Richt in Miami

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 8m8 minutes ago
One big reason for any school, particularly a Miami to hire Richt: He had the No. 1 QB in the country committed to him. Could follow.

Couldn't hurt. Although I generally wouldn't want to hire a coach based on what recruits he might bring with him...

Advertisement
the reason it is newsworthy is because there were reports he was not interested! this does not necessarily mean he is interested and could just be a courtesy gesture, but i'm glad he is here.
Yeah, well, if you aren't interested, you don't fly into town for an interview.

What. Da. Fug??

Michael EavesVerified account
@michaeleaves
Emmy Award-winning sports journalist and current ESPN SportsCenter anchor. Get your NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA, PGA and pop culture facts and opinions here!

#Miami has spoken to both Mark Richt and Dan Mullen about head coaching job. Ideal situation for Canes might be Mullen as HC and Richt as OC

Dude. What? How would that even work???

What. Da. Fug??

@michaeleaves
Emmy Award-winning sports journalist and current ESPN SportsCenter anchor. Get your NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA, PGA and pop culture facts and opinions here!

#Miami has spoken to both Mark Richt and Dan Mullen about head coaching job. Ideal situation for Canes might be Mullen as HC and Richt as OC

It wouldn't

Advertisement
Richt is like a **** tease chick. Recruits like a maniac. Looks awesome at times. Then fails when it's time to fck.

This is my concern too, not literally but point taken. His inability to achieve anything or win the big games is a major concern.

What. Da. Fug??

@michaeleaves

Lol

What. Da. Fug??

@michaeleaves

If we're gonna talk out our asses and do something as unrealistic as that, I'd rather have Butch HC with Richt OC. That way the offense and defense are both set up to be elite units.

Richt is steady, man. 10 wins a season against tough schedules. Monster recruiter.

He'd quietly recruit the ever loving shlt out of Florida, build a nice team, and run over the Coastal. We were entertaining Mario Cristobal 3 weeks ago, we should be grateful a coach as accomplished as Richt is in the mix.

Advertisement
What. Da. Fug??

@michaeleaves

How about Bill Belichick as HC and Chip Kelly as OC. Richt is getting HC offers. Why on earth would he accept the OC job?

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 8m8 minutes ago
One big reason for any school, particularly a Miami to hire Richt: He had the No. 1 QB in the country committed to him. Could follow.

Kyle Wright and Jake Heaps were better.

Give me Allison

Advertisement
The fact Blake had to fly to Atlanta tells me we want Richt more than he wants us.

I don't like that.

Is this accurate?

wolverine.nyc
4m4 minutes ago
wolverine.nyc ‏@wolverinenyc1
[MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]RadioBeast .@smillerdegnan Richt tried to recruit Cam Newton as tight end and didn't even recruit the 5 star QB in his own back yard

Yea. And Butch wanted Daunte Culpepper as a LB.

Advertisement
The fact Blake had to fly to Atlanta tells me we want Richt more than he wants us.

I don't like that.

Where is confirmation that this is actually what's happened? Agree with you if Blake went there. Amateur move.

Butch > Richt

But Richt isn't a bad consolation prize. Better than pretty much every other candidate we are considering. He would make us a SOLID program and nationally relevant at the very least.

Is this accurate?

wolverine.nyc
4m4 minutes ago
wolverine.nyc ‏@wolverinenyc1
[MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]RadioBeast .@smillerdegnan Richt tried to recruit Cam Newton as tight end and didn't even recruit the 5 star QB in his own back yard

Yea. And Butch wanted Daunte Culpepper as a LB.

Agreed. People are so ridiculous nit picking.

Im okay with either Butch or richt but I can't stand people assuming Butch is obviously better. What the **** has Butch done? Gone 8-5 at UNC? Who here expects him to recruit what he did at Miami in the 90's?becuase it's impossible

Both will be good here, but don't pretend like Butch is more qualified than richt. Regardless of no national championships. Winning 9 10 games seasons is something that we haven't done here in forever so it would be a major upgrade and he would have better talent here

Advertisement
Back