT Miami. That's his alma mater! That would be pretty cool!!!!!

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 59s60 seconds ago
Source on Richt/UM: If interview goes well, UM will offer the job, but "no guarantee he's going to take it."

Advertisement
Is this accurate?

wolverine.nyc
4m4 minutes ago
wolverine.nyc ‏@wolverinenyc1
[MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]RadioBeast .@smillerdegnan Richt tried to recruit Cam Newton as tight end and didn't even recruit the 5 star QB in his own back yard

Yea. And Butch wanted Daunte Culpepper as a LB.

Agreed. People are so ridiculous nit picking.

Im okay with either Butch or richt but I can't stand people assuming Butch is obviously better. What the **** has Butch done? Gone 8-5 at UNC? Who here expects him to recruit what he did at Miami in the 90's?becuase it's impossible

Both will be good here, but don't pretend like Butch is more qualified than richt. Regardless of no national championships. Winning 9 10 games seasons is something that we haven't done here in forever so it would be a major upgrade and he would have better talent here

That really wasn't my point, but the nitpicking part was. i.e. The great Steve Spurrier wanted Clinton Portis as a db, so thanks for that Steve. Great coaches eff up in recruiting sometimes. It's the nature of the gig. Even Butch, for all the great hits, had some awful recruiting misses. No one talks about that because landing a Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Shockey, etc, makes up for 4 or 5 whiffs each..

Source on Richt/UM: If interview goes well, UM will offer the job, but "no guarantee he's going to take it."

If he declines, he's not coaching next season. I can't see him passing on UM for UVA, Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

If he declines, he's not coaching next season. I can't see him passing on UM for UVA, Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

Me neither, especially if his wife gave the ok to Miami (seriously).

Advertisement
Is this accurate?

wolverine.nyc
4m4 minutes ago
wolverine.nyc ‏@wolverinenyc1
[MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]RadioBeast .@smillerdegnan Richt tried to recruit Cam Newton as tight end and didn't even recruit the 5 star QB in his own back yard

Yea. And Butch wanted Daunte Culpepper as a LB.

Agreed. People are so ridiculous nit picking.

Im okay with either Butch or richt but I can't stand people assuming Butch is obviously better. What the **** has Butch done? Gone 8-5 at UNC? Who here expects him to recruit what he did at Miami in the 90's?becuase it's impossible

Both will be good here, but don't pretend like Butch is more qualified than richt. Regardless of no national championships. Winning 9 10 games seasons is something that we haven't done here in forever so it would be a major upgrade and he would have better talent here

That really wasn't my point, but the nitpicking part was. i.e. The great Steve Spurrier wanted Clinton Portis as a db, so thanks for that Steve. Great coaches eff up in recruiting sometimes. It's the nature of the gig. Even Butch, for all the great hits, had some awful recruiting misses. No one talks about that because landing a Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Shockey, etc, makes up for 4 or 5 whiffs each..

Yeah I know I went on a tangent ha sorry.

Just saying we could all go all day complaining about small things on coaches pasts (and we do) but ultimately it's miniscule in the grand scheme of things unless it's consistent...in which richts case it is not, he's always been a strong recruiter

Richt is steady, man. 10 wins a season against tough schedules. Monster recruiter.

He'd quietly recruit the ever loving shlt out of Florida, build a nice team, and run over the Coastal. We were entertaining Mario Cristobal 3 weeks ago, we should be grateful a coach as accomplished as Richt is in the mix.

So true.

Truth is I wanted him when we got rid of Shannon.
Better late than never...

If the Mrs. doesn't like Coral Gables, then she's going to love College Park or East Piscataway.

If he is a monster recruiter, why isn't he running over a weak SEC East?

He has won the SEC East twice in 10 years, Gary Pinkel has won it twice at ******* Missouri in his 4 years in the conference.

We are talking UGA here, they are 1a and 1b in that division with UF. Tennessee, SCarolina, Mizzo, UK, Vandy don't have the recruiting base that UGA does.

Advertisement
Back