Richt diagnosed with parkinsons

Advertisement
Wow. Someone on this board said they thought Richt was suffering from early stage dementia, alzheimers, or early stage Párkinson a couple months before he retired, during his last season. They stated it in all seriousness and not as a joke, because of the look in his eyes. I can’t remember who said it but that always stuck with me.

I think the person that said it was either a neurologist, was married to one ir knew someone with early stage dementia or Alzheimer’s

Wow. Someone on this board said they thought Richt was suffering from early stage dementia, alzheimers, or early stage Párkinson a couple months before he retired, during his last season. They stated it in all seriousness and not as a joke, because of the look in his eyes. I can’t remember who said it but that always stuck with me.

I think the person that said it was either a neurologist, was married to one ir knew someone with early stage dementia or Alzheimer’s
You are right! Someone did mention it.

Advertisement
Not a good diagnosis. One of my aunts has it and was at one point in time using the same doctor Michael J Fox was. She's in bad shape these days in her mid 70's, unable to travel, and needs help daily. Wish coach the best, he's as good a person as it gets.

Advertisement
He’s actually a good person and his faith will sustain him.

I will say this though, I think it’s important there are much worse diagnoses than Parkinson’s and even though it is generally progressive there are drug treatments can have a dramatic impact reducing symptoms.

Best of luck to a good coach and an even better man. Barring other diseases, he’ll be around for many years to come.

That night was like a dream, wasn’t it?

There’s certain games I’ve been to where I was 100% convinced we were going to win - and it always happened. That was one of them.

We partied till 4am... went back to the house where i recorded it on DVR and watched it again...

2 days later I watched it again because i still couldnt believe it happened the way it did

Advertisement
We partied till 4am... went back to the house where i recorded it on DVR and watched it again...

2 days later I watched it again because i still couldnt believe it happened the way it did

There were a few domers scattered around.

There was this one white, midwestern-looking dude, looked like a OLineman, about 6-4 and had to be pushing 3 bills, he was hyped and super focused on the game, started yapping before the kickoff, then just cheerleading like a bltch after every half positive play for the first few minutes. I was just laughing at him even before we really did anything. It was so much fun watching him get lower and slink down in his seat as the game progressed. When Bandy housed it, I thought he was going to cry.

Great human being. So sorry to hear this. Michael J. Fox has lived for decades with this. Hopefully CMR can benefit from advancements in the condition. Praying for him and his loved ones.

Advertisement
We all could see that something was wrong. Regardless of his shortcomings, he did a lot for the program and coached two of the best seasons in a long time.

Much love to you Coach Richt. We wish you health, happiness, and a long life. We pray you can endure this trial with strength and dignity and even better make a full recovery.

There were a few domers scattered around.

There was this one white, midwestern-looking dude, looked like a OLineman, about 6-4 and had to be pushing 3 bills, he was hyped and super focused on the game, started yapping before the kickoff, then just cheerleading like a bltch after every half positive play for the first few minutes. I was just laughing at him even before we really did anything. It was so much fun watching him get lower and slink down in his seat as the game progressed. When Bandy housed it, I thought he was going to cry.

Nothing like watching us beat ND.

very sad. had a close relative die from it a year ago. it progresses quickly and is just a terrible disease.

here's wishing the best for him. he's a good person and deserves our best thoughts

Advertisement
Back